Author Topic: Polyworks can't load map  (Read 2056 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Polyworks can't load map
« on: January 30, 2010, 11:10:03 pm »
Several months ago I was working on inf_Moonshine remake and everything went well until I closed Polyworks. The next day when I tried to open my unfinished remake with polyworks - I got an "error when loading scenery elements". This happens both with compiled and uncompiled version. I tried loading the map with MapMaker 1.2 and it loaded just fine. Soldat itself also loads the map with no errors.

I want to continue working on Moonshine remake but I can't do that without Polyworks.

I managed to recover polygons. I can get objects, waypoints and colliders from the original Moonshine since they haven't changed much. All I need is the scenery settings from the remake.
I'd REALLY appreciate if someone could get the map (or sceneries at least) working.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:11:36 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
Re: Polyworks can't load map
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 01:53:25 am »
Have you tried the latest polyworks? It fixed the same bug with ctf_X, which was also one map that you couldn't open in polyworks, but now you can.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 02:36:03 am »
here you go...
and don't mess with all those uber stretched sceneries...

uncompiled version attached
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 03:01:53 am by VirtualTT »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 03:02:33 pm »
Have you tried the latest polyworks? It fixed the same bug with ctf_X, which was also one map that you couldn't open in polyworks, but now you can.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest one (1.5.0.6), but it still can't load the sceneries. :S

here you go...
and don't mess with all those uber stretched sceneries...

uncompiled version attached
My hero <3 <3 <3
It works now, thanks a lot. Now I might finally finish it and post it maybe in 2-3 days.

I used uber-stretched sceneries in some of my other remakes, but they opened fine all this time. Though maybe in case of Moonshine I went a bit overboard. :S I'll try to keep them low. Again, thanks a lot for fixing it.

How did you do it though? What was the problem?
This info might be helpful to Fryer too, since he wasn't sure what was the problem either.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 03:28:32 pm »
Scaling sceneries to like 200X causes "error when loading scenery elements" error... Probably an overflow. And on you map some where scaled to 3000000% omfg... So I suggest not to stretch sceneries too much...