Author Topic: add a mini map in left down screen  (Read 1077 times)

Offline kniwtf

• Major(1)
add a mini map in left down screen
« on: June 22, 2009, 06:09:30 pm »
like a RTS game, there are always a mini map

if soldat also has it , it will be fun more

of course, the server's owner can close it in OPTION like the sniper line :)

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Re: add a mini map in left down screen
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 06:13:31 pm »
Already implemented. If you register Soldat and press F2, you'll get a minimap at the top of the screen.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 03:15:37 am »
It's not what you'd expect though, it doesn't show what's you'd think if you're an RTS fan, its very basic compared to that.

Offline Rook_PL

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 03:29:44 am »
@up:...but still, it's very useful.

Also there is something like Soldat Minimap Mover, so the map can be were you want - bottom left corner too.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 07:12:29 am »
The actual minimap that is in Soldat...is sort of useless. It doesn't really help only shows just a map which sort of gets in the way of gameplay.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 10:29:36 am »
The actual minimap that is in Soldat...is sort of useless. It doesn't really help only shows just a map which sort of gets in the way of gameplay.

You can move the minimap around the screen...And yes, it is useful when you spawn in a huge map you don't know your way around yet.
There are other worlds than these

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 01:33:11 pm »

You can move the minimap around the screen...And yes, it is useful when you spawn in a huge map you don't know your way around yet.

I never really used the minimap until I started playing the MMOD, on the minigun racing maps and such, it's also useful for huge climbing maps with multiple paths to the flag.
b&

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 02:01:34 pm »
*speechless* u.. useless?...  ;_;
I hope you are aware that you can see your teammates on it? Now this is very useful. I constantly watch the minimap to see where we have enough teammates and where we could use more people. Also, if I see a teammate disappear on minimap - that means there's enemy there and I go this way immediately. Not to mention how much it helps to learn new maps.
Names at the edges of the screen kinda help, but minimap is much more precise. And while you're spectating, usually you can see both teams on the minimap. Watching the whole battlefield is just as fun as a single spot with 2-3 players.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 08:05:37 pm »
I've only ever used it for climbing...its too much of a distraction. It's pretty pointless because you basically know where all your teammates are tho.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 12:22:22 am »
I agree with L[One]r.

The best way to use it IMO is to see where enemies are coming. If I'm around my base and I see my teammate on the top turn black, I know there must be an enemy coming that way, so I go kill it.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 12:29:25 am »
And in hide n seek you can see the movement of the other runners, which gives you big clues as to where the seeker is.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 02:36:32 pm »
you can see your teammates on it? Now this is very useful. I constantly watch the minimap to see where we have enough teammates and where we could use more people. Also, if I see a teammate disappear on minimap - that means there's enemy there and I go this way immediately. Not to mention how much it helps to learn new maps.
Names at the edges of the screen kinda help, but minimap is much more precise. And while you're spectating, usually you can see both teams on the minimap. Watching the whole battlefield is just as fun as a single spot with 2-3 players.

Says it all really...
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*