Author Topic: Soldat 1.5.1 Public Beta Release Date  (Read 42940 times)

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
Re: Soldat 1.5.1 Public Beta Release Date
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 03:43:00 pm »
Huzzah, I hope you fixed everything.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 03:51:44 pm »
Huzzah, I hope you fixed everything.
yep, that's why it is a beta, absolutly bug free.

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 03:56:12 pm »
Lets hope this version doesn't like the sack.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 05:05:08 pm »
Lets hope we wont need to use this. : P

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 08:04:04 pm »
Awesome, and it's after all my exams finish! :D

And I'll update the u13 rental servers to 1.5.1 as soon as the beta comes out and I'm able to make sure it works well.
Does this also mean U13 INF's scoring bug will finally be fixed? :S
What's the scoring bug?
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 08:12:34 pm »
Awesome, and it's after all my exams finish! :D

And I'll update the u13 rental servers to 1.5.1 as soon as the beta comes out and I'm able to make sure it works well.
Does this also mean U13 INF's scoring bug will finally be fixed? :S
What's the scoring bug?

I think it's a missing feature or something. If it isn't, the lack of lots of scores is due to the server's insane inactivity.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 08:24:19 pm »
Pretty sure it's where the default amount of time needed in INF for the defending team to gain a point is so ridiculously low, that the game ends in a matter of seconds.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 08:33:25 pm »
Pretty sure it's where the default amount of time needed in INF for the defending team to gain a point is so ridiculously low, that the game ends in a matter of seconds.

No; I mean the server is empty for 95% of the time.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 08:35:26 pm by jrgp »

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 08:52:41 pm »

Do you mean making all u13 servers into the beta? I don't think thats a good idea, cause alot of SCTFL clans rent from U13 and SCTFL will not be using a beta version in leagueplay.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 09:00:33 pm »

Do you mean making all u13 servers into the beta? I don't think thats a good idea, cause alot of SCTFL clans rent from U13 and SCTFL will not be using a beta version in leagueplay.

Hence why I said "make sure they work well."

And I'll be sure to talk it over with bricks and a few other people well before I even consider making the switch. But obviously I'm going to set a few of them up with the beta to test it out, but none of the customers' ones.

I should have made that clear earlier.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 09:54:54 pm »
Oh, yeah, right, that scoring bug...

Wait, you mean to say the Infiltration server has been running all this time with the default bravo scoring interval? Someone's not doing their job...
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 11:15:13 pm »
Ahh, excellent timing. That's the day just after my last exam paper.

I hope more players would participate and report bugs. The previous beta was a real flop because of the lack of participation.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 11:46:23 pm »
I spent a lot of time fixing the Auto Update component to be able to transparently update every aspect of Soldat, including Soldat.exe, and to work correctly under Vista/Windows7 so I do plan on making extensive use of the Auto Updater throughout the beta period.
If I see a satisfactory amount of players testing, frequent minor updates just might be possible during the official release as well.

And sorry but the Change Log will not be posted prior to release, it is a surprise! Here's as much as I will say... 51 total lines, 27 fixed, 13 added, 11 modified.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009, 12:07:09 am »
Is that changelog count just for the Soldat Client, EnEsCe? Or is that inclusive of the Server too?

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2009, 12:08:51 am »
Is that changelog count just for the Soldat Client, EnEsCe? Or is that inclusive of the Server too?
Client. Server is a lot smaller, only 20 or so lines. The ScriptCore changes aren't included in that count either.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2009, 03:48:41 am »
looking forward to it, i will surely participate in beta testing

@jrgp, i think you shouldn't convert all servers to beta, there just should be representative servers for each continent and gamemode, forcing everyone to beta testing wouldn't be good imo
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2009, 05:23:02 am »

@jrgp, i think you shouldn't convert all servers to beta, there just should be representative servers for each continent and gamemode, forcing everyone to beta testing wouldn't be good imo

Yeah, I'm well aware.

Offline Fubister

• Major
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2009, 08:35:03 am »
hope this one will surprise us positively

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2009, 10:29:13 am »
I spent a lot of time fixing the Auto Update component to be able to transparently update every aspect of Soldat, including Soldat.exe, and to work correctly under Vista/Windows7 so I do plan on making extensive use of the Auto Updater throughout the beta period.
If I see a satisfactory amount of players testing, frequent minor updates just might be possible during the official release as well.

And sorry but the Change Log will not be posted prior to release, it is a surprise! Here's as much as I will say... 51 total lines, 27 fixed, 13 added, 11 modified.

I hope you're not as space happy as me...

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2009, 02:28:15 pm »
Oh, yeah, right, that scoring bug...

Wait, you mean to say the Infiltration server has been running all this time with the default bravo scoring interval? Someone's not doing their job...
Sadly, that's how it is. Me and a few other people tried contacting FLAB about that, but nothing has changed.

Yeah, I'm well aware.
Didn't know you have some control over U13 servers too. :S
U13 servers are good and popular and they have one of the lowest pings in US. I think one-two servers for beta would be just right. You could convert U13 INF, since US players already have Graveyard INF. Besides, inf's been kinda dead lately anyway.