Author Topic: Grenades through thin walls.  (Read 8630 times)

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
Re: Grenades through thin walls.
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 08:33:12 pm »
Screw you guys.
I use it whenever I feel like using it, except when going for a personal 1on1 situation with someone I wanna test myself against.
Nothing wrong with it, it's not like you're doing the super flag throw bug....

All stupid shits on Soldat like this super throw or any other, seems like a feature to me, cuz its been there for ages and never fixed, i mostly dont use-abuse, but sometimes i just give up the tentation.

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 08:51:55 pm »
Can this be fixed and if it can't why? or is the answer just a bunch of numbers?

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 10:41:59 pm »
Yes it can be fixed. Along with a lot of other collision bugs. Along with a lot of bugs in general.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 10:50:36 pm »
It also makes you learn from your mistakes and keep your pixels down, move faster, and avoid those situations.
Same goes for some hacks as well, but there's a reason why hacks aren't allowed. Bug abuse isn't much different from hacking, except bugs are already in the game from the start.
Both can be avoided with experience, but both give an unfair advantage and make gameplay especially frustrating for newbies who aren't aware of such flaws or aren't experienced enough to avoid them.

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 12:26:39 am »
I personally am a fair player. I don't use bugs. When I sometimes happen to play on CS r/s servers and I'm waiting in the house, waiting for the enemy to fall into my trap. I'm like "he can't kill me if I'm here lol" and then he comes and throws a grenade through thin floor.... How annoying is that?

This bug can be really annoying in r/s mode, since your every life might make your team/ clan win.
Saying: Please, Do not glitch. Doesn't help.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 12:48:58 am »
Just say that those are exploits.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 02:33:53 am »
Lets remove the roof of ctf_Ash.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 09:47:20 am »
Just replace ash for thrash ;p

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 11:22:41 am »
It also makes you learn from your mistakes and keep your pixels down, move faster, and avoid those situations.
Same goes for some hacks as well, but there's a reason why hacks aren't allowed. Bug abuse isn't much different from hacking, except bugs are already in the game from the start.
Both can be avoided with experience, but both give an unfair advantage and make gameplay especially frustrating for newbies who aren't aware of such flaws or aren't experienced enough to avoid them.

One thing I've learned from experience with soldat: The "newb" who gets that frustrated at this bug would be just as frustrated with the crouchbug, a polybug, etc etc...
So if my "exploiting a bug" turns him off of soldat, then I just saved the poor bastard a lot of time.
I've learned about it on my own, and from the first time someone did it to me.
Not my fault that 8 year olds play soldat.
b&

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 11:24:00 am »
Lets remove the roof of ctf_Ash.
There is 2nd spot in Ash where you can do wallnading. ;p

Anyway, I didn't notice it cause I wasn't using it back to those times. Don't you think that this fix in 1.4.0 cause another problem called "Bouncy nades"? Wasn't it the reason to remove that fix?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

DarkCrusade

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 01:35:28 pm »
Well, this second place was intended to be like that.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 01:44:45 pm »
I didn't mean here this window next to the roof...
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

DarkCrusade

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 02:06:40 pm »
I know which place you are talking about, trust me.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 02:47:55 pm »
One thing I've learned from experience with soldat: The "newb" who gets that frustrated at this bug would be just as frustrated with the crouchbug, a polybug, etc etc...
So if my "exploiting a bug" turns him off of soldat, then I just saved the poor b*****d a lot of time.
Polybugs and crouch bug are nothing compared to nade bug -  you can't really abuse them because they're hard to reproduce. Even if you do manage to do that - they barely give you any advantage. Unless you make a better comparison - your point is not valid.

You're just being arrogant. You should know well that "8 y.olds" aren't the only ones who'd get frustrated and simple irritation isn't the only reason why'd they do that.
Throwing nades through walls doesn't even make sense in the first place and doesn't happen neither in reality nor in any other game. If not for gameplay - at least for the sake of common sense this bug should be fixed.

