Author Topic: Ok so...  (Read 36013 times)

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: Ok so...
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2009, 06:03:55 pm »
"More flame" won't lead to punishment.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2009, 06:12:23 pm »
I just want this all to cool off, and to continue with our little Soldat lives. The sooner that happens, the sooner everybody can be happy again.
That means just closing your eyes on the case.
Some questions are still unanswered and not everyone believes that ping issue was an accident.
Neither NSC's explanation, nor MM's.. lack of explanation are gonna stop the flame completely (unless there is a more convincing explanation for NSC's actions), so there will always be people who will hold the grudge against him.

But what has to be said has already been said, and we probably won't know anything new. I guess it'll just stop at that.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 06:14:41 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Felix_k2

• Major
  • Australia!!!
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2009, 06:22:48 pm »
Enesce or however he decides to character his alias has always been shifty since his days as one of the worst hackers in australia, people don't change, and this entire auspicious event only pushes this point with a clarity of enormous magnitude.

Offline Ryukk

• Major(1)
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2009, 06:31:14 pm »
If I recall correctly, when the issue came up about allowing EnEsCe (the notorious soldat hacker) to join the dev team, well, I said it was a real bad idea. Too bad no one listens to me. I believe this was just the beginning, his true intent was to steal soldat from MM as I see it.

Also, if he was the only one who took time deving soldat, well now we know why, I personally wouldnt care if another version of soldat ever came out, hell id be happy if it was still 1.2
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 06:43:57 pm by Ryukk »
Signitures removed. Please read the damn rules. Theres a freakin' button for it at the top of the site. -Your local Admin.

Offline Jakious

• Soldier
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2009, 07:37:13 pm »
So, what do I do about the hundreds of rootkits on my computer?

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2009, 08:14:06 pm »
Want a batter idea? Install an antivirus and firewall.

I've already got both. What I meant is that if EnEsCe can't be trusted it means that his soldat releases can't be too. They can be some sort of viruses.
Don't be stupid. It was only one line of code in the development version of the server. It can't destroy your bloody computer.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2009, 09:24:28 pm »
I've never rented a server before.
But if the process involves giving out credit card info, I'd be keeping an eye on my bill.

I don't know NSC, but Soldat is probably his life.
And he is one unstable kitten.

Just a theory.

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2009, 09:31:17 pm »
I don't know NSC, but Soldat is probably his life.
And he is one unstable kitten.

The damage has been done, no need to kick him when he's down Fallen.  Not defending what he did or anything, but those kinds of comments are completely unnecessary :-\.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2009, 09:37:29 pm »
That wasn't my purpose.
Sure I don't like him, I never have, and I'll admit it's fun to flame him.

But if credit card numbers are involved, then I'd be cutting mine in half.

Cause his clearly the smartest and slyest person that's ever been involved with Soldat.

Maybe even more then MM.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2009, 11:38:45 pm »
Alright can somebody summarize what Enesce had done?

http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php?topic=14712.0

Thanks.

Ehm..that is quite low,(if it was true).

How much money can you make off server hosting anyways? I just fail to see the potential profit and incentive
Always remember the succubus...

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2009, 12:09:33 am »
To host 1 server (NOT game server, but a data server) hosts 99$ per month, and eC has 2 servers.
That is 198$ per month.
Just the US servers, add the euro servers also.

1 slot costs 2$ or 1.60$, also eC would need to host more than ~16 servers to actually get some money just from the american servers.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Rangedmage14

• Soldier
  • got water?
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2009, 12:12:13 am »
He knew people were getting suspicious. Why not clarify it with his fellow peers, instead of this deperate attempt to hide. It's like Nixon with the tapes. It's exactly like Nixon. That's his new name in my book, he's earned it.

Nixon did some great things for this country, but at the end of the day, he lied to the American people, was a fraud, swindler, and cheat. Nixon was no charismatic Kennedy, or Reagan. He was cold, mean, insulting, abusive. I can't believe the similarities between him and Enesce.

This is our Nixon, and our watergate.

Seriously, are you a history teacher?

and back to topic, I'm pretty sure he's not gunna use your credit card number fallen. if he wanted to go to jail, i think he'd go for something smarter. Thats the stupidest thing ive ever read..

