Author Topic: Barret is overpowered  (Read 1753 times)

Offline aosihd

• Major(1)
Barret is overpowered
« on: September 16, 2011, 04:34:29 pm »
Barret was the best weapon in 1.5, by making it even better in the 1.6 weapon mod it is now overpowered.
it should be nerfed back to the 1.5 weapon mod

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
Re: Barret is overpowered
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 12:10:35 am »
I don't want to feed this but I have a question/ request. What were the values in the weapon .ini for barret 1.5? Can some one post them?

I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 12:13:47 am »
[NEW 1.6 Barret M82A1]         
Damage=495
FireInterval=225
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=70
Speed=550
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=17
Bink=100
MovementAcc=6
Recoil=0

[OLD 1.5 Barret M82A1]
Damage=495
FireInterval=225
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=300
Speed=550
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=25
Bink=100
MovementAcc=7
Recoil=0

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 12:29:04 am »
Barret was the best weapon in 1.5, by making it even better in the 1.6 weapon mod it is now overpowered.
Barrett was the 2nd or 3rd worst in 1.5.... (only minigun and possibly DE were worse)

Offline 12th_account

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 02:07:25 am »
Barrett was one of the least used weapons in 1.5, especially in the clan scene. It was improved for six reasons: Improve its popularity, improve its reliability, improve its viability as an offensive weapon, increase the amount of soccom users (since they combo great together), make it more fun and convenient to use, and because all the other weapons were getting improvements as well.

The lowered reload time is insignificant balance-wise and was tweaked just as a convenience for those lucky few who get to fire all 10 shots or accidentally hit the reload key.

It's possible that the remaining tweaks pushed it over the edge and made it too strong compared to the other weapons. But it definitely wasn't a good weapon in 1.5, and was in dire need of a good boost.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:09:05 am by 12th_account »

Offline Joaoseinha

• Major(1)
  • The shame is not to fail,but to quit.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 06:01:39 pm »
I don't think barrett is overpowered.Barrett is supposed to be a sniper/sniper-like gun,it has to have lots of damage.Although,in 1.5 it was not very used because of the long reload time which made it bad in comparation with rifles and another guns.
On my opinion it's great the way it is.
A warrior,a gun,a couple of enemies,a difficult map,rocket boots,all equals an epic war flying through the map.
I may fail,but i'm not afraid of fighting.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 07:00:34 pm »
Please, stfu.
Barret @ Soldat 1.1.5 or 1.2 > ALL.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 08:37:59 pm »
I think decreasing reload time was unnecessary. Having to reload barrett at least sometimes was a good anti-camper measure, since a camper becomes defenseless for like 10 seconds while reloading.
However I agree with decreased delay. Sniper rifles are all about precision, and precision is about responsiveness. Delay in 1.5 was too long and reduced the gun's responsiveness way too much.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 04:25:56 pm »
I've said that before and going to say it again. It's much easier to aim in 1.6 than it was in 1.5. Some people whine over 'no bink' thing but from what I see the bink value itself hasnt changed. I already got used to new barret so I dont think its necessary. And you can still own ret user with an auto

Im chill like that