Author Topic: Soldat 1.5.1 Public Beta Release Date  (Read 42942 times)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Soldat 1.5.1 Public Beta Release Date
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2009, 03:09:37 pm »
looking forward to it, i will surely participate in beta testing

@jrgp, i think you shouldn't convert all servers to beta, there just should be representative servers for each continent and gamemode, forcing everyone to beta testing wouldn't be good imo
Yeah, I'm well aware.
Didn't know you have some control over U13 servers too. :S
U13 servers are good and popular and they have one of the lowest pings in US. I think one-two servers for beta would be just right. You could convert U13 INF, since US players already have Graveyard INF. Besides, inf's been kinda dead lately anyway.

I have complete "control" over pretty much all of the u13 sites/servers, but not the decision making power. I just manage them and write code for bricks since has no time for it. And I'm not converting any of the servers to another game mode, since I believe U13 was always intended to have ctf/inf/tdm/dm pubs.
There are other worlds than these

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2009, 03:11:47 pm »
I have complete "control" over pretty much all of the u13 sites/servers, but not the decision making power. I just manage them and write code for bricks since has no time for it. And I'm not converting any of the servers to another game mode, since I believe U13 was always intended to have ctf/inf/tdm/dm pubs.
Oh, I never said it should be converted to a different gamemode. On contrary, I'd love to see an INF server in beta.. as long as score bug is fixed. :S

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2009, 03:20:52 pm »
Oh, I never said it should be converted to a different gamemode. On contrary, I'd love to see an INF server in beta.. as long as score bug is fixed. :S

Then I might set up another INF server running the beta then, for testing/evaluation purposes.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2009, 03:44:57 pm »
I spent a lot of time fixing the Auto Update component to be able to transparently update every aspect of Soldat, including Soldat.exe, and to work correctly under Vista/Windows7 so I do plan on making extensive use of the Auto Updater throughout the beta period.
If I see a satisfactory amount of players testing, frequent minor updates just might be possible during the official release as well.
My dream becomes true! [retard]
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 03:49:58 pm by Illuminatus »
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2009, 03:49:43 pm »
I spent a lot of time fixing the Auto Update component to be able to transparently update every aspect of Soldat, including Soldat.exe, and to work correctly under Vista/Windows7 so I do plan on making extensive use of the Auto Updater throughout the beta period.
If I see a satisfactory amount of players testing, frequent minor updates just might be possible during the official release as well.
my dream became true [retard]
so did pavlikos.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2009, 03:55:17 pm »
In my opinion, all Soldat communities should turn their servers into 1.5.1 beta, especially gathers. Only exceptions are leagues: SCTFL, SWC, etc... So CWs in 1.5 and the rest 1.5.1. That way we could maximalize knowledge of bugs.

Propably 1.5.1 beta is less buggy than original 1.5, so why not.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2009, 05:57:23 pm »
Thx Enesce

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2009, 03:03:53 am »
LOL i was so close!
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=36468.msg441453#msg441453
The counter looks a lot like it was in my dream( only had a bit better shape ) ..
heh.. it was only 5 hours to wait in my dream :S ..

ADDED: Uuuuuu -major- cares about me ^___^ he even mentioned me here :D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:09:12 am by pavliko »
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2009, 06:45:12 am »
Probably I'll be able to set up some server, dunno yet.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2009, 05:05:45 pm »
The amount of servers will not be a problem. The amount of people playing on these server will be the problem.
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline Beer

• Major(1)
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2009, 03:03:09 am »
WoW :O

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2009, 07:12:32 pm »
I hope we will be able to do more stuff with weapons. I'll be pissed otherwise. Still, looking forward to it. Fingers crossed for the script core, the old one game Hexer trouble...

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2009, 07:38:13 pm »
It seems this next version of soldat may be bigger than expected. Look at MM's blogpost on his take on 1.5.1

Click to view original page
Quote from: MM's Blog
I’m really excited about the new Soldat 1.5.1 beta that will be out soon. Soldat is finally gonna be “professional” with a lot of new cool features. It’s a version that I always intended to create but never had the time to actually do. Wait for it.

I wonder what that means....
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Fireman

• Major
  • D:
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2009, 11:20:40 pm »
It seems this next version of soldat may be bigger than expected. Look at MM's blogpost on his take on 1.5.1

I’m really excited about the new Soldat 1.5.1 beta that will be out soon. Soldat is finally gonna be “professional” with a lot of new cool features. It’s a version that I always intended to create but never had the time to actually do. Wait for it.

Hopefully, majority of bugs fixed along with no moar eating luls?

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2009, 11:42:29 pm »
or redicolus czech jet warp and eats. maybe... just maybe...

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2009, 11:48:48 pm »

A completely different GUI! :O lol

WAAAA! WAAAA!
Indeed.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline RafiPZ

• Soldier
  • You can't spell awesome without ME!
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2009, 12:02:15 am »

A completely different GUI! :O lol
Yeah, I think that's what he means by a professional soldat. Reading this just made me a whole lot more interested in the release. Even, if there isn't a GUI overhaul though i'm sure it'll be something impressive.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2009, 12:09:03 am »
Here's as much as I will say... 51 total lines, 27 fixed, 13 added, 11 modified.
there isn't much done to soldat, the greater things that makes the game proffessional is the auto-updater.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2009, 01:15:59 am »
I think he means he's going to hire professionals to work on Soldat since he doesn't have the time to do so maybe?? Or he could be focusing more on Soldat and making it go global and advertised more...? I sure hope we do get professionals to work on Soldat, would make a hell of a lot of difference and make the game dramatically better.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2009, 06:55:29 am »
Morons, it just means he is happy with Enesce's work, and that the auto-update (and perhaps some other stuff) make it like other ''professional'' games.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 06:57:00 am by homerofgods »