Author Topic: Soldat ... pathetic author.  (Read 6976 times)

Offline ginn

• Camper
Re: Soldat ... pathetic author.
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 08:05:54 am »
the fucking resize and windowed options are in the config.exe.... there's no need to be looking around in the .ini files to find it.
setting resolution higher than *480 makes the game blury, resizing makes the game more crisp (originally crisp).
set "resizeinterface=1" to resize your interface, it has always looked better to use *480 resized than using a higher resolution.

you guys should grow up and try to do something on your own instead of running and asking for help as soon as you run into a problem. most things work the same, if you once figure out how to solve your problem then you'll be able to solve every problem.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 12:37:19 pm »
No it isn't. For a lot of people, looking through the files of any game isn't something that comes to mind emmidiately. And what good is this forum if you can't ask for help? I'll agree that this topic isn't exactly the "help-me" kind, but generally speaking people should feel welcome in that regard.
Well, there's a default selected option in Soldat's installer that opens Config.exe after installing... And yes, this forum is to help others with their bugs/troubles... It keeps living community a community that is strengly big :)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 05:08:14 pm »
Buying the game just to change resolution is extortion, I have never seen such a feature PURPOSELY made un-available to the community in any game.

Who's pathetic? You're pathetic. Read on if you have balls enough.

MM isn't some wealthy game developer working for Valve or EA or whoever; he's a single guy from Poland who probably lives off Ramen. He doesn't spend all day coding either. Have you seen his bicepts and his guitar? He lives a well rounded life full of working out, shredding black metal, going to bars, picking up chicks and so on.

If there's a reason for Soldat's lack of polish (pun not really intended), it's because it's a huge project that was simply too much for a single man to make appear perfect in the eyes of shitty gamers used to games that have great interfaces despite absolutely shitty gameplay.

MM was Soldat's sole developer from 2001'ish to like 2006. That's ~5 years of coding by a single guy. He had no devteam back then; just a team of mappers and weapon modders to provide insight and a beta team to find bugs before releases were released. Yes, ChrisGBK did contribute some, but not a significant amount, afaik.

When EnEsCe primarily took the helm, he concentrated less on fixing bugs but more on things that were more important to make Soldat comparable with other modern games, such as the script core. However, EnEsCe is honestly a bit of a mental case. He coded in a vacuum and liked doing so. Everything was according to his terms. MM let him be a tyrant because he just didn't have time for Soldat anymore, considering Crimson Glory (which became LD which probably became KAG)

Enter 2011. New dev team. The main goal is fixing bugs and adding long lost polish so shitty gamers like you can find Soldat more attractive.

Now your job is to:
 - Wait
 - Stop bitching
 - File correct bug reports - http://bugs.soldat.pl
There are other worlds than these

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 06:05:11 pm »
everyday for lols i smite you jrgp just to see how low your karma will go. today after reading what you just said i will now applaud you everyday. <3

Offline Snky

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 05:37:24 am »
i read on, i guess i do have balls, i am a game developer myself, and i would never charge anyone to change resolution, that is a feature of the operating system, graphics card and monitor, this feature is not something to make money off. end of.
the author does suck, i will be getting my point across to all that must know about possibly the first ever author to do such a thing.

right.
1. EA is a publisher, do you know the difference between a publisher and a game developer?
2. 'who probably lives off Ramen' okay after i read this i lost all faith in a mature reply, what are you 15? you even hit puberty yet?
3. you spelt biceps wrong, mate.
4. i haven't seen his guitar.................... 'OMG WOW *ORGASM* GUITAR NOM.' you are making an ass of yourself.
5. how do you know it was too much for him? it has been done by him.

you are trying to tell me how much effort he has put in coding this game, yes i can CLEARLY see that by playing it, but he has locked a feature that he hasn't personally implemented, this feature, like i said, is down to computer specifications, which today almost even old computers would be more than capable of running at native resolution. everything you said is basically irrelevant, my balls are extremely disappointed and clearly they have also wasted their time reading your post, and you should be too, you made no sense at all, you talk a lot of crap with no real evidence and i'm afraid i've never heard of anyone that can't spell bicep, go back to primary school!

now, i suggest you grow some balls, and some more knowledge. oh and obviously stop assuming silly things like 'probably eats ramen' because you are just showing everyone how incompetent you are.

thank you.

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 08:30:13 am »
no, I will still smite him just for lulz
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 11:54:57 am »
His point is right, resolution really shouldn't be a charged feature these days. 
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Kaze

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
  • Arc-En-CieL
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 06:19:23 am »
I wish moronic trolling teenagers weren't allowed access to forums. Anway... instead of insulting the creator of Soldat, you could have simply said:

"I disagree with the fact that you have to pay and register, just to be able to change the screen resolution! Perhaps I could suggest that it should be a universally free feature? Thank you for your time."

As jrgp said, MM is one man who put a hell of a lot of time into one game and should be commended for it, since the game is free. When you register you get some cosmetic perks, but either way, if you pay or not, you get a fun game that has had years of updates and bugfixes. I've never seen a multi-million dollar AAA company do that for any of their fans. Most Soldat players didn't register and MM hasn't made much from the game. He could have easily made it so that you absolutely had to register in order to play.

Unless you change your attitude, uninstall Soldat from your harddrive and don't post here again.

I kinda disagree with you , I know that being the creator of soldat , he already has an income with the reg keys , but disabling the resolution changing until you buy the game is actually dumb... As far as i know (i could be mistaken) ,Wasn't MM the one who gave up on soldat and started to make other games such as KAG but when the dev team became actually quite skilled and dependant and was about to release the 1.6.1 version he stepped in and modified some features to make them accessible only trough paying. I seriously call that bullshit , at least when you give up on a game ,i dont think why the money should be for you even though you made that game in the past , you gave up on it and the devs took care of it so i would agree if that money would be for the devs and not MM.

Also we are already paying for the reg keys whats the point of making the resolution related to paying , the amount of new players is gonna drop due to the low resolution quality besides didnt we start playing this pro game because it was free at the beggining , didnt we ?

Well i could be wrong about MM's involvement in the dev team during the entire stage of working on the release since we didnt hear any big involvement except for the end when they implemented the price and disabled some features.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 07:51:08 pm »
Me votes for resolution changing being free for all. MM's got "enough" money from KAG for the moment. That two Soldat registrations every second month are not really worth the shit.
Enable changing the screen resolution in the free version and announce it with the next version. May get us some more players (maybe not...).
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Ymies

• Major
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2011, 01:59:51 pm »
you don't buy soldat. you donata to support it because you like the game and get various miscellaneous little treats in return
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:03:26 pm by Ymies »

Offline panda_bear_smoking

• Major(1)
  • I'm thrilled to have made you cum -jrgp-
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 04:47:47 am »
I play on my 32 wide tv sceen just fine, i dont see blur but the tv does switch to 640x480 mode .  Lol who ever played soldat for the grahics anyways
°~°Discussion or mention of the anime/manga cartoon series, comics, books or anything at all related to Naruto, or further relating it in anyway with our admin Chakra is forbidden. On here or on soldat-related IRC channels.  in game name jebushunter 9yrs

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 12:46:56 pm »
Please people come down... There is no need to attack a new player like that.
And there is no need to attach the author of this game either.

Snky, if you don't want to pay for Soldat that's ok. Sometimes your expectations (resolution should be changeable) aren't true.
Attacking the Author of the game is not really the best way to get something changed. I honestly prefer more objective discussions.

I don't care if you people have balls or you are in the state of growing them or if you think other people should grow balls.
Honestly, you can grow balls on your forehead, i don't care ;)

Tip: Consider adding the suggestion to the Google moderator page. When it gets enough votes MM might see a reason to allow it for unregistered players with balls on their forehead ;>

I remember talking to MM about the resolution change and he said something like it should stay like that unless i find a new feature for the regged users as a replacement.

If you believe it or not *x480 windowed is still the best resolution you can play Soldat with (IMO).
The other resolutions are less polished (smaller UI, blurry gfx).

I think MM will give up the resolution restriction someday but don't think it will happen tomorrow.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline tk

• Soldier
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 02:23:18 pm »
The other resolutions are less polished (smaller UI, blurry gfx).
I'd consider smaller UI as a positive side, and blurred gfx can't be changed.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 12:48:24 pm »
I remember talking to MM about the resolution change and he said something like it should stay like that unless i find a new feature for the regged users as a replacement.
Mhm, what would it be... More things those can be changed in player's soldier! More cops, more t-shirts, new haircuts (and hairstyles)! :P

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2011, 03:35:27 pm »
Mhm, what would it be... More things those can be changed in player's soldier! More cops, more t-shirts, new haircuts (and hairstyles)! :P
You took that idea from KAG, didn't you :P?
Well I don't know it's actually such a great idea for Soldat.
Rules

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2011, 05:06:34 pm »
What are you talking about, of course it's a great idea. :D Soldiers already have quite a bit of personality thanks to the current choices of headgear, hairstyles and colors. It really brings some visual variety to the game and makes each soldier look at least a little bit different. But even with current options there's still a bit of repetition, so there's always room for more graphics.

A few more hairstyles and headgears would be a great addition, and I doubt it'd be hard to implement (probably just a matter of copy-pasting a few lines of code). New graphics can be taken from mods, many of which would fit vanilla soldat well.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2011, 05:27:44 pm »
Idk what's KAG... Evolution of game reminds about things those can be easy added. And those things can give a lot of fun with creating unique soldiers (take a look at Battlefield Heroes)...  :)

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2011, 09:13:11 pm »
What are you talking about, of course it's a great idea. :D Soldiers already have quite a bit of personality thanks to the current choices of headgear, hairstyles and colors. It really brings some visual variety to the game and makes each soldier look at least a little bit different. But even with current options there's still a bit of repetition, so there's always room for more graphics.

A few more hairstyles and headgears would be a great addition, and I doubt it'd be hard to implement (probably just a matter of copy-pasting a few lines of code). New graphics can be taken from mods, many of which would fit vanilla soldat well.
Aaaah don't tell me to copy paste code! Soldat has enough copy pasted code already (just kidding) ;) (srsly Soldats copy paste rate is incredible!)

Well we will see, maybe it's a good idea.
Meanwhile you can think about other features and ofc dream up new hairstyles which we could add. :P
Rules

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2011, 11:19:27 pm »
because paying 1 dollar is such a big deal