Sure eC might've lied and scammed us, using an advantage that could have people advertise thier internation pings for him. even though he never advertised: LOWEST INTERNATIONAL PINGS or anything, people who played his servers did. I always heard u13 < eC. But eC didnt steal anyones credit card numbers, install viruses (we have a beta team, use your brain, the viruses would be noticed if all the beta team received a virus after a beta was released....) or install rootkits or DDoS or whatever they were so everyone needs to stop being so skeptical. Deving will be fine, chillll. I do want Ramirez or Shoozza developing too.

I believe in eC, i don't think he'll pull any stunts anymore since the spotlight is aimed directly at him. Everyone is watching his movements, he recieved a slap on a wrist. that should be good enough, MM excused this, but he won't forget.

As for the descisions, the descision has been made. MM doesn't care about Soldat or any scams at all, he just cares about new versions of soldat... I'd say have FLAB in charge of Soldat unless MM starts caring about us again.

$10 bucks wasted on green jets......
Respect All
Fear None

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2009, 01:32:32 am »
(we have a beta team, use your brain, the viruses would be noticed if all the beta team received a virus after a beta was released....)
I don't think the beta team actually does anything anymore. But that doesn't matter, because I think that NSC actually does care about soldat. He made a stupid err in how he handled this issue which he admits, that's it. He's not going to blow off the years he's spent on this game by putting viruses and whatnots on our computers.

Though xurich brought up a good point a while ago in that it's questionable whether he should be using dev servers for his rentals.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2009, 03:42:26 am »
Well, if he is going to rent dev servers, he should point it out OR give the choice to the customers to choose which type of server they want.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2009, 03:53:30 am »
Maybe I'll side with Enesce just a bit..
People claims that he made a crime, this makes me wonder..
Which is worse:

Selling servers with fallacious information.
or.. Downloading/Sharing illegally movies and games?

In both cases one side benefits more than another side should.
Only this time YOU were scammed.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 03:55:21 am by smiluu »

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2009, 04:21:07 am »
Way to post something completely irrelevant.

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline MetsuriTossavainen

• Camper
  • The Chainsaw Wizard
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2009, 05:12:59 am »
It is not fair to U13 and Selfkill that NSC uses more advanced technology in his servers which isn't yet available for public use.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2009, 05:13:51 am »
One must wonder how many games are out there in which the dedicated fanbase clashes with the developers.

The fact that the main coders aren't actively involved in the main community, only through a server rental service probably predestined an affair of this sort. The only question was when it would happen.

This is a kids community, and the main whiz behind the scenes is a kid. He may code like no other son of a bitch wide on the land, but his handling of 'public relations' shows that it's just a fellow with way too much power in his hands to handle. That, and there's money in server renting.

MM's point, that in the end it's the game which matters may be true - but there is a demographic shift in soldat. The old dedicated people who run the community are growing more and more disinterested, and are more or less without backup: and you may have a good game, but without any bottom-to-top organised things behind it, it'll only grow to be forgotten.

Especially if the terms 'rip off' or 'power abuse' come into play.

gg.

Offline Vv00t-SN

• Camper
  • I aim to please!
    • fuck you skoskav & everyone else fucking with my profile all the time.
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2009, 07:29:37 am »

the main whiz behind the scenes is a kid. He may code like no other son of a b***h wide on the land, but his handling of 'public relations' shows that it's just a fellow with way too much power in his hands to handle. That, and there's money in server renting.

..Which is exactly whe he must be axxed, and fast.
After having been shown the true scale of disdain the community obviously has for him (as evidenced by the fact that people didnt need a whole lot of convincing to accept his guilt), I expect he will try to pull some more stunts if left in place, and they wont be as harmless as faking a few numbers.

Now, granted, that may just be speculation, but is it really something any of us want to risk?

either this kid has a lightbulb up his butt, or his colon has a great idea.
Soldat Quote DB: http://qdb.soldatgather.com/

Offline Zischer

• Major(1)
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2009, 07:32:34 am »

This is our Nixon, and our watergate.

<3 I kinda love your posts xD

---

well, I think as far as this discussion does not stop, there is perhaps a chance that something may change.
YES WE CAN!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 07:41:22 am by Zischer »