Author Topic: limit maps to vote for  (Read 789 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
limit maps to vote for
« on: March 26, 2009, 12:21:03 pm »
this is probably a simple and most likely useful idea for hosts:
Limit which maps can be voted for.  If you want to host a strictly CTF server, then you can't vote for non-ctf maps.  Likewise, if you want to do only climbing or TW or something special, this could come handy.  Perhaps a separate .txt file containing allowed maps to vote for?
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
Re: limit maps to vote for
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 12:49:16 pm »
If you want to host a strictly CTF server, then just remove the non-ctf maps from the maps folder. Simple as.

I don't see the point of having a separate .txt with votable maps based on the problem you posed in your post.

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 01:28:36 pm »
This is a well discussed topic

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=31528.0

IMO The textfile approach would be a quick way to implement, but clumsy to use.

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 02:25:29 pm »
If you want to host a strictly CTF server, then just remove the non-ctf maps from the maps folder. Simple as.

I don't see the point of having a separate .txt with votable maps based on the problem you posed in your post.

but then you can't host different servers at the same time or if you host different kinds of servers at different times.  There should be a programming way rather than a "let me remove all the maps i don't want" to do this.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 03:50:07 pm »
i agree, quite often ppl try to vote on a map that isnt on my list, and wonder why it doesnt work, i think i know what zyxstand is getting at

in any game you can attempt a vote for any map in your computer, which is often not on the servers list

so, is there a way that soldat can be programmed to only show the maps that are on the servers list only when picking a map to vote?
check out my server! click here

If at first you don't succeed, Improvise! :D