Author Topic: team nade color  (Read 7492 times)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
team nade color
« on: May 22, 2010, 04:36:22 pm »
so, what about having colors on nades? red for alpha, blue for bravo etc

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
Re: team nade color
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 04:39:38 pm »
I like it. Would be handy being able to determine whether that nade at your feet is going to boost you or dismember you. A good server option. F12
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 04:44:12 pm »
Turned off by default, sure. Do I think it's a good idea? No. Making everything convenient and predictable is bad.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 04:56:07 pm »
F11, I see absolutely no need for that. :/
Not even as an option. If every feature is added as "an option" - we'll end up with config file the size of Tolstoy's "War and Peace". Features that don't improve anything shouldn't be added in the first place.

Making everything convenient and predictable is bad.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 04:58:55 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 06:22:34 pm »
F11, I see absolutely no need for that. :/
Not even as an option. If every feature is added as "an option" - we'll end up with config file the size of Tolstoy's "War and Peace". Features that don't improve anything shouldn't be added in the first place.

Making everything convenient and predictable is bad.
how doesn't it improve the game? Oo
and no.. you're supposed to have almost full control in the game (it is not a chaotic game), so making things easier to see wouldn't be bad.

or alternavtly, have nades in the gostek folder for each team. so you can change color or type of nade for the teams.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:25:06 pm by -Major- »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 06:56:25 pm »
I just think that doing this is like taking the risk out of gambling. You people hate it when things don't go your way but complain about the game not being challenging enough at the same time.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 03:41:04 am »
Hey, I've got another idea. Paint bravo bullets blue and alpha bullets red. You know... just to be sure who is shooting at you.

Offline Neosano

• Camper
  • IIAWAK!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 03:45:16 am »
Hey, I've got another idea. Paint bravo bullets blue and alpha bullets red. You know... just to be sure who is shooting at you.
ahahahhahaha

f11
KAWAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 01:48:24 pm »
and no.. you're supposed to have almost full control in the game (it is not a chaotic game), so making things easier to see wouldn't be bad.

or alternavtly, have nades in the gostek folder for each team. so you can change color or type of nade for the teams.
It actually IS a chaotic game to some extent. In every game there always are elements of risk, luck and unpredictability.
How does it not improve the game - different-colored nades take away some of those elements.

Why would you need to see which team the nade belongs to in the first place? If friendly fire is turned on - it won't matter whose nade it is. Even if it's off, what are you gonna do if the nade belongs to your teammate? Jump right on it to boost yourself? Cases when this would be useful would be rare because you have to be lucky for your teammate's nade to be in the right place and the right time. And if that does happen - in most cases your teammate will be close enough and you'll see that it's him throwing the grenade, so you won't need any colors to know whose nade it is.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 01:52:44 pm »

It actually IS a chaotic game to some extent. In every game there always are elements of risk, luck and unpredictability.
How does it not improve the game - different-colored nades take away some of those elements.

Why would you need to see which team the nade belongs to in the first place? If friendly fire is turned on - it won't matter whose nade it is. Even if it's off, what are you gonna do if the nade belongs to your teammate? Jump right on it to boost yourself? Cases when this would be useful would be rare because you have to be lucky for your teammate's nade to be in the right place and the right time. And if that does happen - in most cases your teammate will be close enough and you'll see that it's him throwing the grenade, so you won't need any colors to know whose nade it is.
those situations occure like 2-3 times per map...

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 01:59:41 pm »
Don't know, personally I don't remember many cases when I actually cared about whose nade it is. In the end it still comes down to aiming and dodging skills.

Besides, the main point still is:
In every game there always are elements of risk, luck and unpredictability.

It's not a bug or a problem - it's a challenge. Only problems and bugs should be fixed, and challenges should be left alone.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 03:02:59 pm »
Even tho I understand why people say this is ridiculous.

I think I'm gonna F12 it. :)

It would be nice if more elements had separate folders for alpha and bravo team.
(Like nades and bullets.)
This way the choice is all yours. ;)

DarkCrusade

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 04:04:31 pm »
This is just hilarious considering that you should be able to see whos nade is the one lying in front of you from judging the people around you. And if there are grenades by different people you just dodge them.

Stop making Soldat more complicated whilst telling yourself you are making it better because you ain't.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 05:24:31 pm »
Soldat is supposed to be equivalent to random war, during the war you wouldn't be able who had thrown the grenade :) F11

Im chill like that

Offline Toxic Avenger

• Major
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 05:53:25 pm »
Ehrm WHAT?! F11.

ALL nades should kill you.

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 06:33:16 pm »
Don't turn soldat into gay parade where each teams shots and grenades are colored. Maybe color their urine too? When they /piss

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 06:44:29 pm »
Don't turn soldat into gay parade where each teams shots and grenades are colored. Maybe color their urine too? When they /piss
you don't get it, do you?
nades based on teams = more modding abilities. like having weapons gfx on teams = more modding abilities.

Offline Madow

• Major
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 07:21:53 pm »
No for me. It seems kinda pointless, the only thing that should distinguish different teams is their uniform and scoreboards (not kill logs). Plus it'd make the gameplay unnecessarily easier for some.
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 07:24:10 pm »
nades based on teams = more modding abilities. like having weapons gfx on teams = more modding abilities.

We don't need more things for 'easy pr0' mods to exploit.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline squiddy

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • Flagger assassin
    • SoldatX
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 10:02:20 pm »
Wow, I'd say F11 over and over again.

As pretty much people said, it ruins the unpredicability of the game.

During a war, no matter if the grenade comes from your friend or not, it will pretty much hurt you.

Soldat is a War-Based game; it should have lots - or at least a big part - of the aspects of a real war.

If you guys continue, you'll turn Soldat into a Killing-Rainbow.

F11 for sure.
www.soldatx.com.br - The brazilian Soldat community.