Author Topic: Ok so...  (Read 36006 times)

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Re: Ok so...
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2009, 07:06:32 am »
I mentioned it a few posts before the dev version server stuff.

Well, i think that eC should think about getting someone to do a PR job

Also, lets get all the gamedev teams to resign their jobs as they had bugs in their games.
That code in the server was a bug.

Iincluding in that, i dont think eC is a human, i think he is a space lizard who will enslave the whole human population on Earth.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2009, 01:18:11 pm »
Not that I support NSC, but to those of you saying he sucks as a coder, please dont forget that
he made exploding heads, action snap, lobby chat, fixed such annoying bugs as weapon drop, added cap count and other. Even though not all features turned out great, new version of Soldat turned out a bit better.

though again.. it's not just about coding

Offline Devastated Mind

• Major(1)
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2009, 02:32:15 pm »
Yeah, sure. And also remember that half the features he made dont work, quite some of them for everyone (easily detectable). TS integration, action snap with higher resolutions, ingame clock.

I cannot recall MM to ever have added features that didnt work. Next versions should be plain bug fixing, patches, rather than updates.

Offline Snipufin

• Camper
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2009, 03:03:34 pm »
Not to forget teammate binking.
Name:     Snipufin
Position:    Soldier

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #184 on: July 05, 2009, 03:59:01 pm »
It does work as it is supposed to. Get over it already loled

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2009, 04:07:47 pm »
Well, i think that eC should think about getting someone to do a PR job

what is this bullshit with "bad PR"

what he did is completely unacceptable, public relations have nothing to do with it. Maybe you meant MM...
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #186 on: July 05, 2009, 04:23:52 pm »
Public relations are the things such as deleting the original thread and banning users unjustly... So, yeah, I think PR has something to do with it.

Shoozza: Why you deleted the threads and banned people continuesely which looked like censorship?
EnEsCe: I was acting in blind rage, and yes I know it was wrong. I would never have done it normally, I can’t remember what exactly was going through my mind at the time. I most likely thought it would stop people harassing me on IRC; and people I trusted echoing confidential conversations etc, I also felt the other admins were all against me already. I acknowledge that it was stupid and I abused my admin privileges by doing so. Fair enough. I would have liked to read it all eventually. I apologize to the other forum admins for the trouble I caused, they did the right thing.

Why were you in a blind rage when no one, besides one guy, if I recall correctly, who was out of line, was provoking you, but rather were asking legitimate questions? Furthermore, people harassing you on IRC is easily fixed by the ignore function. I honestly can't see why you would think the admins were out to get you, as well.

Has this question gotten answered yet? If it has, I missed it. ;(

I still don't think I've received a decent answer to this question. Saying eC might have "had a bad day" or was just "in a bad mood" or something is complete and utter bullshit. Using an excuse like that is opening the door for anyone to use it in the future for anything they do, and if we accept an idiotic excuse like that from eC, we'll also have to accept it from people in the future. That's a horrible precedent to set, especially considering it is a really stupid excuse for his completely unnecessary "blind rage."

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #187 on: July 05, 2009, 04:43:46 pm »
Public relations are the things such as deleting the original thread and banning users unjustly... So, yeah, I think PR has something to do with it.

what he did was against the rules and administrative common sense. Screw the public relations, he just can;t do such things, it's not his toy for gods sake
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #188 on: July 05, 2009, 05:54:54 pm »
If he isnt a toy, then he might be a space lizard who will enslave the whole human population on Earth.

For those who dont understand sarcasm:
Enesce is a human person.
Shit happens.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #189 on: July 05, 2009, 06:14:40 pm »
If he isnt a toy, then he might be a space lizard who will enslave the whole human population on Earth.

