Author Topic: REQUEST: MODERN WARFARE 2 MOD  (Read 2401 times)

Offline TheWind

• Major
REQUEST: MODERN WARFARE 2 MOD
« on: February 06, 2010, 04:31:55 am »
So im requesting that could somebody make a modern warfare 2 soldat mod with all the weapons, sounds, weapon attachments and such, i know that would be a big project but i think the result could be awesome :)

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
Re: REQUEST: MODERN WARFARE 2 MOD
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 05:39:29 am »
Just looked at forum. It'd good to write something at least one time for few months ;D

Yea, as always "somebody do it". I realised that making CoD mods for Soldat is sensless when I was helping Dairy, when he was makind his CoD4 mod. Find topic about it and read it and you should see it's imposible.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 05:48:09 am by PaFel »

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 08:56:44 am »
Making CoD MW2 mod is possible. Weapon stats and stuff are easy to replicate, so as their graphics and gosteks. One main problem about it is getting the weapon sounds.

Even then, i agree with Pafel here that its senseless to make. Since CoD relies heavily on tactics. while soldat is just a matter of running/jump/jetting around dodging bullets while you try to 'skillfully' take out your opponent.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 09:59:22 am »
I sent dairy an link with the sounds, but then he had some rl problems and had to leave.

@ scout- LOL
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 10:39:04 am »
Those were propably sounds from modding pack for CoD. Don't want to argue but I remember sending those sounds to Dairy though he minght have lost 'em. Anyway those were only shoot sounds, no reload sounds so still they were useless.

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 01:06:01 pm »
@ scout- LOL

Heh, was just speaking my mind :\.

Offline OmicronAlpha

• Major(1)
  • Soldat forums mod creator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 07:38:15 am »
Hey guys, i am new here, but am not a complete noob at modding. I am working on a MDW2 mod at the moment, but like you said, tactics, sound, balance, and the like are real hard to factor in. I'm settling for alternative sounds and picked weapons of choice(because of limited weapon options) and am going to release it as a beta version until i can get the proper sounds. I am also working on new bots(with the proper names and weapons).
"I am coming to get you kid, coming to pay you back for all the misery you caused me!" -homealone3

Mods:Currently working on MDW2 mod-expect early beta release withing a week from now...

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 07:43:35 am »
And I have a question Omicron... why aren't you posting it as WIP yet? I mean show us what you have and we will say what's good or wrong.
I would be pleased to see a topic with everything you have well explained