Author Topic: Soldat Beta 1.5.1a  (Read 35103 times)

Offline ClashBR

• Major(1)
Re: Soldat Beta 1.5.1a
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2009, 08:42:16 am »
Any chance soldat portal providing an API (for websites) so we can know if a certain player is playing and if yes, where and other info?
Thanks

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2009, 08:53:23 am »
Well tested it and so on, I wouldnt say I'm dissappointed, but I'm not happy either.

The first thing that tingled my nerves was this:

Is this seriously necesary? Not to mention birth date that is just as useless as a walrus in soldat, but this is just too much.
You should probably ask for what eye color or shoe size the player has next?

Not to mention that soldat was made by a polish dude who lives in europe and I assume MM uses the date format DD/MM/YY instead of the american one. Screw that.

I'm not entirely sure what this soldat portal is for, but seems like a bucket of old AOL CDs to me. Useless, in other words.
And annoying because you have to put your email address in to recieve some godforsaken activation email. That was just ridiculous.

Then ingame, the access violations still persisted like in 1.5, but with the same extensive tweaks like I had in 1.5, those were removed. Then in team matches there were those seperating lines that kept blinking and sometimes glitching out.
Not particulary annoying, but still I though you had the damn F1 screen fixed for good.

Next up the maps, I see most of the changes were concentrated at CTF maps, while DM and others were left almost untouched. One thing that really annoyed me was the fake ceilings. Those are just plain dumb. You either have an open ceiling, or you just close the fucking gap.

I hated some of the new remakes, but some were ok or better than the old ones. Laos was a big disapointment to me. Dark and messy. And equinox got raped hard.
Lanubya seemed fresh, but perhaps it could be better off with a different name and keeping the old one as well since they both play differently and are equally good.

Interesting to hear about those new polygons types, hope the mappers will use those wisely enough. Although I must say I'd hate it if they would limit the flaggers movement greatly.

TL;DR: ADASD PORTAL SUCKS, WTF MAPS , Cool polys.

Offline Jaakarhu

• Major(1)
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2009, 09:38:03 am »
and I thought that 1.5 had bad maps.

edit. Yes and what the f**k is up with modifying the old classic maps And whats up with FPS, it seemed to be worse for everyone..?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:44:32 am by Jaakarhu »

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2009, 10:51:11 am »
and I thought that 1.5 had bad maps.

edit. Yes and what the f**k is up with modifying the old classic maps And whats up with FPS, it seemed to be worse for everyone..?

I have same FPS drops on those "modded" maps (too mutch textures, yeah?). Why the f*ck you replaced old ones? Why not just add modded?

Offline Snip

• Major(1)
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2009, 11:00:15 am »
Good update but why fuck up those maps Dropdown2 laos gone terrible

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2009, 11:14:39 am »
mmhmm, i think im just gonna stay with 1.4.2.

1.5.1a isn't working out for meh.

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2009, 11:17:36 am »
This is a beta people, you're acting like the changes are permanent :P
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Krack

• Soldier
  • Krack Kills
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2009, 11:22:03 am »
Sorry about the Trial Expired thing, please upgrade to this new exe (Copy it over to your beta folder)

http://update.thd.vg/soldat/cl/1510/Soldat.exe

thanks

[Bug?]
when i try to register an account, i fill in all the fields correctly and when i press the "Create Account" button i get a

ERROR: Invalid Verification Code. Please type it EXACTLY as it appears.

does this every time and i clearly put in the Verification Code EXACTLY as it appears

[Suggestion]
the birthdate and gender fields seems like they're going to be ultimately useless
Viva Soldat

Offline Deathdancer

• Major(1)
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2009, 11:24:25 am »
New Laos and Dropdown2 are both horrible, why to fix something that isn't broken?

Soldat Portal just sucks. Soldat is meant to be a simple game, without any pesky accounts: I don't like the direction Soldat is taking.

The only thing the community has been begging for is a better netcode. I have no idea for how long Soldat has been developed (6 years?) but we haven't got what we've really wanted. Mmh, maybe it's finally time to dumb this pile of crap, there are lots of better games around nowadays!

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2009, 11:31:05 am »
This is a beta people, you're acting like the changes are permanent :P

What the fuck?

ITS A BETA. If we don't act now, this WILL be permanent.

Offline S4R

• Major
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2009, 11:33:45 am »
I feel as if the soldat portal is only the beginning.

next, you'll be required to buy soldat to play online at all.

etc etc ;ç

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2009, 12:01:31 pm »
Pretty sure it clearly states not to mirror the installer.... I have updated the installer 4 times already, and mirroring it will just spread broken outdated installs....

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2009, 12:21:34 pm »
Pretty sure it clearly states not to mirror the installer.... I have updated the installer 4 times already, and mirroring it will just spread broken outdated installs....
Is there any online update as well?
or we have to download the installer each time again?

Offline Sh07gaN

• Soldier
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2009, 12:26:15 pm »
I feel as if the soldat portal is only the beginning.

next, you'll be required to buy soldat to play online at all.

etc etc ;ç

Or you can create an account for FREE but you must have bronze premium account to be able to pick up healthpacks and nades, silver premium account to unlock barret, m79 and 2 other secondaries and golden premium account to be able to use all power ups and all weapons.

Bronze Premium - 4,95$ per month
Silver Premium - 7,95$ per month
Golden - Premium - 11,95$ per month

You get what I mean?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 12:28:25 pm by Sh07gaN »

Offline Rowley

• Major(1)
  • Pole in the hole!
    • Rowley Website
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2009, 12:33:56 pm »
I don't need all these new polygons, new maps, new weap balance, weapon stats, blahblah blah. Accounts are ok. That's the only possibility to give each player unique ID ergo prevent cheating effectively.

btw i can't tick this checkbox altough i have legal registration :(

Offline Squakingcow

• Major
  • pluck
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2009, 12:40:22 pm »
For the love of god don't let the remade maps make it into the final version.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2009, 12:46:46 pm »
Is there any online update as well?
or we have to download the installer each time again?
The automatic updater is functional in this beta.

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2009, 01:33:27 pm »
I don't need all these new polygons, new maps, new weap balance, weapon stats, blahblah blah. Accounts are ok. That's the only possibility to give each player unique ID ergo prevent cheating effectively.

btw i can't tick this checkbox altough i have legal registration :(

You will have to activate your registration.
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2009, 02:43:47 pm »
I like the new version, but I am going to agree on everyone with the Soldat portal. Why do we need an account just to play a game like Soldat? Simplicity was mentioned. That's been one of the nice things about Soldat. You fire it up and you can be playing online in less than 15 seconds.

So get rid of the portal or slim it down to just the in-game name protection option - which then you could put anywhere, including the first screen when you start up Soldat. Portal is not needed otherwise. You don't need to know my age. I'm not using it to converse with friends... the chat option was for that, pretty much and no one used that. Any correspondence I have with anyone is usually through the regular channels - irc, im and the forum.

All you need - to reiterate is just the name protection option - on the FIRST screen - which is now one more perk of registering Soldat.

Otherwise, excellent effort. Very good work.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline ClashBR

• Major(1)
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2009, 02:50:13 pm »
Any chance soldat portal providing an API (for websites) so we can know if a certain player is playing and if yes, where and other info?
Thanks
is this hard to answer enesce? should be a yes or no question
thanks