Author Topic: >>>Subvein<<<  (Read 7445 times)

Offline BLING

• Major(1)
>>>Subvein<<<
« on: July 04, 2009, 12:24:15 pm »
Dear Fellow Soldaters,

Download It! >>> http://subvein.net/ <<<
Play It!
Pwn It!

I am here today to not only recommend but personally implore you to try and play the new and recently released Subvein. This is an online game created and designed by a good friend of Pimpstar and myself, based in Sydney Australia. This is your chance to be at the very foundation of a new game and community, where your personal input can change any aspect of the game. Most of you know how hard it is to find cool casual games where you enjoy the rivalry and get caught up in the passion, Subvein is a game that does exactly that.

Subvein is a top down shooter where each player plays as a mutant, he has the opportunity to join the Scientists(Yellow), Rebels(Purple) or go solo as a Mercenary (Dark Red). The player earns money experience and reputation. Money is gained through killing, more through streaks and killing higher levelled players and also through missions which can be selected at the start of the map (Think BF2 style but with money instead of medals). Money allows the buying of weapons, and vehicles (in the soon to be released version 0.6). Experience is gained through killing pure and simple, the high level the opponent killed, the high experience gained. When a high level is reached, a skill point is given and the player is given more health. And finally reputation, this is mainly to do with the upcoming War Mode, which is set to revolutionise Subvein and make it something completely new. More information on Subvein and the plans for its development here: http://subvein.net/news/2009/05/subvein ... d/#more-26

In terms of game play think of GTA2, a game that was absolutely fantastic to lan play. Now imagine GTA2 with an evolved weapon and physics system that incorporates cursor aim and smooth strafe movement. The game also adds a whole new dimension by involving a levelling system that unlocks skills that evolve the game play strategy to all new heights. Weapon and skill combinations are endless and become even more crucial in team play, making this game not only rely on instinct and reflex but also the strategic foresight and brain power to know how to evolve your skill set in certain situations. When thinking of the skill set it is best to think of games like Deus Ex, as both active and passive skill can be acquired.

Subvein is a new and exciting game that I am positive a lot of you will enjoy. Try this game, and support this new game designer who has put a lot of time and effort into something which he hopes you will enjoy as much as he does.

Thanks for your time guys.

Please feel free to leave comments here if you have it or have tried it. And if you do like it, let people know, pass on the word.

>>> http://subvein.net/ <<<

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
Re: >>>Subvein<<<
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 01:14:32 pm »
Well it DOES look pretty cool, but I play Soldat for it's awesome acrobatic possibilities...they add a new dimension of skill to the game that a top down game never could...but like I said it DOES look pretty cool and impressive, but I'll stick to Soldat
"I gotta live like Jacob more holy less hip, by his grace Sho Baraka gone spit the real, been doing that Reach life before I got the deal, called to make mini-me's till the day that I die, so on my tombstone say, "he didn't die he multiplied"!"                                                  - Sho Baraka

Offline Godefroy

• Major
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 01:22:24 pm »
You know, you can always play both?  :o

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 02:12:33 pm »
Just tried the game out. First impressions: IT KICKS ASS. Think Crimsonland plus Counter Strike. Even in it's unfinished stage it's the best multiplayer top down shooter I've played.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 02:49:58 pm »
I might play it if you say it is as good as Crimsonland. <3
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 03:09:49 pm »
Looks awesome, sounds awesome, should be awesome when i try it.

EDIT- Tried it, its not awesome, its hilariously killer awesome XD
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 03:15:38 pm by scout »

Offline Godefroy

• Major
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 04:09:01 pm »
Damn, that is one addicting game.

Offline Grimbad

• Soldier
  • Kharn
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 04:17:06 pm »
I'll try it soon. Looks like a significant portion of fun.
!@#$%

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 04:25:44 pm »
Frunkamunch TK'd me in the butt with his shotty. I was Barney Blowhard.

It's really hard to play because my mouse lags when there's any action. Kinda fun though.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 06:34:02 pm »
for real! I want this in soldat!

Code: [Select]
[USP TACTICAL]
name=USP Tactical;
cost=1000;
bulletType=3;
shootStyle=0;
force=10;
damage=18;
damageRate=0;
damageDuration=0;
explodeRange=0;
shockTime=0;
chargeTime=0;
drawTime=200;
speed=60;
range=70;
pellets=1;
fragments = 0;
reload=1200;
rpm=550;
clipSize=12;
clips=10;
spread=2;
recoil=5;
bounces=0;
size=1;
zoom=100;

So much customization. Would make modders die of pleasure.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 07:07:56 pm »
Yeah....I played it and I have to say...

1) don't like the game play

2) don't like the stupid overhead view

3) the amount of points needed to buy weapons

4) over complicated gameplay considering its a slider

I mean it may just be me....but I think I'll stick with soldat....

Offline m00`

• Soldier
  • hai guys
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 07:19:25 pm »
the game will have vehicles similar to those in GTA2 at some point :D:D:D
cool

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 07:29:09 pm »
I've just been playing this for the past 15 minutes and it is very fun, even though it was only 1 on 1.

Godefroy was having a blast as well.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Godefroy

• Major
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 07:40:49 pm »
Bleed, bastard.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 07:48:51 pm »
I got pwnt.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 11:12:50 pm »
I saved up $40,000 and ended up equipping 2 enemies with needle guns, which were used to slaughter my team while they effortlessly made off with the flag 4 times in a row. I was not pleased.

-Also, the $4000 dollar LMG is always a good idea. Great power for how cheap it is.
-When you're starting out, the deagle can often trump the micro uzis that everyone else will be using.
-Avoid the shotgun unless firefights are taking place in open spaces, because it's a bitch to aim when you're circle strafing.
-My general strategy: Level up self heal until you're healing 50 every go, and then pack the rest of your points into gun skill. Then just spam heal in firefights while you ram a 100 shot clip down the collective ass of everyone in front of you.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 11:15:30 pm by Lord Frunkamunch »
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 11:59:07 pm »
Dang, that looks good!

I'll try it when I'm free...

EDIT:
I managed to play the game offline and online (I met a couple of people and Godefroy and played a match). It's pretty good and fun. A lil complicated since you need to use skills instead of just running and shooting, but overall fun. It's still a new game, so don't expect a lot of players.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 03:04:30 am by STM1993 »

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 12:19:40 am »
I see two servers with zero players.
Great.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 01:34:11 am »
Top down shooters give me headaches.. they're just so awkward

pretty decent game though, but I wouldn't mind some more interesting maps, less realism in the layouts please.

Player since late 2007

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 04:27:39 am »
awesome.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh