Poll

Should Weight be added to the Guns of soldat?

F12
3 (33.3%)
F11
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Gun Weight - Important  (Read 8229 times)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: Gun Weight - Important
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008, 05:58:17 pm »
hmm... it might be possible to script... doesn't avarax rpg mod change the speed of the soldats? if so it should very well be possible to code.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008, 07:15:56 am »
F11

Offline Noobinabox

• Major
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2008, 02:02:30 am »
F11...

But, if it did happen, lmao to the guy who decided to lug around 2 miniguns.
You Raff You Ruse.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2008, 02:05:00 am »
hmm... it might be possible to script... doesn't avarax rpg mod change the speed of the soldats? if so it should very well be possible to code.
The speed adding and subtracting used is pretty much a workaround, and shouldn't be used in any official version.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline muzikman

• Major
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2008, 09:24:32 am »
I don't like this idea.  I mean consider the mnigun- You wouldn't be able to hold and fire in real life anyway!

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2008, 02:00:23 pm »
I don't like this idea.  I mean consider the mnigun- You wouldn't be able to hold and fire in real life anyway!

I do not say that it should have properties exactly like in real life. That would obviously be stupid (and weapons would be totally unbalanced). I only believe that real-life machanics work fine and it's a good idea to follow them, since they give natural solutions to some probems, as I've written here.

Offline ashxu

• Major(1)
  • .::Sniper-Assasin::.
    • Nintown
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2008, 03:16:36 am »
The minigun would be a piece of crap. Yes, super heavy: with batteries, ammo and the gun itself, the whole weight will cause the player unable to move, now THAT's realistic.

Seriously f11.

Lol, and you havn't played Team Fortress 2... The Heavy class (with Heavy Machine Gun) Moves alot slower then the other classes, in return he has more armor.
FOR THE GLORY OF THE IMPERIUM! CHARGE!!!!!!!

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2008, 08:39:29 am »
*facepalm*
when will you guys realize that soldat isnt the next cs/ut/tf/bf/whatever
f11, dont even to try to argue with me
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Lt. Sprizz

• Major
  • I'm sorry if I offended you.
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2008, 09:13:13 pm »
I'm gonna have to add an F11 here. Soldat really is about fast-paced gameplay, and adding an element like this would not only slow down the gameplay, but probably add a lot of new glitches as well.
"I am Jack's lack of surprise..." ~(Tyler Durden)
-=::SPOILER::=-
Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are the same person...:)
In-game: \Biz|Niz/

Offline Bjarne Betjent

• Camper
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2008, 06:11:31 am »
We also do have jet boots. I think something else should be changed to benefits for the realism before adding different weight to the weapons.

f11

Offline Jeffy

• Major(1)
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2008, 11:29:51 am »
This actually is a good idea, although many people would dislike it as well. It would take away that arcade style of the game. Although, it could work out of this only worked for a certain type of gameplay. Example, this factor would only take effect if you were playing a match with the realistic mode switched on. Good idea, but there would have to be an option to set this realism on or off.
Spaz 12 FTW

Offline TD

• Major(1)
  • TD{W.N.P} 1v1, I'll take you.
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2008, 02:55:12 pm »
No, I think not. Gun weight could only add more problems, and my guess is that if it were implemented the majority of the people here for it would find a lot more to complain about.

Face it, Soldat just isn't meant to be super-realistic.
I contend that we are both Atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you dismiss all other gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

-Stephen Roberts

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2008, 03:05:43 pm »
If I ever learn to script (maybe during holidays?), I'll make a script with all my favourite suggestions (gun weight, limited ammo etc.) and see how it works, and I'll ask other people what they think about it (I suppose that most of them would find it not as horrible as they imagined ;D)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2008, 05:24:53 pm »
thank you gotfryd...they havn't even experienced playing with this feature judging it by how it sounds.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2008, 01:22:34 am »
Poll added...vote for the verdict.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2008, 02:48:44 am »
look at my procedure suggestions article, this can be possible already but spawning bullets on the player like in hexer, but with another procedure it wont look messey and noobs wont think your hacking, I F12ed, but i wouldn't like the weapon weight for ALL weapons, like people said it could cause bugs, effect the gameplay etc. but i think it really should be added to minigun, it would be AWESOME and there will finally be 15 weapons again.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2008, 05:03:52 am »
agreed! most weapons should be modified with a weight BUT slightly just to make that difference if you know what i mean.