Author Topic: Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13  (Read 106479 times)

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
Re: Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.6
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2009, 10:34:12 pm »
I think it would be usefull, one would make poly, other colloring and scenery etc
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2009, 10:50:46 pm »
I think it would be usefull, one would make poly, other colloring and scenery etc
But it's a bad idea to work on shading and sceneries if polygons aren't finished, etc. And if they are finished - there already is a way to have others work on the same map:
You can import/export stuff, so for example when "main" mapper finishes the polygon part - he can send the polygon part to other people. One would work on sceneries, another one on waypoints, etc. Then they can export waypoints, sceneries and polys and merge them all into one thing. It's not hard at all, and coding a whole network system for polyworks won't really improve anything and isn't worth the time and effort. And like I said - more than one person working on a map at the same time is uncommon.

Also, when it comes to sceneries and shading - every mapper has his own artistic point of view and different understanding of what looks good or bad. Soldat map is something that should be done by one person, and only use more people for minor adjustments, testing and sometimes waypointing.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2009, 10:58:43 pm »
But it's a bad idea to work on shading and sceneries if polygons aren't finished, etc. And if they are finished - there already is a way to have others work on the same map:
You can import/export stuff, so for example when "main" mapper finishes the polygon part - he can send the polygon part to other people. One would work on sceneries, another one on waypoints, etc. Then they can export waypoints, sceneries and polys and merge them all into one thing. It's not hard at all, and coding a whole network system for polyworks won't really improve anything and isn't worth the time and effort. And like I said - more than one person working on a map at the same time is uncommon.

Also, when it comes to sceneries and shading - every mapper has his own artistic point of view and different understanding of what looks good or bad. Soldat map is something that should be done by one person, and only use more people for minor adjustments, testing and sometimes waypointing.

Again, that depends on cooperation, or if all else just plain screwing around.

Offline dominikkk26

• Camper
    • PMGsite
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2009, 10:03:54 am »
Option to earn some extra money so that you can choose a location and there will automatically divide the scenery. There will be automatically created a folder called maps of what you're doing.

Offline D4NG3R NL

• Soldier
  • You got Rickroll'd
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2010, 08:18:25 am »
Option to earn some extra money so that you can choose a location and there will automatically divide the scenery. There will be automatically created a folder called maps of what you're doing.

Wait...

What? o.O

"Option to earn some extra money" if your talking about RPG like games, thats scripted.. Not a feature of the map itself.
                  Forum Rules   -   Search

Offline Mr. America

• Soldier
  • Watch out for the blablabla!
    • My arcor homepage. There are just my maps.
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2010, 03:18:11 pm »
Some kind of bug solving: If you receive several errors after using the installer for vista versions, like errors reading the .ini or colors or whatever, try uninstall and reinstall. Don't know why, but it somehow fucked up something in my polyworks folder. Just to let you know... =)

Happy to be able to try out those fancy new polys  [retard]

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2010, 02:22:31 pm »
Polygon copying was easier before. Just select the s**t and paste with CTRL+V. It also placed the copied polygon(s) next to the last copy, which made grid-copypasting easier.

Now: Not only that you need to CTRL+C first, now you need to drag it from the original copy spot to the spot you want.
It would be okay if the copy would be always placed on the middle of the screen no matter where you are.

I still suggest you put it back like it was in earlier versions.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:38:41 pm by smiluu »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2010, 05:17:10 pm »
Polygon copying was easier before. Just select the s**t and paste with CTRL+V. It also placed the copied polygon(s) next to the last copy, which made grid-copypasting easier.

Now: Not only that you need to CTRL+C first, now you need to drag it from the original copy spot to the spot you want.
It would be okay if the copy would be always placed on the middle of the screen no matter where you are.

I still suggest you put it back like it was in earlier versions.

Uh, the main purpose of new way of copying is not to make it use more hotkeys - it is to allow copying objects from one map to another without using prefabs.
The old Ctrl+V wasn't actually copy/paste - it was dublicate. It just creates a copy of whatever you have selected, so if you select something different - you won't be able to paste what you had selected before.

Both copy/paste and dublicate are very useful, they just need some small changes in the way they work.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:41:51 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2010, 06:39:30 pm »
suggestion: separate default texture from the others
(like happens to the scenerys)

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2010, 11:40:07 am »
@smiluu: As I said in one of my previous posts I'm going to change how copy/paste/duplicate works into something similar to what you described. Right now though I'm kinda busy with school so it might take some time to finish.  ::)
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2010, 03:36:48 pm »
When I open the PW 1.5.0.6:

2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline D4NG3R NL

• Soldier
  • You got Rickroll'd
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2010, 04:24:34 pm »
When I open the PW 1.5.0.6:

DX is being a dick on your system.. Its Windows XP with the Zune theme eh?

Re-install DX and re-install Polyworks.. Should do the trick ;)

Forum Rules   -   Search

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
Re: Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.7
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2010, 06:31:41 pm »
New update - v1.5.0.7

Changes:
- added mouse position label in status bar
- fixed a small copy/paste bug
- added right click menu on selection tools
- changed keyboard shortcuts deselect (escape) and duplicate (ctrl+d)
- fixed the cutting of file names in recent files menu
- selecting a single collider now gets its radius
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2010, 10:20:30 pm »
good to see that this is still going

one day the online version will come out [retard]
other good thing about online version is that's eazyer to teach other mappers, or to show something that you liked/disliked in their maps. finally, gives you much more motivation knowing that there's other people working with you

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2010, 12:31:09 pm »
Thanks for the svn. I find that to be very e-hipster of you. All the cool kids use svn. And then all the "cool kids" are stupid and realize that it's.. uncompiled? ok, noob admital being made... Now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:33:12 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2010, 11:08:08 am »
Not sure if this has been suggested already, but I think it would be nice if PW can copy the scenery/texture files of the current map into a given location. Would be good instead of having to pick them out of the soldat folder :P

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2010, 02:07:33 pm »
Not sure if this has been suggested already, but I think it would be nice if PW can copy the scenery/texture files of the current map into a given location. Would be good instead of having to pick them out of the soldat folder :P
Yeah, it would be nice, but not high priority since there already is a decent app for that: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=8661.0

And this app, but I never tested it and it seems to be rather old: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=14081.0

Offline Swompie

• Camper
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2010, 02:15:16 pm »
Yeah, it would be nice, but not high priority since there already is a decent app for that: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=8661.0

And this app, but I never tested it and it seems to be rather old: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=14081.0
Oh, I remember that, once looked at the post, wasn't interesting in that time :P
Thx, gonna test that

Offline Mercury92

• Camper
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2010, 10:49:39 am »
I have one very annoying problem.
I have tried Installing version of PW and binary files version. Reinstalled couple times but still fails.
When I load map (A), then load another map (B) then I get Same Texture from map (A) and when saving it changes texture for map (B)

Fix?
[saw]  on 1.5.1

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2010, 11:08:36 am »
I have one very annoying problem.
I have tried Installing version of PW and binary files version. Reinstalled couple times but still fails.
When I load map (A), then load another map (B) then I get Same Texture from map (A) and when saving it changes texture for map (B)

Fix?

have you specified soldat dir under preferences?

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic