Author Topic: Better team play / co-op  (Read 2294 times)

Offline $niper

• Major(1)
Better team play / co-op
« on: December 05, 2009, 03:18:50 pm »
So i was thinking, at the moment soldat seems to be like a single player game with everyone playing solo or trying to get personal high rank, trying to be 1st when the round ends ect.

In CTF i was thinking of maybe adding an icon or a colour that each player in both teams could select with a keyboard button that displays whether they are either attacking or defending the flag.
This would cause some players on your team to be attacking and some players on your team to be defending which would lead to better co-operation between players and a better feeling of real team play because the players would have a specific role within the team.

$niping|Ninja

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Re: Better team play / co-op
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 03:22:24 pm »
I offer you my soul if you EVER manage to do some proper teamplay with a random pub team, from which you know noone.

Also, too complicated, and how would you see it?
Scoreboard is the last thing i want to check in the middle of a fight to see if someone from my team is attacking and will come to help me.

F11
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 04:23:16 pm »
Go play some infiltration. F11.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 05:42:09 pm »
So i was thinking, at the moment soldat seems to be like a single player game with everyone playing solo or trying to get personal high rank, trying to be 1st when the round ends ect.

In CTF i was thinking of maybe adding an icon or a colour that each player in both teams could select with a keyboard button that displays whether they are either attacking or defending the flag.
This would cause some players on your team to be attacking and some players on your team to be defending which would lead to better co-operation between players and a better feeling of real team play because the players would have a specific role within the team.
there's no defending player, ussualy, it's 3 attacking that defends if it's needed.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 08:31:02 pm »
From my experience - situations change very often. Sometimes you have to defend, sometimes attack - sometimes cover the flagger.
Therefore there will be no need for this feature.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 05:55:29 am »
f11

Offline $niper

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 11:41:01 am »
I offer you my soul if you EVER manage to do some proper teamplay with a random pub team, from which you know noone.

Scoreboard is the last thing i want to check in the middle of a fight to see if someone from my team is attacking and will come to help me.

F11
Doesnt have to be complicated, can be very simple in fact with maybe just a little A or D letter next to peoples names in the scoreboard menu or next to peoples tags.
Its mainly just to try and get some structure within the team so that it feels more like team play rather than just everyone being either red or blue and doing their own thing.

From my experience - situations change very often. Sometimes you have to defend, sometimes attack - sometimes cover the flagger.
Therefore there will be no need for this feature.

Thats the thing, sometimes you need to defend but everyones doing their own thing and attacking or you need to attack and everyones defending, if there was symbols that let you know whos doing what then you could figure out if you need more attacking or more defending and adjust.

there's no defending player, ussualy, it's 3 attacking that defends if it's needed.

Knowing whos doing what at what moment would help bring a few strategies into team play though no?

Just an idea anyways...

$niping|Ninja

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 02:53:51 pm »
Thats the thing, sometimes you need to defend but everyones doing their own thing and attacking or you need to attack and everyones defending, if there was symbols that let you know whos doing what then you could figure out if you need more attacking or more defending and adjust.
This happens not because your team doesn't know who's doing what.

Normally if you see that you already have a defender or two - you should be an attacker. If everyone decides to defend even though there are already enough defenders - they're simply noobs.

It's not that hard to see the difference between a defender and an attacker, without any symbols. Plus, you can always use taunts and say that you're defending or which route you'll be attacking or something like "base hot, everyone defend".
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 02:55:38 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 06:39:10 pm »
If you're looking for games involving greater teamwork, try joining a clan and playing against other teams. I think that you'll be hard-pressed to find good teamwork in a pub even if your idea was implemented.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 09:30:35 pm »
And if your idea was implemented, I highly doubt it would be used. Who has the patience to hit a key whenever they decide to go somewhere or do something? A lot of gameplay is usually a just reflex or a subconscious action.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 03:11:12 pm »

F11
Can you just email me it now plz? I have been in plenty of servers where randomer's will work together if you open up to them a bit. Granted it will take a round or two.

OT: F!!

Offline A tree

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 11:29:28 pm »
Its Inf. and no matter what you say I'll always be the same. CTF maps however can be played on Inf. maps so i find this very pointless to make a new gamemode.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 01:26:42 pm »
People solo because you can never, EVER rely on other players. Not even that, don't ever rely on your team mates, you gotta be responsible of your flag and capturing the flag.

That's why better players usually have more capture points and kills -_-

Sorry to say this, but play more. And make sure not to rely on pub players, NEVEEER
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"