Author Topic: Chainsaw  (Read 2055 times)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Chainsaw
« on: May 24, 2010, 02:11:42 pm »
it needs +999999 dmg and about 10-20% longer range and fireinterval 1 or 0 (0 gives infinite ammo tho).

I don't know about the packet size with this tho ;3

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
Re: Chainsaw
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:40:49 pm »
Fire interval lower than 3 makes weird stuff happen and I don't see the point of this upgrade anyway...

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:31:38 pm »
Fire interval lower than 3 makes weird stuff happen and I don't see the point of this upgrade anyway...
to make chainsaw useable -.-

it is already useful, if it just didn't have a 66% eat ratio.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 03:48:32 pm »
Isn't it possible to just set it to continuous fire (packet would send only on/off instead of separate packets for each "shot")? I heard it's made like that for minigun (though it still lags horribly :S ).

It doesn't sound like there's too many packets that need to be sent when using saw. Less than when using other guns, since like I said, saw is continuous fire and separate shots don't matter.

Offline 10th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 03:59:35 pm »
Damage has already been increased, FireInterval changed to 1, and the reload time has been removed in the beta. Range has been decreased to improve hit detection when you're so close that you're standing on one another.

The chainsaw is now as good as it can get by modding through the weapon configuration file. If you want further improvements you'll have to suggest new ideas in the Game Improvements / Suggestions subforum.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 06:18:06 am »
Damage has already been increased, FireInterval changed to 1, and the reload time has been removed in the beta. Range has been decreased to improve hit detection when you're so close that you're standing on one another.

Sounds very good :)

Thank you