I've got the impression you see everything in black and white, and worse - "black and white" that you made up yourself based on your own "lessons". Open your eyes and try to see more colors.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 03:03:05 pm »
This place is full of people who see everything in black and white.

On topic: Only way to fix this would be removing the ability to throw nades when facing a wall. This wouldn't work since the throw itself doesn't happen instantly.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 04:28:40 pm »
So if my "exploiting a bug" turns him off of soldat, then I just saved the poor b*****d a lot of time.
Polybugs and crouch bug are nothing compared to nade bug -  you can't really abuse them because they're hard to reproduce. Even if you do manage to do that - they barely give you any advantage. Unless you make a better comparison - your point is not valid.

You're just being arrogant. You should know well that "8 y.olds" aren't the only ones who'd get frustrated and simple irritation isn't the only reason why'd they do that.
Throwing nades through walls doesn't even make sense in the first place and doesn't happen neither in reality nor in any other game. If not for gameplay - at least for the sake of common sense this bug should be fixed.

I've got the impression you see everything in black and white, and worse - "black and white" that you made up yourself based on your own "lessons". Open your eyes and try to see more colors.

Hey, I see all 7 colors of the rainbow, nothing wrong with my eye sight, thank you.
And no, I'm not being arrogant, I'm stating facts.
As to the poly bug, I've seen dozens of people "abuse" them, like rolling after hitting a corner when you're falling, or the one poly bug in a certain climb map, which I don't recall by name.
Fyi; 8 year olds by mental age, my friend.
Anyone with the slightest sense of humor, who plays for FUN, wouldn't get that pissed off about losing to a bug.
b&

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 04:48:12 pm »
Hey, I see all 7 colors of the rainbow, nothing wrong with my eye sight, thank you.
And no, I'm not being arrogant, I'm stating facts.
As to the poly bug, I've seen dozens of people "abuse" them, like rolling after hitting a corner when you're falling, or the one poly bug in a certain climb map, which I don't recall by name.
Fyi; 8 year olds by mental age, my friend.
Anyone with the slightest sense of humor, who plays for FUN, wouldn't get that pissed off about losing to a bug.
I'm afraid there's far more than 7 colors.
You're stating only one of many facts. Like the fact that nade bug is still a bug that gives an unfair advantage. Another fact is that it's not in the rules of the game to nade through walls and it ruins some parts of maps' design. There are players who don't consider it fun to use bugs and cheap tricks to win, that is also a fact. I'm one of those players, I play fair and I expect others to be fair in return.

Of course complete noobs with no brains or patience will get pissed off, but I'm not even talking about them. I'm talking about normal players with decent IQ who just started playing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 05:09:19 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 05:00:38 pm »
This place is full of people who see everything in black and white.

On topic: Only way to fix this would be removing the ability to throw nades when facing a wall. This wouldn't work since the throw itself doesn't happen instantly.
Or you could just multi-sample the collision of the nade more intensely, for, say, the first second.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2010, 07:24:35 pm »
Well then it's not my problem that I'm an unfair bitch, people can vote me if it displeases them that much, the fact is, there's a bug, I have a chance at it, I use it, if it doesn't suit the person I killed using the bug, they can go play gathers, or leagues, where it is forbidden.
b&

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 04:19:29 am »
just a reminder to what that ignorant human being under nickname centurion has said, due to the specific map construction on R/S CS it is generally (to be more precise, always and on all servers so far) allowed to use nade glitch. It is part of the game there, so it is not considered as unfair advantage. I personally like it that way because without nade bug there would be way more camping (a lot of houses etc). Default maps are something different, as it's generally not allowed to use nade glitch there people should just restrain themselves from using it. As i've said in another topic similar to this one, it is just a matter of rules. If it's allowed you just need to consider it in your gameplay and don't whine that  it's unfair advantage.

And since this is a bug it should be fixed, until it's not fixed different gamemodes/servers will handle it in various way and you need to respect that, this is just a game that's being played in various ways, some people like to play this, some people like to play that, it's none of your business unless they break the rules of the server/event.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens