Author Topic: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?  (Read 110977 times)

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Re: Soldat is dying, how to revive it?
« Reply #380 on: October 16, 2009, 03:17:57 pm »

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #381 on: October 16, 2009, 03:26:37 pm »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #382 on: October 16, 2009, 04:26:15 pm »
wait for the next version

the coolest version ever! [fist]

You know that's what they said for the last version.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Madow

• Major
« Reply #383 on: October 16, 2009, 05:08:47 pm »
As far as I can see right now soldat has one of the best online community for a freeware game I've ever seen. So saying that it needs to be revived is rather lame IMO.
Popularity of Soldat has been going downhill. Besides, you've been here for some 18 months, while some of us have been here for more than 6 years. I can tell you, Soldat was MUCH, MUCH different back then. Obviously Soldat was more FUN back then. Applies to community and to the game itself.
Correction I've been on the soldat forums for about 18 months but I've played soldat for like 4 years now.

And in those four years you've only been in the community for the latter 18 months. That doesn't really tell you very much.

Wow, this coming from an Administrator really isn't good for the forum.

I guess the Soldat forums is the only way to get into the community. :|
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #384 on: October 16, 2009, 05:15:55 pm »
As far as I can see right now soldat has one of the best online community for a freeware game I've ever seen. So saying that it needs to be revived is rather lame IMO.
Popularity of Soldat has been going downhill. Besides, you've been here for some 18 months, while some of us have been here for more than 6 years. I can tell you, Soldat was MUCH, MUCH different back then. Obviously Soldat was more FUN back then. Applies to community and to the game itself.
Correction I've been on the soldat forums for about 18 months but I've played soldat for like 4 years now.

And in those four years you've only been in the community for the latter 18 months. That doesn't really tell you very much.

Wow, this coming from an Administrator really isn't good for the forum.
Isn't it delighting indeed? I mean, for once people in charge tell the truth. :P
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline ghengis_kahn

• Major(1)
  • look for g-k.ath.cx servers. all are welcome!
    • Genghis Khan is alive and well and running a game server in Atlanta
« Reply #385 on: October 17, 2009, 12:30:49 am »
listen all it takes is word of mouth to make this game popular.  in finland 1meg internet has just become a right! that means you are going to have tons of people in finland that never had internet before are going to get computers, crappy computers! they wont be able to play modernspecialblackopsforces 12 or whatever but they will be able to play soldat. because honestly as much as I love linux most computers run windows and most of the crappy computers those people will buy or borrow or are given by better off relatives will 98% chance run windows. so we should flyer the poorest areas of Finland with soldat posters. have a poster design contest, but bear in mind it has to be translated to Finnish. don't worry I know a fluent Finnish speaker/writer.  is there a localization of soldat for Finnish yet? if not I will see about getting that done. but we need an admin to get the poster contest started.
Genghis Khan is alive and well and running a game server in Atlanta
look for g-k.ath.cx servers. all are welcome!
http://wiki.soldat.nl/Genghis-kahn
I run alot of  servers right now. dont think I can run many more but trying.
my favorite is rocket pistol, only pistols, law's and chainsaws allowed.
check out http://g-k.ath.cx/  I now have a server list page, http://g-k.ath.cx/cgi-bin/serverlist.cgi

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #386 on: October 17, 2009, 07:40:36 am »
Yeah, right. Stop trolling or die trying. :P
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #387 on: October 17, 2009, 03:13:53 pm »
LOL! I can almost see myself go around setting up huge posters of a 2d game around the city.
No seriously, even sending messages to your msn contact list is better.

A official soldat trailer wouldn't hurt

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #388 on: October 17, 2009, 09:45:43 pm »
Advertise Soldat everywhere you can, I will try making some posters and signs etc. Also advertise www.soldat.pl and SoldatForums wherever you can to get the game much more popular. It's the only way you can get the word around and get more people to play. More players means the game will get known more and more. I'm going to start advertising these forums and the game whenever I can and wherever I go.

OFFTOPIC: 1000 POSTS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #389 on: October 17, 2009, 10:00:04 pm »
I think that this thread is more destructive then constructive to the forums, with all the flaming and trolling. As I shall now demonstrate  ;D

Advertise Soldat everywhere you can, I will try making some posters and signs etc. Also advertise www.soldat.pl and SoldatForums wherever you can to get the game much more popular. It's the only way you can get the word around and get more people to play. More players means the game will get known more and more. I'm going to start advertising these forums and the game whenever I can and wherever I go.

