Author Topic: Ok so...  (Read 36001 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: Ok so...
« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2009, 07:00:32 am »
I still do not understand his refusal to let others work with him in development instead of doing everything alone if he is really passionate about helping develop Soldat.

Plus, if what NSC said Shoozza did about threatening him was true, then shouldn't we treat NSC the same way as he did to Shoozza? NSC threatened us. One's standards will be used against himself.

*sigh*

Oh well, let's move on and play some Soldat. As long as the game survives and grows, it'd be all good. If it is dying, then let us enjoy the last of the game. I personally don't expect anything more. The only reason why we are so worked up is because Soldat is a good game, and we don't want to see it screw up and we want it to improve. This incident has undermined everyone's hopes.

I'm done here. In fact, I should be done with the internet for now, I've got more important stuff than to continue arguing. I just hope it won't happen again.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:59:49 am by STM1993 »

Offline MetsuriTossavainen

• Camper
  • The Chainsaw Wizard
« Reply #201 on: July 06, 2009, 08:47:44 am »
Enesce is best .. finally someone pwned this demented soldat community!
MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHHA
That is totally unnecessary garbage.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 08:52:56 am by MetsuriTossavainen »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2009, 08:53:01 am »
Enesce is best .. finally someone pwned this demented soldat community!
That is totally necessary garbage.
indeed, user warned / post deleted.
There are other worlds than these

Offline SOoly

• Major(1)
  • Yes,I`m
    • DarkTemplars
« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2009, 09:49:48 am »
Enesce is BAD .. pls someone kill this demented soldat playboy!
 [pigtail]
Yes,I`m

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2009, 10:07:25 am »
Enesce is BAD .. pls someone kill this demented soldat playboy!
 [pigtail]

User muted.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #205 on: July 06, 2009, 03:09:32 pm »
Thanks for your writing effort lewwy, you're expressing exactly what I'm thinking!
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #206 on: July 06, 2009, 03:15:36 pm »
The only thing I find passingly odd about this situation is if it was indeed unintentional, why would he rage that hard? Maybe I'm missing something.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #207 on: July 06, 2009, 04:07:41 pm »
The only thing I find passingly odd about this situation is if it was indeed unintentional, why would he rage that hard? Maybe I'm missing something.

Maybe he raged so hard in effort to combat the sudden huge bunch of people raging at him unexpectedly.

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #208 on: July 06, 2009, 04:23:39 pm »
Shoozza: Why you deleted the threads and banned people continuesely which looked like censorship?
EnEsCe: I was acting in blind rage, and yes I know it was wrong. I would never have done it normally, I can’t remember what exactly was going through my mind at the time. I most likely thought it would stop people harassing me on IRC; and people I trusted echoing confidential conversations etc, I also felt the other admins were all against me already. I acknowledge that it was stupid and I abused my admin privileges by doing so. Fair enough. I would have liked to read it all eventually. I apologize to the other forum admins for the trouble I caused, they did the right thing.

Why were you in a blind rage when no one, besides one guy, if I recall correctly, who was out of line, was provoking you, but rather were asking legitimate questions? Furthermore, people harassing you on IRC is easily fixed by the ignore function. I honestly can't see why you would think the admins were out to get you, as well.

Has this question gotten answered yet? If it has, I missed it. ;(

I still don't think I've received a decent answer to this question. Saying eC might have "had a bad day" or was just "in a bad mood" or something is complete and utter bulls**t. Using an excuse like that is opening the door for anyone to use it in the future for anything they do, and if we accept an idiotic excuse like that from eC, we'll also have to accept it from people in the future. That's a horrible precedent to set, especially considering it is a really stupid excuse for his completely unnecessary "blind rage."

No one, besides one dumbass who was out of line, was raging at NSC until after he mysteriously raged on the people who started the discussion. The second bolded portion still stands as true. If we accept that NSC did what he did because he had a hard, stressful day (poor baby, I hope you feel better! D: ) then we will have to accept that excuse from anyone who uses it in the future. And that particular excuse is a really easy one to use.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:25:24 pm by Shinobars »

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #209 on: July 06, 2009, 07:46:07 pm »

Maybe he raged so hard in effort to combat the sudden huge bunch of people raging at him unexpectedly.
I truly wish I could believe that, but simple rage does not explain deleting it from the admin trashcan.

*Edit*
Bah, arguing doesn't do a whole lot at this point. Its sad, but I hope it was just rage despite all this. I hope.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2009, 08:39:14 pm »
To be fair if you were in his situation and found something in the code that was giving your developmental server an advantage would you not also try and hide it? Intentional or not many people here do not trust Enesce and I'm sure they're very happy to say "I told you so". He had little room to breath here even with all the work he has done, I probably would have tried to hide it too and simply fixed it asap.

I don't know who's telling the truth here, and I honestly don't care much, but I do see a disturbing lack of interest by MM towards the whole thing.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2009, 09:34:21 pm »
No one, besides one dumbass who was out of line, was raging at NSC until after he mysteriously raged on the people who started the discussion.
Agreed, no one was raging at him. But he probably felt that people suggesting that he was lowering his pings intentionally (before realising/admitting that the line of code did actually exist) was the equivalent of an attack on him.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #212 on: July 06, 2009, 09:52:33 pm »
I don't know how a calm conversation in which people were merely pointing out facts and looking for an answer to the peculiarities could be viewed as an attack. If NSC had pointed out that there was some sort of code bug accidentally left in there at that early point of the conversation, I'm relatively certain everyone would have moved on by now.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #213 on: July 06, 2009, 10:59:24 pm »
I don't know how a calm conversation in which people were merely pointing out facts and looking for an answer to the peculiarities could be viewed as an attack. If NSC had pointed out that there was some sort of code bug accidentally left in there at that early point of the conversation, I'm relatively certain everyone would have moved on by now.

Believe it or not, but sometimes people do see things a completely different way. :S
Even I still don't entirely believe the story.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2009, 01:41:46 am »
If NSC had pointed out that there was some sort of code bug accidentally left in there at that early point of the conversation, I'm relatively certain everyone would have moved on by now.
I doubt that.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #215 on: July 07, 2009, 02:56:40 am »
Well, I'd accuse you of being enesce, but I think enesce can at least count, or use his eyes.

to me it could easily be enesce :)

Offline lewwy

• Major(1)
« Reply #216 on: July 07, 2009, 03:38:06 am »
I still do not understand his refusal to let others work with him in development instead of doing everything alone if he is really passionate about helping develop Soldat.

Plus, if what NSC said Shoozza did about threatening him was true, then shouldn't we treat NSC the same way as he did to Shoozza? NSC threatened us. One's standards will be used against himself.

*sigh*

Oh well, let's move on and play some Soldat. As long as the game survives and grows, it'd be all good. If it is dying, then let us enjoy the last of the game. I personally don't expect anything more. The only reason why we are so worked up is because Soldat is a good game, and we don't want to see it screw up and we want it to improve. This incident has undermined everyone's hopes.

I'm done here. In fact, I should be done with the internet for now, I've got more important stuff than to continue arguing. I just hope it won't happen again.

Its not really his call to let people help him dev with soldat.  Its not his code from the ground up, its MM's roots with EnEsCe's topsoil, if you get my gist.

If EnEsCe wants to open source it, then that would be seen as malicious. If MM wants to open source it, then that'd be wholly and solely up to him.  But thats not our choice, as already stated.

"if" what EnEsCe said against Shoozza is true.  I'm not casting doubt on anyone here or saying that Shoozza is a liar, but you can't win or lose battles over "if".

Biggles, I'm not EnEsCe.  Thats a factful statement, but frankly I have no idea how to prove it.  I talk a bit less fancy than him?  I can't front up with hard evidence that I'm not him, but I don't think I am ;)

Shinobars, people would have got on their high horse anyway, because everyone who would have been banned by EnEsCe would have immediately got on this because they had something to run with.  Finally a chance to take him down.  Falls into the same problem of "He's gone, now what".

Loner, it does sound far fetched in parts.  But its just rage combined with pride.  That can make quite a combination.

ElGato, its important to understand the chain of events.  He didn't find the code and then bust out his shiny new banhammer, it happened in reverse.  Its simply an easier, and more logical, line of reasoning to assume that a hacker is forcefully changing their pings then to view that your code (see: MM's code) is at fault.

SOoly, I think you're banned anyway, but you got on that bandwagon a little late, so next time time it better if you feel the need to troll.

Avarax, HOLY CRAP SOMEONES ON MY SIDE ;)

Anyway I think that this community is mending nicely.  Its a shame that I joined up on the "arse end" of it, so to speak.  I just felt that I needed to stand up for who I think is a great guy.

A short time from now, probs when EnEsCe thinks that this has died down appropriately, he'll probably post up on this forum.  I beg of everyone not to tear him down in flames, remember he is a human with pride.  Insulting him and making him mad will not help.

And for those disbelievers out there still, I guarantee that there is a happy ending to all of this and the friction in general.  There is a bit of a backstory, but its not up to me to divulge it to the Soldat community.

I'll probably catchya's when this place goes to hell next :)

-Lewwy

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #217 on: July 07, 2009, 02:32:29 pm »
Shinobars, people would have got on their high horse anyway, because everyone who would have been banned by EnEsCe would have immediately got on this because they had something to run with.  Finally a chance to take him down.  Falls into the same problem of "He's gone, now what".

I was saying that if NSC had not raged on the community, but had instead found what was causing the problem first and then posted his explanation that everyone would have moved on by now.

Offline iDos

• Major(1)
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2009, 12:56:49 pm »
*deleted image*

Have fun laughing ;)..

Mod edit: Please don't do that.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 06:54:44 pm by Twistkill »

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #219 on: July 08, 2009, 01:36:37 pm »
What are we supposed to laugh at...? Please do not be disrespectful.

In fact unless, there are still viable arguments/comments and things to discuss concerning the purpose of this thread, I think it ran its course.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet