Author Topic: ctf_NoMap  (Read 6604 times)

Offline MaVeRiCk/PaT0!

• Soldier
  • ex-mapper
    • Soldat Brasil
ctf_NoMap
« on: January 30, 2010, 04:35:04 pm »

Offline Jakious

• Soldier
Re: ctf_NoMap
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 09:50:32 pm »
What the heck ???
Maverick??????

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 06:54:13 am »
Huashas, you could revive Ctf_Worldtour with this.
Otherwice.. What a bad joke, maverick.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 07:26:16 am »
The name fits this map in a very good way to be absolutly honest. Corners in which you will get stuck are always fun. Try to make it a little bit more round and think of nicer scenery. Please.

Also: You should actually think what a player will do to reach the flag / to evade attacks if he takes a route. For example: a player that takes the top route (and doesn´t get stuck in that hole) would collide with that black square over the flag base. It´d be best to move that square somewhere it won´t hurt the gameplay.

Offline Mr. America

• Soldier
  • Watch out for the blablabla!
    • My arcor homepage. There are just my maps.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 11:20:36 am »
This a satiric joke towards the dead mapperscene.  [retard]

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 08:59:39 pm »
The name fits this map in a very good way to be absolutly honest. Corners in which you will get stuck are always fun. Try to make it a little bit more round and think of nicer scenery. Please.

My reply said by Mr. America:
This a satiric joke towards the dead mapperscene.  [retard]

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 09:49:30 pm »
The layout is decent enough to be somewhat original anyway. The death of ze "mappers" scene is good, hell, maybe some went out to actually practice on their own, (yes, omg, the miracle has happened?) rather than wait and feed off of others' s**t ideas and fail at trying to make pancakes out of turds. Hopefully the goonies are doing something useful with their free time, in stead of excrement-generation attempt to experiment with different types of terrains, sceneries, sketch stuff first, god damn it. I map because I like to make maps, not because I have the insatiable need to post unoriginal failure on the forums in order to grow e-penix and gain critical acclaim (Why the f**k don't you do the same?).

M/pato, the goonies part doesn't involve you unless you consider yourself involved.

Eyeball my signature.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:07:02 pm by Horve »

Offline Jakious

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 10:54:43 pm »
Can't believe I got a warn for posting that in this thread, anyway well said vig.
And lol at darkcrusade XD

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 03:26:01 pm »
The layout is decent enough to be somewhat original anyway. The death of ze "mappers" scene is good, hell, maybe some went out to actually practice on their own, (yes, omg, the miracle has happened?) rather than wait and feed off of others' s**t ideas and fail at trying to make pancakes out of turds. Hopefully the goonies are doing something useful with their free time, in stead of excrement-generation attempt to experiment with different types of terrains, sceneries, sketch stuff first, god damn it. I map because I like to make maps, not because I have the insatiable need to post unoriginal failure on the forums in order to grow e-penix and gain critical acclaim (Why the f**k don't you do the same?).

M/pato, the goonies part doesn't involve you unless you consider yourself involved.

Eyeball my signature.

ahah faggot

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 04:51:36 pm »
I map because I like to make maps, not because I have the insatiable need to post unoriginal failure on the forums in order to grow e-penix and gain critical acclaim (Why the f**k don't you do the same?).
We all have our own reasons to post maps here. If it's growing e-penix, let it be, who cares. It doesn't matter to me what are mappers' intentions if I enjoy playing/testing their new maps.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 06:51:23 pm »
I map because I like to make maps, not because I have the insatiable need to post unoriginal failure on the forums in order to grow e-penix and gain critical acclaim (Why the f**k don't you do the same?).
We all have our own reasons to post maps here. If it's growing e-penix, let it be, who cares. It doesn't matter to me what are mappers' intentions if I enjoy playing/testing their new maps.

Enjoying maps is great, but unfortunately utter garbage enters the official maps list. Whoever made the decision of composing the beta testing maps list should be crucified on their own bones, regardless of how much disrespect they have for mapping. Testing and enjoying playing maps has nothing to do with making and knowing anything about maps. It has been proven by the so-called "modified" versions of the defaults. I rest my case. Whoever is responsible for that armageddon should be scheduled to be eaten alive. I sure hope it isn't you, Suow. You have the responsibility of a global moderator now, so your e-penis has grown quite a lot, actually. Oh snap.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
- Plato

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 08:16:23 pm »
I infact agree with Horve. This whole mapping pandemonium is flushing my precious soldat memories down to the toilethole.
Peolpe who has played Soldat or mastered certain skills during atleast these last 5 years (Except the Duz and Loner who reeks of
overdoing and the lack of the feeling of togetherness) should feel the same.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:03:24 pm by smiluu »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 10:03:07 pm »
In other words, it's all about "memories" and favorite ricochet spots? Those "certain skills" aren't skills if a slight change in polygons makes them useless. If your general skills are good enough - you can win on any map, without relying on those "certain skills".

You might be ok playing same old maps year after year, but many other players are getting sick of them. Soldat needs change, it needs something fresh.

