Author Topic: How do you change the colour of your skin to any colour when you register?  (Read 5799 times)

Offline XxDominoxX

• Major(1)
  • Inster comment _____ and here _____
the heading is the question
Chuck Norris invented the giraffe when he uppercutted a horse

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
uhm...
wtf?
you want to know how to edit skin colors?
Start soldat -> go to "player" and search
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
uhm...
wtf?
you want to know how to edit skin colors?
Start soldat -> go to "player" and search

uhm...
wtf?
there's only three colours to pick from. Did you know that by either modifying the .ini or using a special program, you can pick any colour you like?

Domino, you can modify the colour manually in Soldat\Profiles\name.ini - skin_color
You change it by putting in an RGB hex (whatever) value. The format is $00RRGGBB (the first two digits after the dollar sign are always zero) If you want red skin, you modify the string to look like this: skin_color=$00FF0000

Google RGB hex to find out the colours.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Dusty
You sure it's RGB? I was trying to change it manually before, and the result was always not what I expected. I remember a thread where EnEsCe himself stated that the color format for skin works differently. But I can't find that thread. :S
upd: woot, found it!
The colour codes are Delphi's "TColor" format. Which is just $AABBGGRR, each letter combo being a HEX value of 00->FF (1->255). You can either use the above $ format, built in colour strings such as clRed, clBlack etc, or an integer representation of the $ code, but that's silly.

Either way, just use Gostek Viewer. IMHO it's the best tool for customizing your soldier: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=465.0

by the way, you don't have to register to change skin color...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 04:57:44 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Dusty
You sure it's RGB?

Haha yea I knew there was something fishy in it. The only difference really is that blue & red have switched places. Every time I change it I have to check which value is which first.

Offline the halo fan

• Camper
  • Mustly the heat of battle is just the begining
L[One]R gostek viewer don't work...

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
L[One]R gostek viewer don't work...

Yes, it does. Make sure you extract it right under your Soldat folder, eg: C:\Soldat\Gostek Viewer\

I can't remember, but it might require you to run it as admin.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
It doesn't if you have registered the game. It only changes soldat.ini, not the .ini files in the profiles directory.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
It doesn't if you have registered the game. It only changes soldat.ini, not the .ini files in the profiles directory.

Oh. In which case, I'm pretty sure if you click the arrow in the top left corner of the gostek viewer, it lets you pick which profile to edit.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Nope, it doesn't.

Offline Old Valiken

• Soldier
  • Don't you know who I am?!
    • My Website
go to your soldat directory. open up profiles. click your config file. not the .txt file.
locate (ctrl+f) skin_color.  here, you'll find =... whatever.  replace skin_color=... with skin_color=65793.
that's black.
if you want like, lime green, make your hair color lime green in soldat.exe while modifying players, go back into your profile config, locate hair_color, and copy/paste the number it gives you for lime green hair to your skin_color. hope that helps. ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 11:48:25 am by Old Valiken »
IF you see anything I have posted in the past, reposted by a person named
Tibneo, that is me! So don't call him an idiot, please! That hurts my feelings. :'(

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
go to your soldat directory. open up profiles. click your config file. not the .txt file.
locate (ctrl+f) skin_color.  here, you'll find =... whatever.  replace skin_color=... with skin_color=65793.
that's black.
if you want like, lime green, make your hair color lime green in soldat.exe while modifying players, go back into your profile config, locate hair_color, and copy/paste the number it gives you for lime green hair to your skin_color. hope that helps. ;)
Hmm, I always put 0 as my skin_color and it gives me black skin.

As to the rest of the topic. I used SSCC - it worked fine.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."