Author Topic: Death Animations  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Kerrazyeye

• Soldier
Death Animations
« on: March 25, 2009, 07:00:50 pm »
How about a couple of new death animations including the standard gooey ravioli corpse. Something like:
 -if player is standing on poly and takes
     - 100%-115% damage, have them lump over all parts intact
     - 115%-140% damage, have em lose an arm or legs or something
     - etc,...
     - >200%, eyeball strewn paste

Oh yeah, I will cockslap you if I hear anything like "doesnt fit with soldat, too hard to code, makes soldat slower, etc" its just an idea, and I want REAL feedback.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
Re: Death Animations
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 07:06:18 pm »
That's a fantastic idea. I think they're planning to add it 4 YEARS AGO
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Kerrazyeye

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 08:30:37 pm »
Yeah but, I mean like having to soldats holding their guts in and stuff...

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 08:35:38 pm »
Unfortunately, that's something that not even multi-million-dollar budget games have managed to do right. Animations and ragdolls don't mix well.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 09:28:46 pm »
Too confusing.

"o...o! nd... hes ded? I think?

o noes he was just pr0ning!!!"
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 12:22:34 am »
I think the new exploding head is enough, don't you think?

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 03:27:16 am »
^
Lol yeah, sometimes I think even that's a little extravagant
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 09:49:59 am »
Dont know if it should be exactly as suggested, but I'd like to see some kind of changes.
I played 0.9.4 Beta (the very first public release), and I found that deaths were a bit more convincing, while in current versions deaths dont look as good. I think it's because gravity isn't affecting dead bodies as much and they don't feel heavy enough.. also, because the body parts (still attached) are too small, too close to each other and always spin around, most of the time all you see is a bloody ball flying around. You'll barely see any kind of animation if it isnt changed.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 02:07:12 pm »
One single question:
When someone shoots you down with a gun do you blow up into pieces? (besides m79)
This question was rhetorical.
What I mean is that it's just ridiculous. Death animations are good the way it is now.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 02:09:33 pm by Wookash »
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 04:03:44 pm »
agreed, altho it would be funny if all limbs fell off when we died and/or fell 100ft to the floor, or even 50ft after death

then the limbs bounce all over the place, XD
check out my server! click here

If at first you don't succeed, Improvise! :D

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 01:40:36 pm »
It's good enough as it is now, no need to complicate things. Besides, Soldat uses ragdoll physics rather than actual animations, and as Frunk said, they don't mix well.

I think the new 1.5 headshot and the ability to mutilate bodies is enough, and the graphics of Soldat aren't that elaborate anyway.

Offline The Epic Guy

• Soldier
  • No more foreplay
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 03:20:27 pm »
Animations. No.

Boom Headshot. Yes.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 05:56:48 pm »
I like the ragdoll. Animations get old really really really really fast and it gets repetitive, ragdoll is always funny.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline KidEh

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 08:10:56 pm »
At the moment, its not so much ragdoll as it is ravioli paste as someone said above. I actually like when you lag out when you are shot and you just fall limp with some blood. You can actually see the limbs that way, and makes it much more comical. I know someones gonna say it doesn't fit soldat, and I half agree.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 11:23:05 pm »
Well, this should be added...although not quiet sure it will be any time soon. It would make the game look way cooler and bloodier!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 09:53:28 am »
To mix the two ideas, I'd like to see the soldaten get heavier so they don't fly around too much when dead. Other than that, I don't reallymind.

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 04:18:15 pm »
To mix the two ideas, I'd like to see the soldaten get heavier so they don't fly around too much when dead. Other than that, I don't reallymind.

but then theyd move slower, i agree with above, boom headshot would be cool but the ragdoll is funny

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 10:41:40 pm »
The boom headshot in 1.5 looks kind of odd... I was expecting more of a sudden vertical spout of blood, not a fountain of it coming in all directions. I hope that this headshot aspect gets rethinked.

And no, I do not like death animations. It would complicate things like said before, "Is he dead? Prone?" Also, ragdoll physics are funny, and they make the game have a unique feel. I love flying through the air, taking a couple AK shots to the chest, then back flipping limply through the air while my respawn timer counts down.

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 12:02:45 am »
The boom headshot in 1.5 looks kind of odd... I was expecting more of a sudden vertical spout of blood, not a fountain of it coming in all directions. I hope that this headshot aspect gets rethinked.

And no, I do not like death animations. It would complicate things like said before, "Is he dead? Prone?" Also, ragdoll physics are funny, and they make the game have a unique feel. I love flying through the air, taking a couple AK shots to the chest, then back flipping limply through the air while my respawn timer counts down.

meh i agree, i mean it cracks me up when i land all the way at the other side of the map when i was killed at my own base, XD

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 05:01:12 am »
I'd even say now it's not good 'cause when you die all parts of body dissattach so arms and legs spin around. It should be more solid (still spinning around but more solid).