Like I've said before: if you don't like those kinds of changes - you shouldn't even stick with new versions of Soldat. You'll get nothing good out of them. Go back to 1.2 and make yourself a server, otherwise you'll never be happy.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 10:13:28 pm »
or you make your s**t maps and keep them on your server without raping default soldat maps?
Why change something that is supreme at it's current state just because you/group of ???? have decided that it is too boring/ getting sick of soldat?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 10:23:14 pm by Horve »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 10:18:05 pm »
Why change something that is good at it's current state just because you have decided that it is too boring?
Isn't it you who decided that current maps are in good state? There are balance issues and known polybugs that are often abused. Not no mention that they just look ugly.
There are many good remakes that deal with all of those issues. There's no reason to whine about them too. And there are many players who like the changes. You sound as if your point of view is the only one that matters.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 10:21:21 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 10:22:32 pm »
Those maps have the right to look ugly, because their ugliness has, with time, turned into the so-called default style. That's actually the reason why any remake imaginable can not replace the previous years of their burning and turning the ugliness into "beauty". However, if someone was to just polish/fix the bugs without ravaging anything else, that could do the trick. Remastering/ polishing, might work. Remaking, no deal.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 10:24:08 pm by Horve »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 10:40:57 pm »
I know how it feels, but not everyone understands and likes that "default style". Sure some feel nostalgic about it, but for newcomers it's just ugly sticking out polygons. They haven't been playing on these maps for years, and with maps in current state - I doubt they will. New players is what Soldat's really lacking lately - servers are becoming more and more empty.

One day new maps will too become Soldat's style and new players will have their own nostalgic feelings about them too (and perhaps you too, if you try to see the good side about the remakes instead of completely rejecting them). But that will never happen if we don't take even a single step forward.

Staying in place won't lead Soldat anywhere. It'll just rot until even most devoted players get bored and quit.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 10:43:49 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 03:21:46 am »
Enjoying maps is great, but unfortunately utter garbage enters the official maps list. Whoever made the decision of composing the beta testing maps list should be crucified on their own bones, regardless of how much disrespect they have for mapping. Testing and enjoying playing maps has nothing to do with making and knowing anything about maps. It has been proven by the so-called "modified" versions of the defaults. I rest my case. Whoever is responsible for that armageddon should be scheduled to be eaten alive. I sure hope it isn't you, Suow. You have the responsibility of a global moderator now, so your e-penis has grown quite a lot, actually. Oh snap.
The only thing you have proven is your opinion, I'll add it into sea of near 200 opinions, that is given for us. I disagree with several maps, I don't see good reason for gameplay changes in popular default maps. If map is not popular or liked, there's nothing wrong to tweak it. If you think I'm abusing my powers by allowing this goal for tweaking happening, feel free to sue me for the admins.

BETA is not the same as official version. Nothing related maps is written in stone yet. Nobody can be crusified for a crime that is not done.

Nostalgy reasons mean very little. In the end question is if map is better or worse than original. The better gets added.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 04:39:50 am by Suowarrior »

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 10:33:58 am »
I know how it feels, but not everyone understands and likes that "default style". Sure some feel nostalgic about it, but for newcomers it's just ugly sticking out polygons. They haven't been playing on these maps for years, and with maps in current state - I doubt they will. New players is what Soldat's really lacking lately - servers are becoming more and more empty.

One day new maps will too become Soldat's style and new players will have their own nostalgic feelings about them too (and perhaps you too, if you try to see the good side about the remakes instead of completely rejecting them). But that will never happen if we don't take even a single step forward.

Staying in place won't lead Soldat anywhere. It'll just rot until even most devoted players get bored and quit.

I do not see how remakes can progress soldat in any way. The only reason I can imagine for someone to want to remake a classic is that somebody is trying to attach his name to a map he shouldn't even have any editing access to. You are right, Soldat must move forward, but are you good enough to keep up with the pace? Are you good enough to make soldat go forward rather than backwards/ stay in the same spot?
The only thing you have proven is your opinion, I'll add it into sea of near 200 opinions, that is given for us. I disagree with several maps, I don't see good reason for gameplay changes in popular default maps. If map is not popular or liked, there's nothing wrong to tweak it. If you think I'm abusing my powers by allowing this goal for tweaking happening, feel free to sue me for the admins.

BETA is not the same as official version. Nothing related maps is written in stone yet. Nobody can be crusified for a crime that is not done.

Nostalgy reasons mean very little. In the end question is if map is better or worse than original. The better gets added.
Since when have you been competent to decide anything? You can add my opinion to the sea of a thousand armies of the Persian Empire. Unlike you, I have the luxury of not giving a crap about your opinions, actions or failures regardless of your race, age, gender and level of deformation, until you get in the way of Soldat. As for the maps: the possibly "better" version doesn't necessarily mean that it's good enough to replace the old ugly+nostalgic+aged maps.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 11:57:10 am by Horve »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 03:25:48 pm »
I do not see how remakes can progress soldat in any way. You are right, Soldat must move forward, but are you good enough to keep up with the pace? Are you good enough to make soldat go forward rather than backwards/ stay in the same spot?
Me? I'm not perfect. But that's why all remakes are posted here for everyone to see and critique.
Original maps weren't made by a god. They're not perfect and they all have their issues. Only reason they're popular is because they're default and have always been there. But if they were released just now - many of them wouldn't grab much attention.

You keep asking for a reason, and yet you close your eyes and plug your ears when you are given one:
There are balance issues and known polybugs that are often abused. Not no mention that they just look ugly.
There are many good remakes that deal with all of those issues.

*I only care about my opinion kind of crap*
As for the maps: the possibly "better" version doesn't necessarily mean that it's good enough to replace the old ugly+nostalgic+aged maps.
In other words - they're bad even if they're good. And the reason would be?...

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 05:33:36 pm by L[0ne]R »