Author Topic: ctf_Haul  (Read 4375 times)

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
ctf_Haul
« on: January 16, 2010, 01:45:49 pm »
Emogothgay themed infite jet map, enjoy.

EDIT: I'm aware it doesn't have waypoints, migth be quite pointless due the layout.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:37:44 pm by smiluu »

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
Re: ctf_Haul
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 01:57:00 pm »
Very nice well made map. Nice new kind of gameplay with infinite jets/open areas. I wish devs add this to default someday.

Just dislike those nazi/witch symbols.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 02:16:54 pm »
Pretty much what hazard summed up is what I think. If this should make it into default some day the symbols with a "bad meaning" should be removed. Other than that: Nice layout, nice theming.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 02:33:59 pm »
I wish you could add more contrast in this flag, to make more visible like this:

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 03:29:16 pm »
Pretty much what hazard summed up is what I think. If this should make it into default some day the symbols with a "bad meaning" should be removed. Other than that: Nice layout, nice theming.
I think this map breaks every limitations upstair people has set for upcoming defaults. The symbols with "bad meaning" are part of the theme.
Hatred, Mistreatment, violence and so on. If it makes you feel bad then I consider it as a succes.

I wish you could add more contrast in this flag, to make more visible like this:
-FAP-
To me they appear enough visible. Barely visible to be still somewhat standing beside the rest of the graphics.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 03:47:02 pm »
The symbols with "bad meaning" are part of the theme.
Hatred, Mistreatment, violence and so on. If it makes you feel bad then I consider it as a succes.

I hope you aren´t disappointed if I am not feeling a little bit bad about the symbols, but others will and that´s the point.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 04:20:34 pm »
Idk if you wanna this nice map as default in futures versions, if so, you must follow some specs like texture formats and stuff.

I am kinda fan of this map.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 04:02:41 am »
Yeap, waypoints would be pretty pointless...

Infinite jet is cool idea as biohazard said, map's layout seems also support that idea pretty well. I'd prefer more mixed in top/mid, but closed routes are okay. Also nice flag throw possibility. Long distance from routes to flag conserns me, it might make it easy for autos. Waiting for playtest.

About looks: Stunning dark map. I'm not really fan of either of textures, but cool usage in them. Yeah symbols should be deleted/changed.

Offline Mr. America

• Soldier
  • Watch out for the blablabla!
    • My arcor homepage. There are just my maps.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 01:57:31 pm »
I really like the infinite jet idea behind this map, layout is really suitable. Even more to my likings are the visuals, even tough I think that the symbols are kinda out of place. I don't really mind the swastika, but the other symbol, whose name I don't even know, just doesn't fit at all. It's crap in my opinion ( just visually, I don't even know the actual meaning behind it.) However, I don't really think that these symbols actually matter. The map has such a good (well in this case, maybe rigorous would fit better) atmosphere, why mounting it with acward and needless stuff? That's my opinion to that matter.

Besides that, why did you make the flags unpassable, they'd be neat places to get out of sight. And why did you make the framework in the bases with normal polys`? Only Player collides would make more sense, that was quite confusing while testing it a bit. Maybe you have a reason for these two but I just don't know why?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 02:54:43 pm »
Flag would drop with OPC polygons?

Won´t a FC "camp" below the base in the big fade?

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 04:30:27 pm »
Besides that, why did you make the flags unpassable, they'd be neat places to get out of sight. And why did you make the framework in the bases with normal polys`? Only Player collides would make more sense, that was quite confusing while testing it a bit. Maybe you have a reason for these two but I just don't know why?
Don't understand what you mean, you mean the bottom should be better without floors? Since it's infite jet map
there isn't any way to prevent people to fly outside the map unless you make a floor there. (or spawn teleport bug,
which can cause errors). If it was players colliding, people could camp down below and it would make the whole idea utterly pointless.

Simply to make them feel solid.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 06:12:45 pm »
you mean the bottom should be better without floors? Since it's infite jet map
there isn't any way to prevent people to fly outside the map unless you make a floor there. (or spawn teleport bug,
which can cause errors). If it was players colliding, people could camp down below and it would make the whole idea utterly pointless.
You could make an invisible killer-floor that is hidden behind a black fade scenery so that it doesn't look like dead bodies are just floating in the air. This map would look so much cooler if there was a dark abyss at the bottom instead of a plain boring floor.

The symbols look a bit out of place. This map has more of an industrial look, so all those occult elements don't look good there.

Also, does anyone know a server where I can get a chance to play this map? (gathers are kind of dead right now :/ )
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 07:33:26 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 07:31:19 pm »
Since the #soldat.mapping servers use 1.5.1 beta which is having radical issues with fps right now, the gather is off for now. I'll set map tomorrow into #soldat.gather.nordic maplist for test.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 07:33:17 pm »
The botton floor is perfect for flag throwing. And looks much more like a Futuristic Arena, where every1 flies and fight in a boxed space.
Just dislike the flag's contrast, cuz i use none filters, i barely notice any symbol there.
The nazi symbols is kinda insultive, could be replace with lots of others shits, like nuclear, biohazard, danger, whatever. The witch symbol just dont fit in the design, in my point of view.

About looks: Stunning dark map. I'm not really fan of either of textures...

The map is whole dark theme, but the background color is nice enough to contrast well with the default cursor, so it doesnt hurt the gameplay.

That said, the player got two options in basic gameplay, the faster rush on walkable ground, or the roaming/spray/flag-catch flying on open spaces, thats nice.

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 02:15:58 am »
You could make an invisible killer-floor that is hidden behind a black fade scenery so that it doesn't look like dead bodies are just floating in the air. This map would look so much cooler if there was a dark abyss at the bottom instead of a plain boring floor.
I came to the results where visible floor is the best choise. Flags will fall down there most of the time, because people definitely
won't be catching them all the time. To make it more interesting and thrilling I choosed deadly polygons. It's a basic multitask where you need to
slow down, watch out for enemies and watch out the floor. (Also look and catch the flag) People will play under the pressure
of negligence f**king your arsehole. EDIT* Reason for the boring visuals is my lack of creativity.
I didn't feel like filling the floor with unreasonable shit

And im determinded to keep the symbols as they are.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 09:42:01 am by smiluu »

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 10:38:30 am »
Playtested it, ended 1-1 and could have been 0-0 easily with autos & defending.

Routes are easily blocked, and you can't heal yourself anywhere since there are no medics. If you manage to play yourself through the route into open area, you still have huge way for flag under enemy fire, who are respawning all the time at top of you.

The flag throw tactic worked nicely. However in the end map was disappointment for me.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:43:26 am by Suowarrior »

Offline Mr. America

• Soldier
  • Watch out for the blablabla!
    • My arcor homepage. There are just my maps.
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 12:15:36 pm »
Look at the attachment. That's what I meant, sry if my English is a bit difficult to understand.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 01:54:36 pm »
Okay that makes sense now. Agree.