Author Topic: inf_Blockstoned -Zombiemap  (Read 3703 times)

DarkCrusade

inf_Blockstoned -Zombiemap
« on: December 03, 2009, 02:29:54 pm »
inf_Blockstone(d)

First of all: I wasn´t stoned when sketching the map. I never was :P

I had the idea for this map in art class and had to sketch it fast on a piece of paper not to forget this :) You spawn in the area where many blocks last and need to go up while zombies fall down and want to cut your head off. Being done with this challenge you need to go through the zombietown (>) and through the forest to get onto the bouncing platform in the very right corner. It will boost you up onto the roofs of the town and on the highest building you need to grab the flag. Then you´ll need to climb up the mountains and go through the tunnel to finally reach your flag, cough, and go back to do it again.

This map is custom and waypointed. I created new scenery for this map and that´s why the archive is so big. I am sorry, but I couldn´t get better tunnel scenery :(

Rapidshare Download
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:34:50 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: inf_Blockstoned -Zombiemap
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 07:02:44 pm »
Can you upload it somewhere else? I want to try this map out (looks very interesting) by myself but rapidshare sucks. Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
I'm okay with waiting for 60 seconds, but rapidshare ALWAYS tells me that I'm still downloading stuff.
Doesn't work...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 08:21:03 am by STM1993 »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 09:46:00 pm »
FFS either use the forum file attachments or TMS. Using something like rapidshare where there are easier and less hated methods is fucking retarded.
There are other worlds than these

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 01:07:44 pm »
FFS either use the forum file attachments or TMS. Using something like rapidshare where there are easier and less hated methods is f**king retarded.

Don´t call me a retard or I won´t ever drink tea again :P

Yeah, I know about forum attachments and I tried it two times. No success. Either my connection is too slow or the file is too big. I think I will split the archive up and upload it in 2 parts and you will be happy I hope :)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 03:20:40 pm »
FFS either use the forum file attachments or TMS. Using something like rapidshare where there are easier and less hated methods is f**king retarded.

Don´t call me a retard or I won´t ever drink tea again :P

Yeah, I know about forum attachments and I tried it two times. No success. Either my connection is too slow or the file is too big. I think I will split the archive up and upload it in 2 parts and you will be happy I hope :)
If you have to resort to using file hosting sites - I suggest you use www.mediafire.com. It doesn't support files as big as Rapidshare, but it doesn't have that annoying countdown and download speed is decent.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 06:46:42 am »
Visit HackTanks ZRGP server. It´s hosted there :)

Offline Hacktank

• Camper
  • Soldat Scripter
    • HTZRPG
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 12:59:49 am »

Its ZRPG.

But anyway, i like the map overall but it would be nice if the alpha spawn wasnt getting flooded by zombies.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 02:08:31 am »

Its ZRPG.

But anyway, i like the map overall but it would be nice if the alpha spawn wasnt getting flooded by zombies.

I could experiment with adding deadly polygons but I am not quit sure about that since the map should be a challenge for "real" zombieplayers.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 03:36:02 am »
The middle forest area looks like poop, but regarding gameplay prefer-abilities, I won't tell you how I'd personally do it. The rest passes with 4/5 stars, with only few reasonable demerits (I had to have an excuse to post "demerits"..)

DarkCrusade

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 08:11:38 am »
The middle forest area looks like poop, but regarding gameplay prefer-abilities, I won't tell you how I'd personally do it. The rest passes with 4/5 stars, with only few reasonable demerits (I had to have an excuse to post "demerits"..)

So how would you do the forest area? It´s always interesting for me to see how somebody else does a map :)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 01:12:08 pm »
Well, the forest looks like it's a picture behind what you are playing on. But if you were to integrate into the playing ground itself, it would obscure the players and the zombies, thus making the map a little harder to play (and possibly less fun).

DarkCrusade

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 02:03:00 am »
Well, the forest looks like it's a picture behind what you are playing on. But if you were to integrate into the playing ground itself, it would obscure the players and the zombies, thus making the map a little harder to play (and possibly less fun).

Good idea, I will work on it.

Maybe some default oldschool styled forest with warmly dark and not that green colors.

I know you like dark maps with little color, but I won't change the colors soon.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 10:40:15 am »
As the forest is, it looks like bucket of blob's vomit - is what I meant.

Okay :P

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
  • I'm trigger happy, trigger happy!
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 06:42:25 pm »
The download did not work for me and i would really like to have this map. Please help?
""A man should look for "what is" instead of what he thinks should be"" -Albert Einstein-

DarkCrusade

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 01:59:09 am »
So sorry, you will get a forum attachment soon :(

Offline MaZa

• Major(1)
  • aliens are cute <3
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 07:56:17 am »
ok, so one of these so called realistic like maps, i like these. In these zombiemods it's good that there ain't any jet fuel, or it comes too easy. nice looking map though