Poll

Should be "thinking bots" [Systhetic Intelligence] added to soldat ? - Read teh text first...

Yes, I dream of
Yes
I am not sure
No
Never !!!

Author Topic: New "thinking bots" ?  (Read 10088 times)

Offline Ketchup

• Major(1)
  • "If I can see it, I can kill it."
Re: New "thinking bots" ?
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2009, 03:40:27 pm »
This would be very good, but not for Zombie servers. If there are zombies that can actually think, it will ruin the thrill. It would also ruin the maps that want bots to walk into a certain direction. (Like the maps where they want the bots to fall into a pit trap to prevent corner flooding.) It's a fine suggestion, but I don't think it should pass.

F11
"If I can see it, I can kill it."
-[DO] Lt. Ketchup =S=

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2009, 03:22:58 pm »
My bots are not good at dodging terrain, so them walking blindly into a pit or a death wall will happen.

Offline Ketchup

• Major(1)
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2009, 02:06:11 pm »
As far as I know, we all have the same type of bots. Or did I misunderstand you?
-[DO] Lt. Ketchup =S=

Offline Shadow_Knight

• Major
  • ingame a.k.a Hitokiri Batoussai.
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2009, 06:35:07 am »
Yes we do. But he coded AI bots for himself ain't i right?

Have you epicly failed today?

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2009, 02:02:56 pm »
ohh, guyz lisen... is that very important? who cares about BOTS??!!!

ok lets go easy logical way.
you made this thread at Soldat Forums right?
that means that you have opened internet and then you went to the site right?!
that means that your inet is working OKAY and you have no problems with it, normal access right?
that means that you can play games, especially soldat, especially online right?
if you play online that means that youve played with HUMANS (wait ill look in wiki what is "huuuuumans"...)
if youve played with HUUUUMANS that means that you felt the difference between real man and stupid bot=computer=machine

from all of these SIMPLE facts one question follows... FOR WHAT?
for what do you need genious AI eh? humanity is still alive and people still play Soldat online...

PS: i play with my friend =Goblin= online very often... i cant imagine A BOT doing the same things he can do... no he is not PRO or something... he is a suicidal maniac  bringing a lot of fun not only to me to other players too... so how can BOT repeat for example "suicidal freak's" behaviour?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 02:06:48 pm by Ragnaros »

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2009, 05:27:44 pm »

that means that your inet is working OKAY and you have no problems with it, normal access right?
if you play online that means that youve played with HUMANS (wait ill look in wiki what is "huuuuumans"...)
if youve played with HUUUUMANS that means that you felt the difference between real man and stupid bot=computer=machine

for what do you need genious AI eh? humanity is still alive and people still play Soldat online...

PS: i play with my friend =Goblin= online very often... i cant imagine A BOT doing the same things he can do... no he is not PRO or something... he is a suicidal maniac  bringing a lot of fun not only to me to other players too... so how can BOT repeat for example "suicidal freak's" behaviour?

You Russians have to screw up all fun , don't ya ?

Where's the problem ? I won't mind better bots. There isn't any serious reason why they couldn't get better. More fun with offline play.

They're kind of useless for people who are used to online game and who never played against bots. But for example the zombies vs ruger/barrett.

I mean, when the Enesce or MM would be too bored and had a lot of free time they could spend some time for this. But bug fixin' is more important than this I have to agree.

So the question is WHY NOT ?

F12

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2009, 06:24:10 pm »
Bots are there to add to the fun or especially, to test certain things ingame. If I had to set up a server and wait for someone to come round, I'd have to wait for a very long time before I can test my stuff and make improvements.

The current AI is fine, seeing as how it can fulfill simple roles as zombies, though it can be improved. The AI seems to react to certain weapons in a very awkward/undesirable manner - it would crouch and stay relatively still when it sees you with Fists, a Saw, Ruger or Barrett. It would also attack ANYONE, including teammates, who have a bow. It attempts to run away from grenades rather than try jumping over them. When they have the flag, they do not shoot unless they meet another flagger. If the bot is given low accuracy in its settings, it aims above you all the time - which is actually a lot more accurate if you are trying to fly over him.

Bots are secondary to other issues in Soldat, so I won't be surprised to know that it won't be changed for a long time. But if there is enough time etc, why not? Even better if there's an option to set the intelligence level of the bots, so that it may act like the way it is now except that it charges in fearlessly (better for zombies) or as a formidable test bot or a boss character in some servers.

Soldat emphasizes on PvP, but bots have proven to be very convenient for testing and add-ons to scripted servers, as well as being a part of very popular zombie servers.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 06:26:53 pm by STM1993 »

Offline LORD KILLA

• Camper
  • Happie
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2009, 03:30:16 pm »
I play with HUUUMANS, i am not stupid!
But at testing, they could be needed, if you say "Hey, Stop shooting me!" it will stop, or give you a reason why he was/is still doing that...
You can make them to ADMINS, they can wath your servers, ALL TIME, or a database for translation, you can ask him for something, and he says this to you translated
I think there are more reasons why bots should be inplemendet

Every server should have a bot, with is the server itself, it can say the script error, what to do to fix it, or what the hell i know...

Offline Ketchup

• Major(1)
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2009, 10:54:05 pm »

I say thinking bots would be cool for custom made campaign maps.
-[DO] Lt. Ketchup =S=

Offline Shadow_Knight

• Major
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2009, 05:21:10 am »
I play with humans but sometimes i find no challenge in playing agains't them or no fun. Sometimes it just gets more interesting against the bots. Why not AI bots? i say F12

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2009, 12:22:54 pm »
Quote from: Shadow_Knight
but sometimes i find no challenge in playing agains't them[humans] or no fun.
then go for a walk, take a lil bath, go take some sleep then return back, launch Soldat and tell me about The Fun...

But at testing, they could be needed, if you say "Hey, Stop shooting me!" it will stop, or give you a reason why he was/is still doing that...
You can make them to ADMINS, they can wath your servers, ALL TIME, or a database for translation, you can ask him for something, and he says this to you translated

Every server should have a bot, with is the server itself, it can say the script error, what to do to fix it
ZOMG dreams dreams dreams...

The current AI is fine, seeing as how it can fulfill simple roles as zombies, though it can be improved. The AI seems to react to certain weapons in a very awkward/undesirable manner - it would crouch and stay relatively still when it sees you with Fists, a Saw, Ruger or Barrett. It would also attack ANYONE, including teammates, who have a bow. It attempts to run away from grenades rather than try jumping over them. When they have the flag, they do not shoot unless they meet another flagger. If the bot is given low accuracy in its settings, it aims above you all the time - which is actually a lot more accurate if you are trying to fly over him.
everything is easy and understandable...

F12
f**k, man, you are right but you can say it in ANY suggestion thread...
"oh wait why not? f12!"

i meant FOR WHAT do we need Perfect Living AI in Soldat?! we have massive multiplayer with a lot of active addicts....

but i want to say BUT =)))
oh THIS is the perfect idea! full working singleplayer(i mean campaigns)! yeah here we need at least Good "thinking bots"... oh we dont have campaigns? :| good infiltration match with bots =/= full working singleplayer!
sry i just want to open your eyes, Dairy, we dont have normal singleplayer where Brilliant bots can show themselfs :( in offline DM matches? oh youre kidding...

my suggestion: make a singleplayer campaigns! show me them!

and i can answer your question: WHY NOT? bcause we dont have  singleplayer...

ps:
LOL
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:01:07 am by Ragnaros »

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2009, 01:29:40 pm »
but sometimes i find no challenge in playing agains't them[humans] or no fun.
then go for a walk, take a lil bath, go take some sleep then return back, launch Soldat and tell me about The Fun...
This has no real argument to it, he gave a reason why he wanted this, and you came up with some fallacy to try to disprove him in a humorous way...

Every server should have a bot, with is the server itself, it can say the script error, what to do to fix it
ZOMG dreams dreams dreams...
This can easily be done. I can make it check for strings of code like this.
BattleEye is a bot, isn't it? So yeah, that has been done.

Bots are secondary to other issues in Soldat, so I won't be surprised to know that it won't be changed for a long time. But if there is enough time etc, why not? Even better if there's an option to set the intelligence level of the bots, so that it may act like the way it is now except that it charges in fearlessly (better for zombies) or as a formidable test bot or a boss character in some servers.
everything is easy and understandable...
I could easily understand this... Get your eyes checked. And if you were serious, then you just defeated your own argument.

F12
f**k, man, you are right but you can say it in ANY suggestion thread...
"oh wait why not? f12!"

i meant FOR WHAT do we need Perfect Living AI in Soldat?! we have massive multiplayer with a lot of active addicts....

but i want to say BUT =)))
Not all people have internet, and some people lose internet after getting REALLY into the game, this isn't just about you, dumbass. I am tired of you thinking you own Soldat or that you actually have a real say in what goes into the game. Who said these need to be prefectly living bots, anyway? I am working on a smart AI that can make the gameplay a little better and more fun.

oh THIS is the perfect idea! full working singleplayer(i mean campaigns)! yeah here we need at least Good "thinking bots"... oh we dont have campaigns? :| good infiltration match with bots =/= full working singleplayer!
sry i just want to open your eyes, Dairy, we dont have normal singleplayer where Brilliant bots can show themselfs :( in offline DM matches? oh youre kidding...

my suggestion: make a singleplayer campaigns! show me them!

and i can answer your question: WHY NOT? bcause we dont have  singleplayer...

You did not open his eyes, you shot down what he thought would be cool in one of the most asshole ways possible. Try to get your head out of your ass and deflate your ego a little. A campaign would lengthen the gameplay for those who do not have online play or have nothing better to do. Just because you have a different view then someone else doesn't make you better and smarter because you have a quicker reason on why their opinion is wrong.
ps:
LOL

My add-ons are in BOLD.

Please, take other peoples' opinions into mind and stop thinking you are high and mighty.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2009, 01:50:56 pm »
Sorry demon but to heck...xxyhper is right...you basically made an ass of yourself...(excuse my french) cause soldat ISN'T centered about you most people just agreed and you came up to blow the whole idea away...and that was weak, why the f**k wouldn't you want this to be implemented anyways? what difference does it make to you? some people don't really have net so loading soldat on to a memory stick and playing campaign modes offline would be cool for those less fortunate people....use your head man.
b&

Offline Shadow_Knight

• Major
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2009, 06:04:58 am »
Demoniac is right. Are you again'st implementing it? You find it fun to play against humans? cool, me too (sometimes). Should i  be prived from playing against AI bots just because you don't find it interesting?
What if i want to play games with friends against bots? What if i'm at school and i don't have net? What if my net gets fucked up and i want to play? what if i want to have some mthrf*c*ig fun playing against AI bots?
Seriously man, does it bother you that much? if you don't like them, don't play with them!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 06:06:30 am by Shadow_Knight »

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2009, 08:12:11 am »
ouch, Xxypher... tnx for good brains-wash... Sure, sure...
that quote from STM... laughed when i saw what ive posted :-\ edited now (just missed while posting)

What if i'm at school and i don't have net? What if my net gets f**ked up and i want to play? what if i want to have some mthrf*c*ig fun playing against AI bots?
hmmm have to agree but AI level today is good enough for it (like STM said)

I will surely vote F12 for any little improvements (genious AI for Soldat? god No!) for bots... but we are talking about almost perfect AI.... i vote F11.

btw Xxypher, plz, take other peoples' opinions into mind (including mine) and stop thinking you are high and mighty...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:25:52 am by Ragnaros »

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2009, 10:04:44 am »
That is what I said to you.
Plus, I am the one programming this AI.

Offline Shadow_Knight

• Major
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2009, 08:47:15 am »
Well, then you can level them as in difficulty categories right? If so, the problem with 2 much or 2 less intelligence is solved, we get to choose.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2009, 09:41:41 am »
I can easily do that. It can go from categories of intelligence.

Zombie
Stupid
Good
Smart
Genius
Tactical

Something like that.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2009, 09:50:59 am »
Please look up the definition of tactical. Just because it sounds cool to you doesn't mean it means what you want it to mean.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2009, 10:28:58 am »
So what, I was giving an example. I couldn't think of anything. All I am trying to state is that I can make different levels of AI.