Author Topic: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?  (Read 111018 times)

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
Re: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2009, 02:24:49 pm »
Hey ... Why hasn't Soldat evolved from single developer to a team of developers yet?
Hey ... Why hasn't Soldat evolved from single developer to open source yet?
Fixed that for you.

Because that's how MM wants to keep it.
Well, that's dumb and worth questioning.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2009, 02:51:15 pm »
Isn't that the entire point of this thread, to question MM's decisions and actions?
There are other worlds than these

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2009, 04:54:06 pm »
You're saying that Soldat is dying because of the lack of major new features? New weapons, vehicles, and much more has been on the Do Not Suggest list for years before you even joined the community. Did people think Soldat was dying back then? No.

Saying Soldat is dying now is just a fad invented by depressants and emos.

To be honest I didn't see enough improvements / more features in soldat 1.5... animated .gifs and gravity was the best.
You didn't see....enough? Whether you like it or not, the Soldat devs do not exist to satisfy your definition of enough, which I bet consists of superfluous eye candy, gadgets, tanks, and much more I don't feel like imagining.

You totally disregard my post and only pick out the things you want. I said the main reason is THE PLAYERS. I just said I would have liked to see just a tiny bit more new features as a side note, not why soldat is dying. And no, I've been here long enough to know that vehicles / new weapons and all that crap will never be added, I ment other new and exciting things, mainly new scriptcore functions.

Isn't that the entire point of this thread, to question MM's decisions and actions?

Umm, no? It's debating if soldat is dying or not and if so, how to revive it.

Hey ... Why hasn't Soldat evolved from single developer to a team of developers yet?
Hey ... Why hasn't Soldat evolved from single developer to open source yet?
Fixed that for you.

Because that's how MM wants to keep it.

That's not for you to decide! It's MMs decision. I'm sure MM would have made it open source if enesce didn't come along, but since enesce is still working on it, there is no need to. MM has lost intrest in it, that doesn't mean enesce has, too. When there are no developers MM will surely make it open source after awhile so that it won't entirely die.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 04:56:46 pm by miketh2005 »
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2009, 07:49:10 pm »
Yes.

That's not for you to decide! It's MMs decision. I'm sure MM would have made it open source if enesce didn't come along, but since enesce is still working on it, there is no need to. MM has lost intrest in it, that doesn't mean enesce has, too. When there are no developers MM will surely make it open source after awhile so that it won't entirely die.
If people identify the game as dying, then of course there's a need; doubly so when the current developer is a friggen idiot.

Offline AntiHero

• Camper
  • INF all the way!
    • TheAllStarsClan Site
« Reply #204 on: August 19, 2009, 04:03:40 pm »
How about all of soldat forums people help out soldat by posting comments and advertising the game in forums :o?
Infiltration|Veterinarian

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #205 on: August 19, 2009, 07:36:23 pm »
That's called advertising and is generally frowned upon.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2009, 10:37:06 am »
Advertising itself isn't bad. It's the form of advertising that's called "spam" that is bad. But either way, I dont think Soldat needs any of that.
Soldat is already popular enough. Problem is in getting people to stay - there are many problems Soldat has that scare new players.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #207 on: August 20, 2009, 11:53:23 am »
How about all of soldat forums people help out soldat by posting comments and advertising the game in forums :o?
This.

HOWEVER IN CIVILIZED FASHION.

Make a thread and try to have discussion about the game. People's opinions, fav maps, whatever to make it NOT ONLY ADVERTISING. The immature spamming will just scare people. This same applies to real life. Don't tell people to play, don't preach about the stuff but instead mention it.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #208 on: August 20, 2009, 12:36:40 pm »
This.

Make a thread and try to have discussion about the game. People's opinions, fav maps, whatever to make it NOT ONLY ADVERTISING. The immature spamming will just scare people. This same applies to real life. Don't tell people to play, don't preach about the stuff but instead mention it.

Or we could just spam screenshots of VirtualTT's maps all over the internet. Surely that'll bring loads over.

edit: I might post screenshots as well as links to soldat.pl in 4chan's /b later today.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:48:03 pm by jrgp »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2009, 12:42:00 pm »
Or pay someone to review Soldat and rate it 11/10, without mentioning any of the bugs nor the developer.

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2009, 01:07:26 pm »
Public servers are dying. Join a clan or gather sometimes.

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2009, 09:17:43 pm »
When is the 'silly season' going to end?

Get us some real news.
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline Madow

• Major
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2009, 03:48:12 am »
Advertising itself isn't bad. It's the form of advertising that's called "spam" that is bad. But either way, I dont think Soldat needs any of that.
Soldat is already popular enough. Problem is in getting people to stay - there are many problems Soldat has that scare new players.

.. and specific weapons.
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"

Offline Kinky noob

• Camper
  • This is shugo he likes to eat his fingers!
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2009, 04:32:00 am »
This.

Or we could just spam screenshots of VirtualTT's maps all over the internet. Surely that'll bring loads over.

edit: I might post screenshots as well as links to soldat.pl in 4chan's /b later today.

If you do, I will personally kill you ;P

Offline Swastika von Judenbutt

• Major(1)
  • MY FRIENDS!
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2009, 10:43:41 pm »
I found out about this game a while back through Electric Retard, too bad I didn't get to see this game in its prime.  I don't think there's much hope left in getting new people here.

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2009, 04:49:21 am »
I don't think there's much hope left in getting new people here.

Why not?

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2009, 03:11:04 pm »
This.

Why? Personally I think that'd bring in a bunch of interesting people.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2009, 07:18:18 pm »
This.

Why? Personally I think that'd bring in a bunch of interesting people.
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.

IHBT, probably.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #218 on: August 25, 2009, 07:18:12 am »
wow...this thread is getting sadder by the day
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2009, 05:15:04 am »
wow...this thread is getting sadder by the day
I could say the same about you, clownman.

Soldat isn't really dieing, gather wise. Although, i've notcied that public servers have lesser skilled players playing in them, which isn't a bad thing. But really, i guess that would make it harder for the next generation of soldat players to be brought into the game, because they will not be as good as the "pubber's" the generations before them.

Soldat isn't going to die for a while, unless 1.6 comes out and it's total shit.

I look foward to 1.5.1 !
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh