Poll

What to do with the minigun?

Remove.
Replace.
Keep it.

Author Topic: Remove/Replace the minigun.  (Read 9869 times)

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
Re: Remove/Replace the minigun.
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 04:13:03 pm »
I'm a devout minigun user when I play. In LAN and bot play, it's excellent for control. The large amounts of bullets means a lot of binked enemies. The pushback allows you to discourage people from going certain ways and keep them from getting too close to you. The only issue is the netcode. I have sat infront of someone with a minigun and unloaded a whole clip into them, and they claimed every single bullet flew over their head, and that they were at max health.

In short, keep the minigun, fix or work around the netcode issues.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 06:45:34 pm »
nah, I just say to modify its stats.
Pls use my amazing interface:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=27584

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline FlaczeQ

• Major(1)
  • Flying Flat Flaq
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 07:24:46 am »
Make the minigun able to fire only when you duck/prone, lol.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 03:06:51 pm »
Make the minigun able to fire only when you duck/prone, lol.

Yeah, and let's remove the Barrett's ability to 1-hit-kill while we're at it, right?
I'm all for keeping it, and trying to fix the netcode issues.
b&

Offline OpTic|AntiHero

• Major
  • I Am OpTic!
    • OpTic WebSite
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 01:00:23 am »
I hate it people use it for easy caps and spray and makes everyone lag  :| Should change it to something new to spice things up!  ;)

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 04:50:21 am »
Add more dmg and.... its fine  8)
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline killzonea59

• Soldier
  • nut up or shut up :D
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 04:23:41 pm »

I agree, but i think we should lower the fire rate a bit, sorta like the M2's fire rate, up the damage, lower the fire rate.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 06:44:41 pm »

I agree, but i think we should lower the fire rate a bit, sorta like the M2's fire rate, up the damage, lower the fire rate.

So basically a portable M2?
Useless.
b&

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 03:36:59 pm »

Useless.
More useless than current minigun? C'mon.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 04:13:13 pm »

Useless.
More useless than current minigun? C'mon.

Yes, because to me leaving a stand alone weapon be is better than having two identical weapons in stationary and then portable mode.
b&

Offline killzonea59

• Soldier
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 05:37:19 pm »
Unless you switch the guns somehow, put the minigun on a turret and use m2 as minigun slot.
Just lower the damage for m2.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 06:20:17 pm »
Unless you switch the guns somehow, put the minigun on a turret and use m2 as minigun slot.

So you want to add to the weaknesses of the minigun by making it stationary? And add to the strengths of the M2 by making it maneuverable? Lowering it's damage won't be enough.
b&

Offline killzonea59

• Soldier
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 06:35:29 pm »

So you want to add to the weaknesses of the minigun by making it stationary? And add to the strengths of the M2 by making it maneuverable? Lowering it's damage won't be enough.

Well i'm just saying totally switch stats, give the mini's stats to the m2 except for the fire rate, maybe a bit more damage.
and give m2's stats to minigun, maybe not so powerful though, cause it would be difficult to get by an insane spreading minigun with push force.

Offline Auch!

• Major(1)
  • MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2010, 06:56:45 pm »
I'm a devout minigun user when I play. In LAN and bot play, it's excellent for control. The large amounts of bullets means a lot of binked enemies. The pushback allows you to discourage people from going certain ways and keep them from getting too close to you. The only issue is the netcode. I have sat infront of someone with a minigun and unloaded a whole clip into them, and they claimed every single bullet flew over their head, and that they were at max health.

In short, keep the minigun, fix or work around the netcode issues.
THIS
I've been playing Soldat for 5 years now, and the minigun is the only weapon that I find entertaining, challenging, interesting to use, both offensively and deffensively; its difficulties make it enjoyable... its lousy netcode, its underrated status... it's my favorite gun; it is MY gun, as far as I'm concerned.
KEEP
THE
MINIGUN
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:59:09 pm by Auch! »

Offline BEYOND

• Major(1)
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 11:44:43 am »
even though i dont use, dont like, and hate seeing it I don't want it not there. fix any netcode issues and i really like the idea of only allowing one minigun per team. whats worse than trying to attack 3 guys spraying you with a minigun? just based on the basic functions of that weapon i dont think it would be wise to allow an abuse or overuse of it. plus, servers can always choose to not allow it in the weapons list in the first place. problem solved.

Offline LMFAO

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 08:00:05 am »
KILL THE MINIGUN WITH FIRE!
Yeah What Do you Mean??? ;)  :-*
Lukas Babecka

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2010, 03:07:12 pm »
Leave minigun like it is in real life. Real sluggish to carry around and can't move while shooting. Maybe make the player crouch or prone while using it like the LAW. Then of course make it deal more damage. Keep the long reload time. Could be a very tactical weapon in defense or supportive offense. You shouldn't be able to use the minigun to propel yourself in the air like its some rocket pack or something. You could use this new minigun till ammo runs out, then switch to your USSCOM, and go ahead to the other team's base. Or you can stay at your own flag and use minigun like you would use barret. It would push other players away so they couldn't get to the flag if used properly. Good idea?
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 03:53:46 pm »
Leave minigun like it is in real life. Real sluggish to carry around and can't move while shooting. Maybe make the player crouch or prone while using it like the LAW. Then of course make it deal more damage. Keep the long reload time. Could be a very tactical weapon in defense or supportive offense. You shouldn't be able to use the minigun to propel yourself in the air like its some rocket pack or something. You could use this new minigun till ammo runs out, then switch to your USSCOM, and go ahead to the other team's base. Or you can stay at your own flag and use minigun like you would use barret. It would push other players away so they couldn't get to the flag if used properly. Good idea?

In real life a XM218 would do a lot worse things than pushing you back.
Ever watched Rambo 4, where he aims a 50. at point blank at some guy's torso? That's what happens with the minigun, only faster.
b&

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010, 04:49:06 pm »

Ever watched Rambo 4, where he aims a 50. at point blank at some guy's torso? That's what happens with the minigun, only faster.

Obviously I'm not saying the whole game should be realistic. But most games do benefit from adding realistic features to the game.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 09:46:24 am »

Obviously I'm not saying the whole game should be realistic. But most games do benefit from adding realistic features to the game.

We already have a realistic physics engine, and somewhat realistic weapon balance. (Note: I said "somewhat", cause I know for a fact it's not even close to perfect)
b&