Author Topic: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?  (Read 111015 times)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?
« Reply #280 on: August 31, 2009, 03:37:47 pm »
You guys do know that MM started the project known now as soldat when he was, what, 16? Give EnEsCe a break, forgive him his mistakes and help him out instead of busting his balls.

from what i've heard, he is rejecting any help and trying to work by himself only (and at the same time people are saying "come on, he's only one, doing entire game!", thats just ridiculous). 1.5 is messed up, i dont see any fixes for major bugs, enesce is cut out from the community after doing some epic swindling around soldat. And you are amazed people react on it? If he gave up, someone else would take his place, how can you know it wouldn't better that way? I think he should just stick to server renting, cause he's doing it good, but doesn't seem reliable when it comes to running such a big project like Soldat. And it's not only about coding.
not very reliable to fake pings~, imo everyone should stop renting from eC, because NOBODY should support him.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #281 on: September 01, 2009, 04:50:45 am »
You guys do know that MM started the project known now as soldat when he was, what, 16? Give EnEsCe a break, forgive him his mistakes and help him out instead of busting his balls.

from what i've heard, he is rejecting any help and trying to work by himself only (and at the same time people are saying "come on, he's only one, doing entire game!", thats just ridiculous). 1.5 is messed up, i dont see any fixes for major bugs, enesce is cut out from the community after doing some epic swindling around soldat. And you are amazed people react on it? If he gave up, someone else would take his place, how can you know it wouldn't better that way? I think he should just stick to server renting, cause he's doing it good, but doesn't seem reliable when it comes to running such a big project like Soldat. And it's not only about coding.

Soldat isnt open source. And if there will be lots of people "helping" it will make things even more complex. Just let NSC do what he does, he knows there are bugs and he's fixing them.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #282 on: September 01, 2009, 07:07:53 am »
That's bulls**ts, without the scripts pubs would be dead long time ago. It's the script engine that keeps people playing at pubs.

Imo not. There are many people I know who cry for more standard public server. Why do I have to use Gathers to play like I played years ago on public servers? And I don't need scripting stuff, crazy gravity servers, hexer-mods and stuff like that. Yeah maybe it's fun - but it's not the reason why I fell in love with Soldat. Apart from modding I want to play MM's game like he intended it.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #283 on: September 01, 2009, 09:47:33 am »
True. Lots of people complain about not enough normal public servers.
I've never heard anyone complain about wm servers!

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #284 on: September 01, 2009, 11:00:13 am »
"Lots of people" are only a few members of this forum. You can't have a successful pub with few people. When you actually pay you want your server to be used. I don't know if you understand it but majority of soldat players don't know, care or ever visit these forums.  ::)

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #285 on: September 01, 2009, 11:23:55 am »
"Lots of people" are only a few members of this forum. You can't have a successful pub with few people. When you actually pay you want your server to be used. I don't know if you understand it but majority of soldat players don't know, care or ever visit these forums.  ::)

I COMPLETELY agree with this man! lol

Even !Elite tried a public normal server and it failed! No one came. No one wants an empty server.

But, there are plenty of public normal servers that are there but just not being used! There is fractured, clangames, darkcats, and some brazilian ones. And there are more. I don't understand what you are complaining about, there are plenty. Just might not be one where you live. Move to a better country.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #286 on: September 01, 2009, 12:52:26 pm »
You want us to change our homes for a game? You need a life...
b&

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #287 on: September 01, 2009, 01:20:27 pm »
Joke, no? This is a serious topic for serious people, no sarcasm allowed.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:23:30 pm by Dusty »

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #288 on: September 01, 2009, 11:16:33 pm »

It was sarcasm.

EDIT: or exaggerating, whatever you want to call it. Just saying that it's not our fault you live in a country that doesn't have a soldat server near you / have bad internet.

Just scratch everything. Just host your own soldat server. Problem solved.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 11:18:16 pm by miketh2005 »

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2009, 12:56:02 am »
Enesce will start to realise when he needs US is when we stop renting his servers or anything to do with him. If we stop he won't get money etc...and he will then realise he should listen to the community and do something about it. For now, we keep feeding him and he's not caring.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2009, 06:27:10 am »
Amen to that.
haha, just because you're not welcome in to the aussie community :D scrub :D

just let soldat die, it's CRAP. no netcode no game engine there's nothing. LET IT DIE.

MM also wants soldat to die, I think he've clearly stated that a few times.
Ahhhh, yeah, coool. I've never seen MM say "I want soldat dead" so what the hell are you going on about? Got any source from where your vital information has came from?
Boots, you're ignorant tard (who would want to be a part of the aussie community lol?). having a 15 year old brat as the only developer is exactly as saying "I want this game to die". especially if that coder barely can code at all, like enesce.
Well considering Clownman/Scareface/Asshat is Australian, not being allowed in his own community is pretty darn funny. He is also banned from sna, and fracs.

Why am I an ignorant tard? Because you can't back up your "imfornation" ?

Grow up.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #291 on: September 02, 2009, 08:37:45 am »
Amen to that.

just let soldat die, it's CRAP. no netcode no game engine there's nothing. LET IT DIE.

Ahhhh, yeah, coool. I've never seen MM say "I want soldat dead" so what the hell are you going on about? Got any source from where your vital information has came from?
Boots, you're ignorant tard (who would want to be a part of the aussie community lol?). having a 15 year old brat as the only developer is exactly as saying "I want this game to die". especially if that coder barely can code at all, like enesce.
Well considering Clownman/Scareface/Asshat is Australian, not being allowed in his own community is pretty darn funny. He is also banned from sna, and fracs.

