Poll

What do you think?

YES
Yes but optional
NO

Author Topic: weapon meny autopick  (Read 1068 times)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
weapon meny autopick
« on: February 24, 2009, 02:08:31 pm »
I suggest that the weapon you had before you died is automaticly the weapon you get next time you spawn, unless you press the weapon meny button.
Some may want to have it as it is, so maybe it should be optional somehow.
[Alphaguy]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:10:20 pm by homerofgods »

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Re: weapon meny autopick
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 02:19:45 pm »
just click anywhere outside the weapons tab and you will have the weps that you have choosen last time

allready exists (but in a different matter)
f9
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 05:33:50 pm »
Not only clicking outside the menu, but disabling/enabling the menu with Tab key.

Silly suggestion imo.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 05:46:22 pm »
So... this is tab? I'm a little confused I hope. If I'm reading this right tab does this, is this to disable tab?
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 05:49:06 pm »
im tired of it popping up every time.,  I don't got ''tab'' to weapon meny..  can tab make the meny popping up when u die?

let's say I play knife only,, it would be comfy to have it auto pick knife, and don't bother me with the meny
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 05:50:46 pm by homerofgods »

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 05:50:58 pm »
Well, it's a nice idea...

But I kinda like being able to immediately pick a different weapon after I die. For example, if I'm using the sniper rifle, and the spawn base gets swamped with OppFor when I respawn, I'd want to quickly pick the minigun rather than try to survive with the barrett.

What Revelations 6:8 SHOULD say: "And behold a pale horse, and his name who sat on him was Death... and all of the United States Marine Corps followed with him."

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 06:54:32 pm »
if it is optional ingame, you can choose.
for example write in cmd: /lockwep
/unlockwep

default can be normal, unlocked, so you don't forget about it in a cw.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:58:04 pm by homerofgods »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 11:59:06 pm »
Didn't know you could close the menu by just clicking anywhere. In that case this suggestion wouldnt improve much, but still, it's a bit annoying when the menu pops up every time you die. I'd rather see what's going on on the battlefield rather than get distracted by weapon menu. Would be nice to have it appear only if you press "weapon menu" button (otherwise this button is barely ever used anyway). I dont think it would be hard at all.
One problem though - if you spawn too quick, you wont have time to open up the menu.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 01:36:50 am »
and as loner said, it can be nasty cause it registers that also as "change spectating player" which is really annoying
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 01:56:29 am »
Look...

- if you click outside the menu you will keep your current weapons and kill the menu...
- if you press the number of the weapon you will select your primary and kill the menu...
- if you press tab [whilst you are dead] you will toggle the menu on/off. This means you will keep your last selected weapons and menu will not appear.

The game itself tells you about tab hiding/showing the weapons menu in the console.
Clicking outside the menu is something you should have learned by accident.

The system is straightforward, simple, and quick to use. If youre having trouble adapting to survive, it says more about your ability than the menu.

The only thing I dont like about it is that i must select a new secondary via physically clicking on it, as opposed to pressing a key.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 08:24:44 am »
MY bad!  I didn't know this, never occured to me.    Topic can be flushed down the toilet.

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 01:23:55 pm »
Secondary weapons should have shortcut keys too.

1234567890 for primary
shift+1234 for secondary

or something like that...

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline Shadow_Knight

• Major
  • ingame a.k.a Hitokiri Batoussai.
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 05:36:29 pm »
hiding it comes pretty handy for knifers

Have you epicly failed today?

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 08:56:19 pm »
Can't you guys press tab? When the weapon menu pops up during the respawn time, press tab. Then it'll say on the message board "Weapons Menu Disabled/Enabled."
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 09:27:34 pm »
they know now

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 10:08:30 pm »
Look...

- if you click outside the menu you will keep your current weapons and kill the menu...
- if you press the number of the weapon you will select your primary and kill the menu...
- if you press tab [whilst you are dead] you will toggle the menu on/off. This means you will keep your last selected weapons and menu will not appear.

The game itself tells you about tab hiding/showing the weapons menu in the console.
Clicking outside the menu is something you should have learned by accident.

The system is straightforward, simple, and quick to use. If youre having trouble adapting to survive, it says more about your ability than the menu.

The only thing I dont like about it is that i must select a new secondary via physically clicking on it, as opposed to pressing a key.

there you go, lad.
I fucking miss all you cunts!