Author Topic: Server Ideas  (Read 4145 times)

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
Server Ideas
« on: October 15, 2009, 09:55:42 pm »
I'm tired of wasting money every month for inactive servers. Any1 have any ideas or any kinda server you'd liked to see made?

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: Server Ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 12:36:53 am »
Déjà vu

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 08:04:26 am »
Anything thats fun and different, maybe host some sort of competition??
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 09:08:55 am »
So you need more active servers? The thing is, that if you do something really new the gamemode / the server is describable as unfamous. You will need active players and that over time so that more and more players join finally your mode, but this period of time lasts at least 2 to 3 months until you get more active players on your new server. My suggestion: Stick with a famous gamemode and modificate it more or less. Snipe and Slice INF was a good idea since almost everybody knows about Snipe and Slice.

Here are some suggestions for possible servers:

FortressAttack: Gamemode: Inf    Weapons: All   Special: Maps include a fortress that is good defendable by bravo team. It would be optimal if the fortresses would have higher ground than the alpha base.

Dashmode: Gamemode: Ctf   Weapons: Just one secondary (saw), all primarys   Special: Default maps but saw pushes players forward and does no damage. It´s a mix of hoverrace and normal ctf.

If you need more just ask ;)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 08:33:35 pm »
Dark, howcome I've never seen these servers. Tell me where they are! The Dashmode saw race seems good as!!!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 02:27:46 am »
Dark, howcome I've never seen these servers. Tell me where they are! The Dashmode saw race seems good as!!!

The gamemodes suggested by me are totally thought out by me, you can´t find them anywhere but here in this thread :) You can find Snipe and Slice if you filter all CTF servers and sorting them by names. The server name is !Elite Snipe and Slice. You can find Goths servers in his thread in the Adverts section.

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 11:08:37 am »
I don't have any scripting or map making skills to make those type of servers. =[ I wish I did though.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 11:14:21 am »
Im hoping that 1.5.1 will have something with which i can fix my Clips script, so i would suggest making a server with it.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 12:48:00 pm »
I don't have any scripting or map making skills to make those type of servers. =[ I wish I did though.

You won´t need scripts for those servers. For Fortress Attack you just need the right maps (there are enough people who can help you with that) and for Dashmode a HoverRace (WM) [weapon mod] that even I could create for you (simple edit of the weapons.ini).

Offline Polifen

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 01:31:36 am »
Host Realistic Mountain Climbig, my server will be off at 28 October. Scripts aren't rly needed, maps can be found in Map Releases forums or if you want i can make a zip/tar.gz for you.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 12:30:13 pm »
How many servers do you currently have? Graveyard INF and Snipe & Slice INF? I heard there is a 3rd one, but I can't remember which.. Maybe you should cut down on the # of servers? :S

Try adding more maps? I personally would be more interested in playing if there were a lot of new maps, and if the maplist was updated often. Even if some maps turn out to be not very good, it'd still be fun to test them for a few rounds.
Some unusual maps, maybe? Something that involves prone-surfing on the ice a lot. Amida made a few test maps like that, ask him.
I have technical mapping skills, but I suck at making maps good gameplay-wise. :/

Consider making one of the servers a Hold The Flag server. This gamemode is fun, many people like it, but there are always not enough people or good non-laggy servers. Add a message to Graveyard INF, advertising that HTF server so that people know about it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 12:33:49 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 06:15:15 pm »
I've tried HTF, and it failed. I like HTF also. Yes I have a total of 3. Graveyard INF, Zombie Apocalyse INF and a private INF gather server. Hmm but this mountain climb theme sounds great. Might give that a shot.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:19:38 pm by Crimson Goth »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 08:42:25 pm »
Try pointmatch and use some sweet maps -- aka: not the polycrap that's saturating the majority of maps played online.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 11:40:44 pm »
I'd totally play point match if I still had Soldat installed :D

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 07:28:29 am »
PLS make something similar to good old "Meathouse":
- CTF (standard maps, few custom ones)
- 8 slots (4on4)
- no bonuses
- no realistic
- no survival
- no scripting (maybe !admin and balancing teams automatically)
- no weaponmods
- no bullettime
- no sniperline
- no friendly fire
- no stationary guns
- BE enabled
- great pings :-*

(~ SCTFL's "Server Settings")
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:34:23 am by Illuminatus »
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.