Grow up.
ye, I totally gotta grow up. adults bashing kids is the blizz of adulthood.
also I did back up my information, and got some agreements.

this said, you still stay a tard.

:|

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #292 on: September 02, 2009, 01:23:50 pm »

It was sarcasm.

EDIT: or exaggerating, whatever you want to call it. Just saying that it's not our fault you live in a country that doesn't have a soldat server near you / have bad internet.
no, it wasnt a sarcasm, duh

[...] Just might not be one where you live. Move to a better country.
You reeeeaally need a life...

Quote from: miketh2005

Grow up.
yeah GROW UP, miketh

offtopic:
@-Major-: always wanted to ask you, major... why is your avatar seems SO FUCKIN GAY to me? nothing personal...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 01:26:53 pm by Ragnaros »

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #293 on: September 02, 2009, 02:24:39 pm »
Umm???????????????????????????????

The above post is sooooo gay, it's unbelievable. I'm speechless. I'm going to try my best to reply, typing 1 letter at a time...

1. I said "or exaggerating, whatever you want to call it."
2. I already said to scratch the above, anyway.
3. I said to make your own server, problem solved.
4. He was not quoting me, and the "Quote" button does not make a mistake like that. You added that in there to make it look like I said that, which I didn't. He never told me to grow up, he told -Major- to grow up.

YET, you totally ignore the above and only argue at points that aren't even relevant anymore. That is childish, foolish, whatever you want to call it, that's not how a good debate is argued. There is also no room for insults on this forum, or a good debate will turn into a flaming war, as 1 insult will lead to another (rightfully so. this, however, should be the last).

Argue like a man, dude.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:27:29 pm by miketh2005 »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #294 on: September 02, 2009, 03:46:04 pm »
Enesce will start to realise when he needs US is when we stop renting his servers or anything to do with him. If we stop he won't get money etc...and he will then realise he should listen to the community and do something about it. For now, we keep feeding him and he's not caring.

In other words, "Listen to us or we won't pay you.". I think it's wrong and not really helpful.
It should be "Listen to us because our points of view will help you make Soldat better".

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #295 on: September 02, 2009, 07:02:21 pm »
Amen to that.

Grow up.
ye, I totally gotta grow up. adults bashing kids is the blizz of adulthood.
also I did back up my information, and got some agreements.

this said, you still stay a tard.

:|
I read most of your posts, and all your information had no facts behind backing it up. I asked you to show me where you got your vital information from, but all you could say is "Boots, you're an ignorant tard".

It's a wonder the admins havn't taken control of this thread, because its going no where. Pretty sure a year ago, If I called someone a "tard" or insulting them in any way possible, I would have got a ban.

The best way you could have just left this arguement out of place, Major, you could have simply showed me the posts where you had backed up your "facts".
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #296 on: September 02, 2009, 08:23:06 pm »
So sad to see that soldat=life for some people.
It's also sad that I have to be drunk to have the courage to post something like this.

Soldat is dying. Do you guys know what RIP means. Rest in peace. Let soldat rest in peace. It's time has come. It will take a long time till everyone forgot about soldat, but hosting servers won't change a thing. I am hosting 8 servers on a rented dedicated server in France and they are empty about 90% of the time.

Just make friends in real life. Get used to live without soldat. Some people might have to change their life really much and some might find it really hard to talk to someone in real life, but you can do it! I believe in you! Change your lifestyle, don't play soldat 1-7 hours a day, don't visit this forum every day. You can do it!
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #297 on: September 02, 2009, 08:53:56 pm »
So sad to see that soldat=life for some people.
It's also sad that I have to be drunk to have the courage to post something like this.

Soldat is dying. Do you guys know what RIP means. Rest in peace. Let soldat rest in peace. It's time has come. It will take a long time till everyone forgot about soldat, but hosting servers won't change a thing. I am hosting 8 servers on a rented dedicated server in France and they are empty about 90% of the time.

Just make friends in real life. Get used to live without soldat. Some people might have to change their life really much and some might find it really hard to talk to someone in real life, but you can do it! I believe in you! Change your lifestyle, don't play soldat 1-7 hours a day, don't visit this forum every day. You can do it!

May I ask what type of servers your servers are, including name, and address please?

Thanks, I'm sure we can solve your issue in no time, and thank you for contacting Customer Service.

Have a nice day.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #298 on: September 03, 2009, 12:45:47 am »
I read most of your posts, and all your information had no facts behind backing it up. I asked you to show me where you got your vital information from, but all you could say is "Boots, you're an ignorant tard".

It's a wonder the admins havn't taken control of this thread, because its going no where. Pretty sure a year ago, If I called someone a "tard" or insulting them in any way possible, I would have got a ban.

The best way you could have just left this arguement out of place, Major, you could have simply showed me the posts where you had backed up your "facts".
Too bad only about 3 posts out of my 850+ posts is about this, gj reading most of my posts tho.
and yeah, kinda hard to show proof when enesce keeps going on and permanently deleting it.

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #299 on: September 03, 2009, 01:45:23 am »

Too bad only about 3 posts out of my 850+ posts is about this, gj reading most of my posts tho.
and yeah, kinda hard to show proof when enesce keeps going on and permanently deleting it.
congrats.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh