Author Topic: Ok so...  (Read 36018 times)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: Ok so...
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2009, 12:39:15 pm »
Anyway, I'm afraid of troyans and keyloggers - due to it I'm unistalling soldat.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline ValiS

• Major
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2009, 12:53:47 pm »
NOOOOO! Thats blasphemy! Uninstalling soldat in mean. Its really sad to see whats going on, no matter who´s right. On the other hand its good people take soldat so seriously, You obviously must love this game, I know I do. Althought the argument is more about servers than soldat.
Whoever is going to develop it, know that we love ya! But even if the development should stop, I think soldat would not die. Because its the best game ever.
I dont want to sound ignorant, because I have not yet payd for soldat (im planning to, have to get a credit card or find someone with one), but seems to me that until MM is getting payd for soldat (even though not much, i understand) he should take this kind of things more seriously..

I really hope this thing has a happy ending. And thanks to all who have contributed to this amazing game!
I eat EFCs for breakfast (with a lot of ketchup ...)

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2009, 01:24:38 pm »
Never liked Enesce from the very beginning. Arduous, cocky and short-tempered - thats what he is.
Tiny balls, big authority. "Michal gave his child to a devil."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:28:18 pm by smiluu »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2009, 01:26:52 pm »
Anyway, I'm afraid of troyans and keyloggers - due to it I'm unistalling soldat.
Want a batter idea? Install an antivirus and firewall.

On topic - I too have to say that I'm disappointed by MM's reply and aggree that soldat and its community needs someone else to watch over it, someone who cares.
I don't know whether this whole story is true or not. But if we can't trust NSC, perhaps we can trust the whole development team? That is if "development team" won't consist of just NSC alone.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2009, 01:33:09 pm »
Holy cow you people are talking like EnEsCe is our big father who watches over us and keeps us safe. He just develops the game and he's done a good job at that.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2009, 01:45:48 pm »
Never liked Enesce from the very beginning. Arduous, cocky and short-tempered - thats what he is.
Tiny balls, big authority. "Michal gave his child to a devil."

Didn't I say stupid crap like needless flaming would not be tolerated in this topic? 

Discuss, and save the trash talk for somewhere else.  User warned.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2009, 01:50:53 pm »
Alright can somebody summarize what Enesce had done?
Always remember the succubus...

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2009, 02:38:39 pm »
Alright can somebody summarize what Enesce had done?
Shortly said he deceived his server-clients.
And threatened people who were about to reveal this.

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2009, 03:16:14 pm »
I was in a NSC server just a few minutes ago with ping that ranged from as low as 133 to around 210. Most of the time it was around 183. That is highly inaccurate consider I have dial-up and my ping should be in the mid 200s. Has he really fixed it?

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2009, 03:22:51 pm »
MM is too careless -.-, I knew he would just go with a simple explination because he care more about his other games than soldat. it's not like I care alot about things I've done before.

no normal person would rage delete a topic completely if he knew there was something else causing it, and knowing he's not making a fraud. normal people reacts by researching and coming up with logical explinations instead of raging and threaten people.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2009, 03:28:13 pm »
@ Shinobi: it's pretty likely that he's fixed it, since most of the servers he rents are based in Texas.

Offline Grimbad

• Soldier
  • Kharn
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2009, 04:02:15 pm »
I was in a NSC server just a few minutes ago with ping that ranged from as low as 133 to around 210. Most of the time it was around 183. That is highly inaccurate consider I have dial-up and my ping should be in the mid 200s. Has he really fixed it?

In EC TW the pings today showed the all-time low for me. 16-33 most of the time, with spikes into 150-ish.

I have no idea what that would mean.
!@#$%

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2009, 04:26:40 pm »

The fix that EnEsCe applied doesn't take effect until a customer restarts his or her server, so it's possible that you were still playing on an affected server.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2009, 04:44:32 pm »
Want a batter idea? Install an antivirus and firewall.

I've already got both. What I meant is that if EnEsCe can't be trusted it means that his soldat releases can't be too. They can be some sort of viruses.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Dro

• Major(1)
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2009, 05:06:16 pm »
There's a big difference between editing ping output and making a full game a virus! It's highly improbably that Soldat or Dedicated server would contain any malware programs or parts of them. I can't believe that someone in EnEsCe's possition would do anything like that. When he told mafioza that Soldat 1.5 has DDos client in it, EnEsCe was probably only threatning him and it means that he lied, again.

They who have been using NSC's servers and paying for them are and also should be angry because it seems that he has fooled them. If the ping fraud was the only thing that happened, I can't be really angry because this issue has nothing to do with my soldat playing. I can only express my disapointment to NSC and hope that this issue will be solved in the best possible way for everybody, including him. After all he's still a human and we should treat him like one. I bet he's not feeling very well either at the moment...

What we need now is good explanation from NSC and perhaps some actions according to what have happened, then everything goes back to normal again.

I hope...
History is our future.

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2009, 05:31:50 pm »
ok enesce can be dealt with.
but MM's post really made me sad..
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline MadDog

• Major(1)
  • Niiiiiighhhht Proooowwwllaaa
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2009, 05:35:05 pm »
Okay...

I don't fully understand all the "ping" talk. I love soldat, but I'm not the kind who plays online...

So, someone like me, who doesn't understand the first thing about this, in Enesce's shoes when users start asking about the ping inconsistency:

"Oh. What are they talking about? Well let me go see.... Ah! it's a bug from over 3 years ago! Well, let me go find those users and explain to them that it's an old bug."

Rather than go insane with rage, IF he's telling the truth, why not do that? It does not seem logical. He executed actions that indicate a strong desire to erase evidence. He even deleted the evidence from the admin trash bin. If he wanted to stop people from attacking him, deleting the posts/threads would make sense. Then erasing them from the trash does not.

LASTLY, and heh heh, this is a real kicker. If-

IF Enesce realized that it was a bug from over 3 years ago... why not tell every other admin about it.... including MM. Now, THAT would be my #1 move, right there. WHY keep it a secret? Something to hide?

He knew people were getting suspicious. Why not clarify it with his fellow peers, instead of this deperate attempt to hide. It's like Nixon with the tapes. It's exactly like Nixon. That's his new name in my book, he's earned it.

Nixon did some great things for this country, but at the end of the day, he lied to the American people, was a fraud, swindler, and cheat. Nixon was no charismatic Kennedy, or Reagan. He was cold, mean, insulting, abusive. I can't believe the similarities between him and Enesce.

This is our Nixon, and our watergate.

Jules: "Describe what Marsellus Wallace- looks like!"
Brett: "What?"
Jules: Say "what" again! Say "WHAT" again! I dare you! I Double-Dare you motha-[******]! Say "what" one more god-d**n time!

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2009, 05:37:14 pm »
What we need now is good explanation from NSC and perhaps some actions according to what have happened, then everything goes back to normal again.
His explanation: http://enesce.com/272/soldat/statement-regarding-ping/

I just want this all to cool off, and to continue with our little Soldat lives. The sooner that happens, the sooner everybody can be happy again.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2009, 05:55:33 pm »
His explanation: http://enesce.com/272/soldat/statement-regarding-ping/

I just want this all to cool off, and to continue with our little Soldat lives. The sooner that happens, the sooner everybody can be happy again.

nah, more flame, so that MM really punishes enesce.

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2009, 06:01:50 pm »
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.