Author Topic: Ye Olde Fantasy Mod (Updated: 3rd Feb 2011)  (Read 50064 times)

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
Re: 2nd Mod Announcement 2 screenshots???
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2009, 09:26:10 pm »
Sigh.

Recently I've been very troubled with my social life, and I just felt like I was letting the community down by leaving it sitting on my PC. I have no inspiration to work on 2057AD, but I have lot's of inspiration to work on this new one. I don't really want to work on 2057AD anymore. I will finish it, but it will be a chore more than anything, I'm not ditching it. I spend a lot of time on this forum looking for a break from the world and I play a lot of Halo 3 and 360 as an escape. I hardly work on the mod(s). That will change soon as i am going to speak to a certain girl and hope for the best (become friends?). If that goes well, I'll be happy and inspired and I'll be working on BOTH mods.

This new mod is fun to work on, and I like the drawing style, and I CAN DO IT. I can't shade guns now make weapon-gfx's very well at all. I simply just like getting ideas out their and testing them. This is why I'm going to be a programmer and get someone else to do the visuals.

This new mod is a breath of fresh air for me and fun to make. There is a lot of anticipation for it already, and I'm working hard to get some feasible screens out there.

2057AD was started when I was a soldat-crazed little boy. It is now a lot bigger than I thought, and there are many eager fans who I've let down by releasing an unfinished mod. I feel bad about that, I'm sorry. I now hardly ever play soldat, so decided to make a mod that I would actually use to play soldat. Inspiration came from the zombie RPG server and Castle Crashers, and my cartoon thread in "The Lounge". At the moment I'm not a very happy chappy and I need bright and cheerful things in my life, not depressing cold 2057AD things. You wonder why it's so black and white?

This is a new start, inspired by a girl at school who I greatly admire (who will appear in the mod as an elven queen). She had cheered me up and shpwn the colour in my life and pulled me out of the cold greyness it once was.

2057AD is that greyness, this new one is the colour. Talk about putting your heart in a mod...

So I'll finish 2057AD, but I'm going to cheer up and bring this new mod with me.

The community really wants 2057AD, so I will finish it, but it's not exactly a happy mod is it?

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2009, 11:59:07 pm »
lolz soldat mods r srs biznes

Don't let people pressure you into thinking you're obligated to finish any mods. You're not being paid for this.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2009, 12:23:41 am »
It does'nt mean your asking alot of people's help that you AREN'T learning. Different people have different ways of learning.

Actually, the best way to learn isn't solo work, but group interaction. In group situations, your able to learn fast because one could ask their groupies things that one does'nt already know, at the same time, you can teach them things they don't get too.

So its actually a win-win situation AND you get to do things twice as fast. Take higher education for example, polytechnics and universities, being a lone wolf is suicide.

Well, yes doing a mod yourself has its advantages, you get to shape the mod entirely yourself, and can get full credit from that.. but after all thats done, what happens? Do another one again yourself? Isn't that boring? Even as a gostek modder I too get bored of doing the same thing every now and then. This is also probably why my gostek requests always take twice or even three times as long as i would normally plan.

So take this as an advice, whenever possible- ASK for help and you shall receive. Cutting out yourself from the outside world isn't the way to go.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 12:26:46 am by scout »

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2009, 03:02:47 am »
scout you rock.

ha. nice.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2009, 03:11:52 am »
Scout, maybe modding teams are not the best way to learn...

Gnoblar, if you have any problems on making it you know you have the community so post the problem and we will tell you what's wrong or how you can upgrade.

The maps are going to look like those screenshots? If it's going to be that 'massive' I would go for realistic things.
And btw... those features are the ones that you are specting to make... right? I say that because changes happenz

Maybe you could play a bit more with .ini, making from autos, semis, or other speciall things, there are not so much seen, so you can try and make a great mod

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2009, 04:33:14 am »
modding teams are not the best way to learn...

Maybe. You learn %90 of what you teach other people.

For this mod, the maps will be cartoony and awesome. I haven't set anything in stone other than that it's a fantasy cartoon mod.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2009, 08:13:00 am »
modding teams are not the best way to learn...
I thought you guys were modders to have fun? Or is this a job for you?

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2009, 08:31:49 am »
I do it to have fun. When I'm not having fun... I stop.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2009, 09:59:39 am »

I do it to have fun. When I'm not having fun... I stop.
Whatever I suppose different people find different things fun(personally I find a challenge fun even when it seems tedious)

Don't let people pressure you into thinking you're obligated to finish any mods. You're not being paid for this.
In a way he is obligated to finish it...Not that anyone can force him (or would force him) to finish it but the fact is that a Lot of people have put there time and work into this mod...so for him to just "give it up because its not fun anymore" is not really fair to those people....

In conclusion:Yes modding soldat is just for fun  but please keep in mind the fact that other people don't want a bunch of half finished mods...

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2009, 10:07:09 am »
Stop being silly. The next person to tell someone they're obligated to do something on the internet -- on a game forum of all things -- gets a warning; no arguments.

If you want to be srsly srs, keep it to yourself. When you force yourself on others, I'll force myself on you.

Now get this topic back on track or else we'll be seeing even more spankings.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2009, 12:55:33 pm »
Don't judge yourself your mods.

And yes I'm modding for fun niko, but I also want to make people happy and to stop looking how someones are just thinking that they are so pro giving tips that might fail.

Try a modding team and see it with your own eyes, unless you have a modder friend (not from the forums, I mean somene who you can meet) it will be hard.

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2009, 09:20:27 pm »
this thread's sounding like a debate of modding styles, more than an actual discussion, please ffs get back to the damned topic. Or dear me, the only other way to stop is to lock it

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2009, 10:12:36 pm »
Espadon is right.

Started the pirate ship map.

Awesome, enormously fun, and there's no scenery yet!!!

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
Re: Fantasy Mod (Nameless Currently).
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2009, 08:20:20 am »
Updated first post. Much neater and more profressional.

DarkCrusade

Re: Fantasy Mod ( Currently Nameless).
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2009, 09:46:39 am »
Without credits ;D Add catapults on the maps that boost nades and shoot them far away (they explode on touching polygons / corpses).

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2009, 03:37:20 pm »
Without credits ;D Add catapults on the maps that boost nades and shoot them far away (they explode on touching polygons / corpses).
get a modded M2, that will do the job.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2009, 01:12:26 am »
He wants the M2 to shoot boiling oil, so that won´t happen :(

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2009, 03:06:15 am »
Recently I've been very troubled with my social life.

Sounds vesty, but of course I'm a retard that's interested in things like this because I tend to deal with wary social situations like I'm juggling glass orbs. I tend to go out of my way to help someone feel normal if the opposite is true; so I'm fascinated by hearing stories of various social situations going awry :-X

Uh, yus.

Mod sounds purely entertaining and fascinating. I agree completely with the "Work on something whilst having fun, but stop if it becomes a chore" (directly referring to Soldat related things - some things in life will be a chore).

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2009, 05:24:22 am »
Don't we all BSB, don't we all.

EDIT:
The next person to tell someone they're obligated to do something on the internet -- on a game forum of all things -- gets a warning; no arguments.

Oh shut up, we don't have to be like you just because you're the admin.

EDIT 2: Hold on, i read that wrong. I though you meant I'm not obligated to tell people things, but you meant people aren't allowed to tell me I'm obligated.

My apologies. Sorry Espadon.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:12:01 pm by Gnoblar »

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2009, 07:38:43 am »
I would really love to know how this mod is coming along. It seems like this is gona be epic and I will love you forever when I can download it lol

On a side note I looked at my clock and it said 13.37