For those who dont understand sarcasm:
Enesce is a human person.
s**t happens.

he just doesn't seem to fit his position, it's not like he screwed something up, he just is like this.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline Rangedmage14

• Soldier
  • got water?
« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2009, 09:02:44 pm »
I think you all need to know that he is a HUMAN BEING with EMOTIONS.  Which one of you have never had a bad day?  Does anyone here have a direct tap on what was happening in EnEsCe's life the day this all went down?
Lewwy, don't be so ignorant, atleast read the first post, and count the number of pages in this thread (its about 6 inches down from the top of your monitor), and no one here posted 1 thing about a conspiracy. actually, i think you came in here acting like it was a consipiracy. You showed me that you think we joined together in a big lie to kick eC out of his spot as dev or server rental. you act as if you know what went down at his moms basement/his house (idk if you told us we live in our moms basement or if its him who lives with his mom) when this happened. You make it sound like he burst into tears and deleted the whole thing to make himself feel better. He's a grown maan and as a man, he shouldn't be emotional about the internet chats. Didn't you read MM's post? "BE A MAN." I don't think anyone was gunna bring up a lawsuit against him or anything close to that. If he lost deving powers? Why would he care, it'd be a break to move on in life and do bigger and better things.
No one would delete a whole thread just because people wanted an explanation for what happened. There was no one but Clawbug accusing him of scamming the community so don't say we all jumped to accusions. He also banned Farah for starting the topic, and don't say he had it coming, because if so, its mustve been the biggest coincidence of the 21st century. What about Grishnak, he banned Grish for posting a link to a topic on SCTFL. I checked the rules of soldatforums and he broke none of them.

So yeah, booyah.
Respect All
Fear None

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #191 on: July 05, 2009, 09:17:32 pm »
Not to forget teammate binking.
That was kept on purpose, and as NSC himself said, will stay that way. It has been discussed here: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=34855.0

Shinobars
No, as far as I know this question hasn't been answered and I've been wondering too. But NSC and MM are being silent. Maybe they just dont care.

Offline lewwy

• Major(1)
« Reply #192 on: July 06, 2009, 03:56:28 am »
Well, I'd accuse you of being enesce, but I think enesce can at least count, or use his eyes.

First point: 9 pages. Not 14.

Second point: You clearly haven't even read the 9 pages, as if you had it would be quite clear to you that people are annoy enesce was using a dev server (abusing his position) that just happen to have code that reduced ping on his servers. The intention of the code is irrelevant; it was in his servers.

Third point: Enesce has been untrustworthy in the past, and has proven repeatedly that he has a very poor attitude towards other people online. I couldn't give a s**t about how he acts in real life, because that's not how I know him.

Finally: "accidentally leaves some debug code in, and gets roasted for it."
He actually was questioned about it first, at which point he had a rage, said that people were flat out lying, ignored all posts on the issue, deleted the thread from the forums and banned people several times. It was probably about then people started thinking there was something wrong.

I think I did somewhat miss the point actually.  But a lot of what I said still stands.  Basically its not up to you or anyone else to decide whether he's up for the job or not.  He knows delphi better than you do, so thats the qualification sussed out.  How many dev teams do you know where you can chat directly to the developer?

Is he good with PR?  Better question, can you make everyone happy?  If enesce turned up to your house with flowers and a box of chocalates begging you to forgive him, I'm pretty sure you'd turn him down anyway.  He screwed up, apoligized, and apparently thats not good enough for everyone.  What else do you want him to do? Step down as the dev?  Then soldat will be this version for the next 2 years till the project is disbanded.

As a coder, whenever something goes wrong, people instantly assume that its the coders fault.  99% of the time they are wrong, its because they're using the program wrong or hacking it up.  Its a safe assumption to make, but apparently not in this case.

And you're right, I didn't read 9 pages of kids shouting about this problem.  He did it, he stuffed up, annnnd now its time to move on.

You don't know what was going on in his life the day of this happening.  I'm not saying I do either, but I'm pretty sure that he might not have been able to deal with this as well as whatever else was going on.  Server hosting, dev for Soldat, and his personal life.  Thats quite a full time job.

EnEsCe volunteered to step down, MM said that wouldn't be necessary, so thats that.  Quit whinging and look forward to the next version of Soldat.

