Team switch on map change on _inf?

f11 - bad idea
1 (5.3%)
f11 - easily scriptable
6 (31.6%)
f12 - should be option anyway
12 (63.2%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Inf maps switching  (Read 8349 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: Inf maps switching
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 02:10:42 am »
Step 1. Search for the script.
Step 2. Download the script.
Step 3. Install the script.
Takes all of five minutes, less if you're pro.

It seems that you have experience with it, but don't assume that everyone does. :/
I don't know much about hosting and have absolutely no idea about scripts, how they are installed and where to find the instructions on how to install them. And I don't really feel like spending half an hour (yes, about this much if not more because again, im not experienced with that) on figuring this out and troubleshooting any problems that might come up (and they always do).

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 03:45:11 am »
and where to find the instructions on how to install them.

Judging by topics' names, at least some instructions can be found in sticikies in scripting discussions and help.

Still, some players don't even know about the existence of scripts (I didn't know until I came to the forums and began to play online more). In that case they don't know that they can find things like that.

My point is, if someone already did a script, and it proved bug-free and useful, wouldn't it be very easy for developers to add it to Soldat?
Of course not all scripts that were ever made, only best implementations of popular issues like  airstrike in trenchwars, medic etc.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 09:03:52 am »
F12, easily scripted and is a clever and useful idea.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 03:18:11 pm »
Instead of hard-coding this into soldat, those scripts can simply be left in script format, but have a more user-friendly way to add them (an easy to find "scripts" tab with list of avaiable scripts or something like that?) and have them supplied with soldat by default.

This way many popular server features don't have to wait to be hard-coded by developers and server scripters can actually take part in soldat development too.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 03:47:01 pm »
This sounds like a good solution.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 08:18:16 pm »
The soldat server does not come with a GUI, so I don't know how your suggestion would work.

If you meant implementing it into Soldat Forums or making a new site, it's already been done.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 02:51:00 am »
If you meant implementing it into Soldat Forums or making a new site, it's already been done.

Soldat Central? I know.

The soldat server does not come with a GUI, so I don't know how your suggestion would work.

Here comes my ignorance (and maybe L[0ne]R's too): I thought/hoped that it's possible to create server with scripts also using Soldat.exe (in start game tab), not only using Soldat Server.
If it's impossible, I suggest to make it possible if it can be done...

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2009, 06:26:38 pm »
It's possible to be done, no doubt about that. However, the amount of work required to implement the scriptcore into the client just doesn't make the effort worth it, I reckon, and I'm sure EnEsCe, who would be the one to decide on doing it or not, would agree.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline tendulker

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 05:48:07 am »
If this is indeed scriptable, and it has been established that it is, I will be looking forward to it being integrated into some good inf servers, as IMO, it helps w/ gameplay a lot.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 06:38:38 am »
I can see the idea behind this, but I just don't think it's enough of an issue to really to really demand a remedy. Then again, i don't usually play infiltration, so i might just not realise said demand.

In any case, this was added to the official suggestions sticky.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 10:52:26 am »
I can see the idea behind this, but I just don't think it's enough of an issue to really to really demand a remedy. Then again, i don't usually play infiltration, so i might just not realise said demand.

Well I personally don't find this too critical, since I like staying on the same team for several rounds (though I do switch eventually). However this would bring more variety to gameplay, especially if given a bit of customization (# of rounds before switching).
This suggestion isn't as important as some other suggestions, but should still be added at some point.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 12:27:19 pm by L[0ne]R »