Author Topic: pick up weapons  (Read 6620 times)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: pick up weapons
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 04:44:33 am »
here you go, a demo of how the laggy pick up works, note: the warp is only because of it's a demo, it is NOT a lag spike(my ping is 16 _ALL_ the time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72fUMCWLCOo

.flv file Download: http://download521.mediafire.com/zi2zmdj11f4g/xmmxvyrhmyt/laggy+Pick+up.flv
.flv file Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?xmmxvyrhmyt
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:50:28 am by -Major- »

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 07:07:10 am »
Uhhh.... hmmh..
Did you try to run your own server and test it there?
And about which warp are you talking about? there was one while you was trying to take the knife, and one before the video starts.
All I can think of is that a knife was laying(really) a bit to the left. You jumped over it, then walked back to it.
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2010, 01:02:04 pm »
Uhhh.... hmmh..
Did you try to run your own server and test it there?
And about which warp are you talking about? there was one while you was trying to take the knife, and one before the video starts.
All I can think of is that a knife was laying(really) a bit to the left. You jumped over it, then walked back to it.

if you look at the video, I grab the knife when I'm precisly above it, when you turn quickly you warp a bit in demos (slightly in game), but still the problem is that you can't pick up the weapon.

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2010, 03:42:54 pm »
My laptop lags, so this video isn't smooth for me. But I watched it thousand of times and explained what happened. Are you listening?
You took the knife when you was one meter to the left from knife. It was the real position of it.
And have you tried running your own server and testing it there? Try it and stop this discussion.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:45:30 pm by Neosano »
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2010, 05:57:39 pm »
My laptop lags, so this video isn't smooth for me. But I watched it thousand of times and explained what happened. Are you listening?
You took the knife when you was one meter to the left from knife. It was the real position of it.
And have you tried running your own server and testing it there? Try it and stop this discussion.
OFFLINE =/= ONLINE, why would it matter if I try to host some home based dedicated server and test this? when the porblem is when you're playing ONLINE.

also, no, I picked it up when I was standing on the knife, I would know, as I was playing.
if you go frame by frame, you will see I stand on the knife when I pick it up.

are you trying to defend something when it's obvious it isn't working?.... are you christian?

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2010, 07:51:29 am »
That's just OMG.
He just said that running a server and joining it would not work in the same way as joining some random server. Just awesome. bye
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

DarkCrusade

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2010, 12:43:37 pm »
I had a laugh.

Now lock this topic before Major blames himself even more than he did just now.

Oh god

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2010, 02:35:12 pm »
That's just OMG.
He just said that running a server and joining it would not work in the same way as joining some random server. Just awesome. bye
Isn't that actually true in a way?
If you join a server that you host yourself - you'll have 0 ping. So all those eats and such won't happen unless there are other players on your server who have much higher pings.

Haven't read the rest of the comments.
This topic is too boring to make a fun sh*tfight.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2010, 02:43:16 pm »
Uhh.... All you have to do is roll on the ground to get the weapon if it's on the ground....
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

DarkCrusade

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2010, 03:06:16 pm »
@Loner: If you join your own server bots will start eating.

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2010, 03:25:11 pm »
That's just OMG.
Isn't that actually true in a way?
If you join a server that you host yourself - you'll have 0 ping. So all those eats and such won't happen unless there are other players on your server who have much higher pings.

Haven't read the rest of the comments.
This topic is too boring to make a fun sh*tfight.
Oh... if you're that kind of guy - make your server lag on purpose.
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2010, 03:56:49 pm »
You took the knife when you was one meter to the left from knife.
You can't tell for sure where he was. He warped when he picked up the knife. Maybe watching the video 1000 times wasn't enough.

you're that kind of guy
I'm glad you finally noticed how awesome I am. <3

anyway, Neosano, Major:
Don't you see how pointless it is to keep arguing? Neither of you ever seen Soldat's source code, so I doubt that any of you know how it all works (or doesn't work) and what the problem is. All you're doing is imagining things and trying to prove each other's imagination wrong.

Stop embarrassing yourself, give each other a hug and leave this problem to the dev s .

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2010, 05:47:57 pm »
difference is, I have programmed, neosano haven't (maybe some pascal for soldat server scripting).

and no, why would I play on a home hosted server if it worked (since I would connect to a localhost), when the problem is at other servers, like, soldatserver.net, soldatgather.net, outcry.u13.net, server.soldatna.com, bazoooka.net and server.selfkill.com (which are pretty much the ONLY servers you get to play on).

and yes, arguing with this 13 year old is quite pointless, just waiting for SpiltCofee to actually talk with enesce (since he just starts crying when I do).

DarkCrusade

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2010, 06:15:36 pm »
I love how you think you understand everything but actually understand nothing at all. It´s about time that you figure out that noone except EnEsCe (and MM) knows how the servers work and that this discussion is pointless other than that you show everyone how interesting your personality is.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2010, 06:22:30 pm »
.... netcodes are ussualy not that far appart from one and another. you mostlikely got no idea what you're talking about, just like neosano, you're just here to defend your retarded friend (who apperently doesn't even know what AI is).

DarkCrusade

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2010, 06:59:20 pm »
Don´t you dare to even try to imagine why I am posting here since that has no point either. You are a troll, that´s all (in a way you are a successful troll, but I´m not going to tell you in which way, go figure it out yourself but outside and not in front of your computer).

Because this is going nowhere I´ll just refrain from posting here again.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2010, 07:27:00 pm »
you should have refrained from posting 2360 posts ago

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2010, 06:05:34 am »
Crusade, neverming. This thread is a joke. Anyway I feel sad for him.

End of discussion.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:10:42 am by Neosano »
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2010, 06:31:38 am »
Crusade, neverming. This thread is a joke. Anyway I feel sad for him.

End of discussion.
well... I'm not the one denying it when there's video proof ._.

Offline MorlanV

• Major(1)
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2010, 12:07:30 pm »
oh, so MM coded single player that you have 100% chance of picking up weapon and 25% chance in multiplayer

you're retarded major
who's retarded? online play uses a netcode, offline don't. since offline is SOLIDLY diffrent from online, it's a SOLID problem in the netcode, and NOT a TEMPORARLY SYNC ERROR.
If this is too advanced for your small s**tty brains to understand, refrain from posting. I bet only kike 1% of soldat actually know about the offline and online diffrences, and if you don't know about it, you are retarded (and therefore shouldn't post here).

Offline doesn't use the internet, online does.
offline doesn't have sync problems, online does.
offline doesn't use a netcode, online does.
offline doesn't have retarded people like Major, online does.