Poll

Do you want more people working and developing Soldat?

Yes
38 (84.4%)
No
4 (8.9%)
Maybe
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Why can't we get more people working on Soldat?  (Read 21381 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: Why can't we get more people working on Soldat?
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2009, 03:09:11 pm »
Hmmmm no more reg keys? no more money?everyone will do what ever they want with the game? and some other lame stuff that will just hurt the game.
Hows that for imagination?
Go to 4chan/b/ and become smarter. ^___^
Well, if MM doesn't want it open source - that doesn't mean only 1 person should be working on it. Multiple devs doesn't necessarily mean that Soldat will have to be open source.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2009, 03:10:06 pm »
If you can't code in a team you're a terrible, terrible programmer. There's no reason to limit it to 1 developer.

I don't think that MM or EnEsCe wants soldat open sourse and so i do not want it to be like that.
Because Os will ruin soldat because after a short period no one will work on it NO MORE.
Based on what, your imagination?
considering ET is barely runnable on windows7, soldat might not work on final release of windows7.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2009, 03:19:23 pm »
If you can't code in a team you're a terrible, terrible programmer. There's no reason to limit it to 1 developer.

I don't think that MM or EnEsCe wants soldat open sourse and so i do not want it to be like that.
Because Os will ruin soldat because after a short period no one will work on it NO MORE.
Hmmmm no more reg keys? no more money?everyone will do what ever they want with the game? and some other lame stuff that will just hurt the game.
Hows that for imagination?
It's a pretty good imagination, because none of it is true. You can still have an authentication scheme in open source software. You also don't seem to understand that open-source software has a core development team, so it's not like any random change that someone wants to make ends up in the software itself.

Go to 4chan/b/ and become smarter. ^___^
Lurk more.

considering ET is barely runnable on windows7, soldat might not work on final release of windows7.
What does that have to do with anything?
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2009, 04:32:00 pm »
ET is old game, new windows doesn't support it's way of compiling or doesn't support the language.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2009, 04:33:35 pm »
ET is old game, new windows doesn't support it's way of compiling or doesn't support the language.
What is ET and what does it have to do with having multiple people developing Soldat? :/

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2009, 04:38:32 pm »
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory afaik.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline LORD KILLA

• Camper
  • Happie
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2009, 04:42:44 pm »
I like the vote result, lol xD
Yes - 18 (ftw!)
No - 1
Idk - 1

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2009, 04:45:56 pm »
I think vote was a bad idea anyway. A question like this isn't supposed to be answered simply by voting.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2009, 12:17:30 am »
It shows what the majority of people think...obviously it does if everybody is trying to state their point about the same thing everybody else wants...
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2009, 10:45:57 am »
The thing is, that these days people want more than Soldat can offer. And meaning of Soldat varies alot between different players.

If I could choose, remove scripting, remove all the useless garbage and bring back the Soldat from 2004-2006. Fix the bugs and keep up with BatllEye, provide more bug fixes and update the weapon mod. Thats it. Everything else is just USELESS for me. Ever since, Soldat has been in a downhill in my opinion.

Of course, nowadays there are TONS and TONS people out there who play and stick to this game because of the modding ability. And people who play the game as such.

Things change.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2009, 12:24:34 pm »

Soldat works on the final version of Windows 7.
I played it.
Had around 300 fps dunno exactly since it was a week or so ago and I'm not using my PC right now.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2009, 01:12:25 pm »
It shows what the majority of people think...obviously it does if everybody is trying to state their point about the same thing everybody else wants...
But what if most people who voted are just computer newbs who only use PC to play games and know absolutely nothing about game development? Any random person who has no idea about the current situation can just come and vote.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2009, 02:51:41 pm »
But what if most people who voted are just computer newbs who only use PC to play games and know absolutely nothing about game development? Any random person who has no idea about the current situation can just come and vote.
+anyone who doesn't like enesce(as a person) will vote yes.
Not anyone can develop soldat, the code is rather messy.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2009, 03:33:43 pm »
+anyone who doesn't like enesce(as a person) will vote yes.
Not anyone can develop soldat, the code is rather messy.

this just shows how brain washed you are by enesce. You haven't seen the code and you propably don't know this much about it to claim the things you just did. How do you know few other good scripters from this community wouldn't handle it? And yes, the personality matters, you just had an example when he did that ping fraud and later banned people discussing about it.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2009, 05:17:31 pm »
the code is messy, that's what eC is whining about. it's hard for more than 1 to code something that is poorly coded.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2009, 05:26:08 pm »
Whatever you all say, Soldat will NEVER get as good as CS. Jeez Soldat is out of it's league in fact. Comparing these 2 games together is just rather pathetic. Anyways, please get back on topic...CS has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.

I'm saying about the game itself bugs, mostly caused by the poor coded net support. Just go out there and ask ppl... or just play it online, you will check yourself the lot of annoying bugs.
I rly never played CS alot, dont even like it anymore...
I dont remember which version i started playing, but it were b4 mm created backflip and stuff. I rly like Soldat, but its annoying as hell to play online, sometimes lag bugs > skills instead of luck > skills.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:47:52 pm by biohazard »

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2009, 06:19:26 pm »
the code is messy, that's what eC is whining about. it's hard for more than 1 to code something that is poorly coded.
No it isn't, what are you on? Have you people never heard of teamwork?
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2009, 07:42:56 pm »

If something is really badly written it takes a team of people to deal with it, since only one person would likely give up and just say "f**k it" which is what eC and MM are probably doing.
There are other worlds than these

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2009, 08:39:13 pm »
have you EVER coded before? no? then STFU

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2009, 08:42:29 pm »
have you EVER coded before? no? then STFU
have you EVER tried working in a team? no?