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #193 on: July 06, 2009, 04:36:42 am »
What else do you want him to do? Step down as the dev?  Then soldat will be this version for the next 2 years till the project is disbanded.

EnEsCe has done a lot of good things for Soldat during the time that he's been working on the game, but let's not pretend for even a moment that he's the only one capable of developing it. Suggesting that the project will crumble simply because EnEsCe is no longer a developer is simply daft.

Offline lewwy

• Major(1)
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2009, 05:07:55 am »
What else do you want him to do? Step down as the dev?  Then soldat will be this version for the next 2 years till the project is disbanded.

EnEsCe has done a lot of good things for Soldat during the time that he's been working on the game, but let's not pretend for even a moment that he's the only one capable of developing it. Suggesting that the project will crumble simply because EnEsCe is no longer a developer is simply daft.

Any project losing any developer will cause a significant holdup in the progress of that project.  You cant take what the current dev knows and super impose that onto a new dev.  It'd take ages for the new dev to get to the same stage that EnEsCe is at now.

Anyway I'm off to find a 10 page thread saying thanks to EnEsCe for all the great work and bugfixes that he's put into soldat.

Saddest thing is though, I won't find one.

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #195 on: July 06, 2009, 05:17:58 am »
That isn't at all what you previously said. You explicitly stated that the project would die without EnEsCe.

In any case, gratitude doesn't make 10 page threads—controversy does. It's sad, but that's probably how it's always going to be with almost any group of people.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #196 on: July 06, 2009, 05:28:58 am »
Anyway I'm off to find a 10 page thread saying thanks to EnEsCe for all the great work and bugfixes that he's put into soldat.

Find first a list of the things that eC did wrong that wasnt accidentaly.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #197 on: July 06, 2009, 05:32:44 am »

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=33758.0

anyway, people don't become developers to play heroes. If you lead something, you need to get satisfaction from it by yourself, because others apprectiate but don't usually express it. I always thought he's doing a good job on soldat, but it doesn't excuse his unacceptable actions. He should resign.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline lewwy

• Major(1)
« Reply #198 on: July 06, 2009, 06:53:23 am »

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=33758.0

anyway, people don't become developers to play heroes. If you lead something, you need to get satisfaction from it by yourself, because others apprectiate but don't usually express it. I always thought he's doing a good job on soldat, but it doesn't excuse his unacceptable actions. He should resign.

No, but people get their jobs to find satisfaction.  If when you throw a bit of a tanty people think that you should resign, then that would not give me satisfaction.

I have offered EnEsCe an alternative from Soldat coding, dephi/php coders are in high demand in the real world people.  He actually refused it saying that it wouldn't ring true on his conscience to do that.  He could easily fetch $30/hour in PHP coding alone, and yet he chooses not to.  He chooses to continue his coding for every single one of you.

And for everyone going OMG BUT IT RUNG TRUE TO BAN A BUNCH OF PEOPLE, grow up.  We all have bad days.  Saying a "bad day" excuse isn't good enough is stupid.  Nobodies perfect and you expect anyone to be you will be let down, plain and simple.

And yeah xurich, you're right.  Controversy does create bigger problems.  Thats because the moment something bad happens, all the scum come of the woodwork to jump on the bandwagon of "oh I never liked that guy...once a hacker always a hacker".  If you dont like him, stop playing the game.  Hes the one thats fixing the bugs.  I know my comment about the project failing without enesce was a bit forthcoming, but it would be dealt a serious blow.

Really, whats the better option here?  Accept the apology and get over it, or keep on about it until he resigns?

Seriously though, if its not figured out soon, its going to default to the former option.  Why?  The dude makes his bread and butter on server rentals, this much bad publicity and he'll lose that, forcing him to do other stuff.

P.S: eC stands for Enesce Corporation, aka server rental.  EnEsCe is....EnEsCe.  Try not to abbreviate EnEsCe to eC, because it can cause confusion.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #199 on: July 06, 2009, 06:59:33 am »
if his bad day results in banning inoccent people over soldat, he doesn't fit as an admin, simple.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead