Author Topic: Casual Clans  (Read 7730 times)

Offline Scooter_X

• Major(1)
Casual Clans
« on: July 11, 2009, 08:50:15 pm »
Suppose someone wants to play with more experienced people and without the chaos of regular pub games but doesn't get to play super often and would not be able to dedicate himself to tournaments and/or scheduled games of any kind? .... Like me?  Are there clans out there where nobody would care?

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Re: Casual Clans
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 03:42:09 am »
People like that you are active, so it would be a half-noob clan.
There are some, but I don't know which.
If you havn't, you should try gathers, that's where the experienced players are, and you could maybe find a clan if you ask around while playing or in #soldat.gather. 
Download IRC (Mirc)
#soldat.gather @ Quakenet
You need an auth, google it,    '' /Msg Q Hello ''   or something.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 03:45:48 am by homerofgods »

Offline Scooter_X

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 07:12:12 pm »
Yea, I've read about Gathers. I'm gonna' check those out. Thanks for the tip!

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 07:36:27 pm »
#soldat.gather is mainly for the European crowd. If you're North American, try #sna.gather instead. If you're Australasian, the place to be is #aus.gather.

Offline Ricrylonten

• Major
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 11:15:02 pm »
It'll take a bit of searching but you'll definitely find something suited for you. A lot of IRC clans DO participate in leagues and clanwars, but it's a lot easier to get in touch with clans over IRC. Gathers, though, are kinda like what you're looking for, organized 3v3 matchups that you can play in whenever you're ready to play.

(btw nice advertisement xurich)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 11:17:01 pm by Ricrylonten »

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 07:50:32 am »
Most of the clans are pretty casual actually, and you don't really need to be super active to join them or to participate in leagues. I wouldn't worry about that.

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Ivo

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 06:21:44 am »
Maybe this is not right topic, but we just recently started a clan and we would love some CW. We are still pretty noobish, but are climbing up. So if anyone is for some CASUAL CW contact me.
And I have a question. Is there a league where more casual clans play. League where noobish clans could start gaining experience.
Regards
[AT] Clan Server - CTF & INF Server
Server: eu5.enesce.com
IP: 88.198.153.180 Port: 23082

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 09:57:53 am »
even in sctfl there are less skilled clans, ussually they fall inactive but you could probably find a few good ones. either way, as suggested above, playing gathers would make you better and by getting better increase the number of opponent clans.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 07:14:34 pm »
I used to be in such a clan, some of us played clanwars occasionally but the clan kinda fell apart and is inactive because we didn't really do much as a clan. I see some of our members still wearing a clan tag but not much is happening, some have changed clans or don't play at all.

If you want to play with experienced people but not to be tied to any responsibilities/schedules - play gathers or find a good and popular server. Not all of them as chaotic and full of noobs. I've been playing on The Graveyard INF for a long time and so do many other players that I know, so very often we have good games with experienced players.

You can't really have a clan AND absolute freedom - you HAVE to have clanwars or something else that would keep the clan alive and in one piece.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 06:54:02 pm »
Clan skill is directly porpotional to it's activity ;)

Applies better for new clans.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Eminate

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 07:59:29 pm »
Yo, peeps IDK if anyone knows me i havent been here for such a long time. can someone tell me how to start a clan? this is KazakhBorat to most of you that know me.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 04:55:32 pm »
Yo, peeps IDK if anyone knows me i havent been here for such a long time. can someone tell me how to start a clan? this is KazakhBorat to most of you that know me.
Easy: search the forums. :/

The topic you need is third from the top of "clan discussion" section. http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?board=46.0

Offline Eminate

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 06:47:08 pm »
ok cool thanks