Author Topic: What is your playing style?  (Read 43782 times)

Offline .Mike

• Major(1)
Re: What is your playing style?
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2009, 04:30:20 am »
Use an M79 on groups, finish them off with a grenade if necessary and roll behind cover and throw a grenade if being shot at with an auto.

Either that or barrett/Law, but either way works.

Offline Madow

• Major
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2009, 10:36:42 pm »
My style is more support and backup using mainly Steyr AUGs or FNs. If on the defensive, I use Rugers or Barrets. In Infiltration, I fufill those rolls finely and if in CTF, I try to step it up a notch.

I want to adapt a new style however, which I'm still working on.
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"

Offline Duke

• Major
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2009, 06:46:47 am »
Depends on how i feel. i will either rush or just float round the middle.

but i always use teh Degals or rugar + knife

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2009, 07:22:51 am »
@Gnoblar:

You see, this is why I hate soldat players' stereotype.

They think Barrett and M79 are fucking cheap. They only see the good side and not even consider the bad side.

Look man, I would love to spank you about your wrongs, but here's the explanation of why it is the real gun.

Barrett's good side, it has a long range attack that is fastest and strongest. And it could also scope, so they can be a little secured from sprayers.

Bad side? wtfbink, wtfstartup, and wtfmovementaccuracy. Seriously, those are the main factors why it's hard to control/tame Barrett.The automatics can take care of those with ease if they see the snipers in their screen; or might as well spray and pray.

Some players (like) me know how to control those above. This gives some pub players "hacker" and other bull shit namings. They think it's cheap to have a one shot long range killer that looks hella easy to control, but they just simply suck with it.

Also, think of a common sense, is there any, ANY fucking movie that you see a sniper going into front-line of the war like a fucking Rambo? I don't think so. They stay back and secure their team with their long range weapon.

THIS is why all the guns are real guns man. Even those one shots and Ruger piss you off, deal with it. Every gun has its big flaws.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2009, 08:23:23 am »
tehsnipah I can shoot people while I'm binked, with the Barret, moving people. It's a hard skill to master but it's a good one. I so far have 30% chances of working bink shots out, but my a friend of mine, a good soldat player, used to hit every single one his bink shots. (At his prime)
Nowadays he gets called "aimer noob" on pubs, while I get called "no-bink hax"

Gimme names!

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2009, 09:27:58 am »
tehsnipah I can shoot people while I'm binked, with the Barret, moving people. It's a hard skill to master but it's a good one. I so far have 30% chances of working bink shots out, but my a friend of mine, a good soldat player, used to hit every single one his bink shots. (At his prime)
Nowadays he gets called "aimer noob" on pubs, while I get called "no-bink hax"

Gimme names!

Not gonna name drop, stalker. Get a life.

Get a life? I'm not the one talking here how my hit percentage is about 30% if I'm binked, and that my friend has "mastered" and his hit% is oober 100!

I could say I'm 110% sure your friend would get poonted in even a gather, I suppose he's a lil better than an average public player.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2009, 09:44:16 am »
Run, Crouch, LAW, Run, DEagle, Nade, Nade, Run, DEagle, Nade, Die.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2009, 12:02:01 pm »
@Dusty: From your opinions on the gameplay I wouldn't even consider what you just said...He's too weak on English to play gathers, but I'd love to see you pick up your jaw after he's kicked your a in a 1on1, master. And having a good eye for percentages doesn't mean I got no life.

Gathers are not about english, and I'd love to see him playing. Also, I find counting how many times you hit someone much more no life -ish than asking the name of someone who's playing well.

Besides, I never said he hits 100% you blind f***. Learn to read.
-- but my a friend of mine, a good soldat player, used to hit every single one his bink shots.

You didn't? Well I suppose you misunderstood me, I meant when binked. I myself thought it was expressed clearly enough, but apparently I was wrong  :'(
+ If I really was blind, I couldn't be arguing here now could I? Get your facts straight plz!

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2009, 12:07:11 pm »
I obviously have the a true champion's playing style.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2009, 12:21:14 pm »
This is from a site called nonesensopedia, A Polish humour site that has articles about soldat, humorous articles ofc.
It has an article about how different types of players find their fun on a game:

#  Według gracza z SCTFL - Resp, wybiera Steyra/Desert Eagles/Rugera, rozwala caly klan z 1 ligi, koniec rundy. W następnej Resp, bierze Knife/Punch (pięści), wbiega w respa klanu z 1 ligi, zabija ich tracąc 10%hp, bo źle rzucił granatem.

Means that to a player from SCTFL (Like Jerich the almighty :D )
It's respawning, choosing a steyr\deagles\ruger, then destroying a whole clan of 1st grade players, end of round.
Next round he takes a knife\fists and runs into the respawn of the 1st grade clan, killing them all while only losing 10hp cause he threw a grenade badly.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 02:39:41 pm by demoniac93 »
b&

Offline ValiS

• Major
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2009, 01:06:56 pm »
+ If I really was blind, I couldn't be arguing here now could I? Get your facts straight plz!

For the sake of argument (which has nothing to do with me :))
I know a couple of blind persons, and actually they could read this forum. But... i cant imagine why they would read it, because they cant play soldat.

But when playing I try to be a team player, meaning that I change my play style all the time depending on the situation.
I eat EFCs for breakfast (with a lot of ketchup ...)

Offline Kirin

• Major(1)
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2009, 01:34:26 pm »
M79 noob. thats what i do best :)

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2009, 01:43:17 pm »
M79 noob. thats what i do best :)

Ahhh go away, SHOO! :P lol

I usually rush with the mp5, with socom as a secondary (Can't tell you how many times that lil bugger saved me :)).
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline AntiHero

• Camper
  • INF all the way!
    • TheAllStarsClan Site
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2009, 10:30:02 pm »
I rush into battle with my sniper and M72 LAW
Infiltration|Veterinarian

Offline Nitromatic

• Major(1)
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2009, 08:29:25 am »
Attack with cool incoming,and then get killed without cool incoming.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2009, 04:03:09 pm »
GO f**kING CRAZY AGGH RUN AT PPL JUMP OFF THINGS BACKFLIP . Possibly use everygun depending on the situation. Give me more time and I will have just about every gun under my power.  O and GO f**kING CRAZY

Is that a good style?

jerich ses: I obviously have the a true champion's playing style. 

I say you obviusly haz teh A tru champanons typun stylez. Plus I pwn hard so i would say the same about mine.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 04:06:33 pm by Shard »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2009, 01:48:04 pm »
My style is.. speed, agility, element of surprise.

I use those to:
~ ambush enemies from high above
~ get close enough to the enemy to ensure I won't miss
~ pass by the enemy so fast that he can barely hit me
~ do distractive maneuvres to make enemy waste ammo
~ throw nades really far
~ escape to safety fast

I use terrain, backflips and momentum to maximum advantage to get into the best position to defeat the enemy. For me it's crucial, since Aug (which i use the most) isn't very accurate and runs out of ammo super fast.

So my pattern usually is:
speed up - backflip and jet - ambush enemies, hopefully killing one or two with one clip and nades - keep moving to the closest cover with more nades and medkits while reloading.
-----------

But sometimes I'm keeping a lower profile (on big open maps or maps with low jet, or when I'm simply bored and decide to play in defence). I use longer range weapons (AK, Ruger, Barrett, Law) and shoot from one spot. When enemy gets close - I use nades to boost the enemy away and hope my agility saves my ass til I find some medkits and more nades.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 01:51:30 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline jg0204

• Major(1)
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2009, 01:48:26 pm »
LOL,just copied p0ppin style =P
---------------------------------------
In-game name: Night strategist / (clan name) strategist .

Offline GermanME

• Major(1)
    • The Woodland Project
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2009, 01:57:03 am »
Quote from: jg0204
hey guys,i started this tread to know more about playing styles,and to create my own one.
Depending on the Game mode and the ammount of players, it's either CHARGE! CHARGE! CHARGE! or hide, observe & kill.
The 1st option is good for CTF-Games in order to put some pressure on the enemy, the second one will work best in DM/TDM.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2009, 07:55:14 am »
I obviously have the a true champion's playing style.
oooh, so that's why you suck.