OFFTOPIC: 1000 POSTS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

you couldn't wait to find topics that you really where interested in?

:P

but anyhow congrats  ;)

LOL! I can almost see myself go around setting up huge posters of a 2d game around the city.
No seriously, even sending messages to your msn contact list is better.

A official soldat trailer wouldn't hurt
A trailer would be good if implemented right I suppose....

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #390 on: October 17, 2009, 11:12:22 pm »
I really wish the trailer contest would finally come to a proper end. Only a few trailers were posted on youtube, the rest are still awaiting the end of the contest which will never come. :/

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #391 on: October 18, 2009, 03:05:58 am »
I really wish the trailer contest would finally come to a proper end. Only a few trailers were posted on youtube, the rest are still awaiting the end of the contest which will never come. :/
but we can't end it without a killer video. Imagine being the one who has their video as an official trailer :D that should be motivation enough.
btw, I agree that the best way to show soldat is to get them play it themself, the trailers job is to lure people to try it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 03:09:18 am by homerofgods »

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #392 on: October 18, 2009, 04:03:13 am »
Matt H, haha so true!!

Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #393 on: October 18, 2009, 08:23:41 am »
Ehhh, right, looks like in 3 days a lot has happened in here, as to which idea I support, it's the trailer\advertising, how hard would it be to make a topic or fan page on some site saying: This cool 2D game you probably don't know. (Or something like that)
It wouldn't hurt to even try and tell your mates about it, be it IRL or just MSN or YM or whatever.
b&

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #394 on: October 18, 2009, 09:53:13 am »
Ehhh, right, looks like in 3 days a lot has happened in here, as to which idea I support, it's the trailer\advertising, how hard would it be to make a topic or fan page on some site saying: This cool 2D game you probably don't know. (Or something like that)
It wouldn't hurt to even try and tell your mates about it, be it IRL or just MSN or YM or whatever.
But non of that is gonna make any difference compared to a stabil good version of soldat.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #395 on: October 18, 2009, 01:45:17 pm »
well, what made me start playing normal mode was R7s video that created interessted and then the sctfl 11 demos that made me decide.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #396 on: October 22, 2009, 05:37:47 pm »
I don't remember how I started, but I remember that it was addicting :P I searched for some soldat movies after I started playing it. There wasn't many movies back then.  I tink the coolest thing was that it was so easy to join a game, and it felt like more of a game then other free online games.
Btw, new vote: http://enesce.com/  (Which of these two do you anticipate the most?...)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 11:56:54 am by homerofgods »

Offline pahSibla

• Major(1)
« Reply #397 on: October 23, 2009, 02:15:46 pm »
I'm creating a third r/s community to add to Soldat abroad.  This post covers a plan I'm going ahead with to create a new community for Soldat.  Before you decide to diminish my hope and expectations, I will give you all just a look at what I've planned to push forward.  (HINT-Captains Matching+Anarchy)

#Rsd        the mirc channel
Game-Mode                  : REALISTIC : SURVIVOR : DEATHMATCH::

Introducing  a new and complex game mode.  R/S D
This game-mode rests upon skill, not of your teammates or your clan.  It’s up to you.  Play as you see fit and survive if you’re the fittest.  You have but one life and to win you must make the most die.  Tactics will play a huge role here in that you must pick your moments and judge your opposition.   

So please give the game mode a try.  The maps are relatively new, dynamic, and picturesque.   

An extra incentive has been added for players committed to rank up with stats.  The top 25 will be able to play for just my 20 bucks.  At the beginning of a new month, last month’s stats will be wiped clean but before they are, we post the results.   Then we reach out through the forums among the top 25 to pick the best time for a special gather so most of us get a chance to win my money.

Server Title:
OLYMPIC  STAY

Features:
-A gather bot from mirc with ability to convert game modes from rsd to rs.  The converter would juggle the two game modes back and forth.  For instance, "realistic survivor" a team based game alternates with "realistic survivor death-match without teams.
-Zitro stats, php, ect, new maps of caliber to usher in a new age.
Goal:MY exact wish is to take the top 2 ranked players after a round of death-match and turn them into captain's.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #398 on: September 28, 2010, 02:50:42 pm »
Here I am 1 year later and Soldat has even less players than before, just as I predicted. Nothing seems to be working :/
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #399 on: September 28, 2010, 04:59:22 pm »
omg this guy posted link for a hack. dled it rite away lol

/ban