Author Topic: some art sheeza  (Read 239291 times)

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Re: some art sheeza
« Reply #860 on: May 09, 2010, 06:18:25 pm »
L[0ne]r
Horve = Vig. And how about you stop backseat modding.

Anyways, while I paint a lot I like snapping photos too. Snapping random shots is easy but getting a good photo is pretty damn hard, and I'm noob at it.
Most all of these pics have a much higher resolution so just ask if you really need to take a closer look.

All taken with my D90 with the kit 18-105 lens. The colors are raw, aside from cropping I don't do post processing.

This was taken with a battered old Canon Digital Elph.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 06:37:02 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #861 on: May 09, 2010, 06:27:58 pm »
L[0ne]r
Horve = Vig. And how about you stop backseat modding.
No need to get mad at me. I simply shared my thoughts, I didn't actually say what you must do. Sometimes you seem to use your imagination in a wrong way. :|

Anyway, really impressive photos especially with the fact that there's no post-processing. Whats your secret?

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #862 on: May 09, 2010, 06:33:20 pm »
I don't think I do anything special. Cameras these days handle exposure pretty well so I keep manual control over temperature to get the feeling I want and that's about it.
I'd say to take your camera everywhere and never think of anything as too boring.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 06:41:14 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #863 on: May 09, 2010, 06:50:02 pm »
I'd say to take your camera everywhere and never think of anything as too boring.
That I have absolutely no problem with. My main problem is the colors and contrast. Raw photos look very bad in my case. :/

Here are a few that aren't bad but that is after post-processing. I'm too lazy to search for the originals. :S

Close-ups:
http://static.diary.ru/userdir/5/1/6/9/51690/31034281.jpg
http://static.diary.ru/userdir/5/1/6/9/51690/31034279.jpg
http://static.diary.ru/userdir/5/1/6/9/51690/31034277.jpg
http://static.diary.ru/userdir/5/1/6/9/51690/31034275.jpg

Medium shots:
http://static.diary.ru/userdir/5/1/6/9/51690/19994499.jpg
http://static.diary.ru/userdir/5/1/6/9/51690/20247558.jpg
http://static.diary.ru/userdir/5/1/6/9/51690/31034241.jpg

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #864 on: May 09, 2010, 06:55:27 pm »
http://static.diary.ru/userdir/5/1/6/9/51690/20247558.jpg
Hope you don't align things dead center the next time an opportunity presents itself xD

The other two medium shots are a bit nondescript though. I liked your last two closeups more.

CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #865 on: May 09, 2010, 07:30:17 pm »
I've posted a few pictures I took and put them in the stickied Pictures thread, and they got lost somewhere in there. Anyway, it was pretty simple to just find the pictures in my image gallery.

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/07/35/23/img_0012.jpg
http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/07/35/23/img_0610.jpg

Teehee

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #866 on: May 09, 2010, 11:56:25 pm »
darDar
Nice photos, but here are a few things I personally didn't like:
1) Too much noise. If you have photoshop - try filters/noise/reduce noise. Also use blur tool on the sky because thats where the noise is most noticeable.
2) Not liking the tilt. 2nd photo is more or less OK, but the tilt of the horizon looks pretty bad on the 1st photo.

Also, post-processing means doing additional work on a photo (color correction and such). Personally I don't see much wrong with what you did, except maybe the boat is a little too glowy.

Espadon
I think it's about time Horve (and why vig?) received something more than a mere warning. He already got one not very long ago, and by the looks of it he's not quite satisfied.
#

yes i didnt put much time in editing the pictures to be honest, and i made  that on a really dark screen so when i saw the work on my normal screen it was kinda to bright.
i will remake those pictures.
i use PhotoLine
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #867 on: May 10, 2010, 12:57:45 am »
Not a fantastic camera = not a fantastic photo.  Pretty sunset though.

http://imgur.com/9wyCN.jpg
I think the main problem with the photo is that it doesn't quite follow the rule of thirds. Theres too much sky and too little silhouettes. But since they're almost pitch-black - you could just paint more of them yourself.

I needed to point it up to get the silhouettes, I could have messed around with the camera settings but I'm still not sure how to use them properly (like ISO and stuff). 

Also, if I was to get any kind of tree in the shot, I wanted it to be that gum tree.  I just think they look good against a sunset.  the other trees in my area do not.  And dont even get me started on those power lines >:(

Player since late 2007

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #868 on: May 10, 2010, 07:09:41 am »
Back in the old days.. <---
---> ..you werent even around.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #869 on: May 10, 2010, 07:50:18 am »
You silly, you don't need an account to watch a forum

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #870 on: May 10, 2010, 10:36:32 am »
Which means back in the old days it was such a nice place until you got old enough and created an account on these forums. Eh...

EDIT: At least for some. Personally I don't know what you did that made so many dislike you. Not active on the forums much lately.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:18:54 am by Laser Guy »
Text goes here...

DarkCrusade

« Reply #871 on: May 10, 2010, 10:50:55 am »
</3333

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #872 on: May 10, 2010, 11:24:20 am »
My parents want to buy me a camera for this summer and are willing to spend around $1000. Any propositions on what would be a good camera? If you want to see what kind of photography I'm into you can look at some pictures at my DeviantART profile which I haven't updated for quite some time.

PS Yeah, I know this might have fit more in the simple questions thread but since some started talking about cameras here...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:31:55 am by Laser Guy »
Text goes here...

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #873 on: May 10, 2010, 11:40:44 am »
*hops on photography bandwagon*
A cherry tree in my back yard :P
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #874 on: May 10, 2010, 12:08:14 pm »
My parents want to buy me a camera for this summer and are willing to spend around $1000. Any propositions on what would be a good camera? If you want to see what kind of photography I'm into you can look at some pictures at my DeviantART profile which I haven't updated for quite some time.

PS Yeah, I know this might have fit more in the simple questions thread but since some started talking about cameras here...

Cheap Nikons are molded to fit the hand better than the cheap Canons. Otherwise there isn't much of any difference. A Nikon D5000 has a gimmicky but cool swivel screen but the new Canon Rebel [550D in Europe I think] has improved video recording as far as I've heard.

I bought my D90 purely to take pictures but I've found the video recording to be really handy. If you want to really focus just on photography without distractions though, a cheap D40/60/3000 would be absolutely fine and you can spend the rest of the money on a good lens [which is what I should have done].
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:13:55 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #875 on: May 10, 2010, 12:44:14 pm »
EDIT: At least for some. Personally I don't know what you did that made so many dislike you. Not active on the forums much lately.
He's just being his old self, if somebody's changed it's them.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #876 on: May 10, 2010, 12:47:43 pm »
Smiluu you are so ridiculous. One day you will realise that your bashing/hating/penetrating is not considered as an act of "friendship"

And the joke to link to my profile is getting really old, like any other "joke" - if we may consider that has your sense of humor - of yours your gay neighboor

EDIT: Gizd deleted his last post, he was stating that pictures are better than photos.
You cannot say one kind of art is better than another without looking like an idiot. I'm just not good enough for photographing / my camera really sucks (Canon PowerShot A75).

I drawed this to keep my motivation to continue working on reviving (!KY) ZombieSurvival which was so much better than any other scripted gamemode I know so far. Drawn in an exercise book I use to write down my thoughts for scripting stuff. I get a scanner next days and will try to get some better quality. Well, here you go

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 01:35:46 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #877 on: May 10, 2010, 02:44:14 pm »
I don't think people should let their feelings about painting 'taking more effort than' photography get in the way of enjoying what is beautiful. Ex. if jrgp takes 5 hours more than me to draw an ugly chick, does that make his work necessarily 'better?'
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #878 on: May 10, 2010, 05:26:35 pm »
Well then we'll say it takes more skill, not more effort.  Put simply, photography is just about being in the right place at the right time.  The conditions that need to be met for a good picture (lighting, framing, focus, etc.) already exist, and the photographer has to find them.  With art, you have to create those conditions, which I'd argue takes more talent.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #879 on: May 10, 2010, 06:26:41 pm »
Well then we'll say it takes more skill, not more effort.  Put simply, photography is just about being in the right place at the right time.  The conditions that need to be met for a good picture (lighting, framing, focus, etc.) already exist, and the photographer has to find them.  With art, you have to create those conditions, which I'd argue takes more talent.
Well, look at it that way: finding the right place and time takes skill. Using conditions (even bad ones) to your advantage also takes skill.

It may be true that it's easier to create decent photos than decent paintings, but when it comes to making something really awesome - in both cases it comes down to pushing yourself to the limit.

-----------

Also, I finished my "where fairy lives" thingy. Though "finished" is not the right word because I've only finished about 50% of what I planned. Then I simply ran out of time and interest. I don't like working on the same thing for several days straight. So that's what I ended up with:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:28:25 pm by L[0ne]R »