Author Topic: The voting window  (Read 1094 times)

Offline $niper

• Major(1)
The voting window
« on: April 30, 2010, 04:17:48 pm »
Any chance of reducing the size of this thing or making it less distracting somehow?
Flying through the air with total concentration just about to shoot someones head off with the barret when BOOM! up comes the massive box grabbing your attention and asking if you want to kick someone or want to vote another map and then the next thing you know you're on the ground being stabbed to death.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:19:21 pm by $niper »
$niping|Ninja

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: The voting window
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 04:35:44 pm »
Yeah, it is distracting...
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 09:45:28 pm »
While we're on the topic of voting, can we have the option to disable voting server-side?
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 11:37:01 pm »
As an alternative to window, votes could be shown simply as a line of small-sized text.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 08:19:07 am »
And another suggestion about voting: Admins should be allowed make votes instantly after joining the server. (It's ridiculous that they have to wait 2 minutes).
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 08:36:42 am »
Admins can just use commands like /nextmap, /map <xy>, /ban id, /kick id ....

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 08:49:21 am »
... but sometimes you don't want to be authoritarian. That's why sometimes I want to do /votemap instead of /map especially when I've just joined the server.