Author Topic: New Weapon  (Read 6199 times)

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
Re: New Weapon
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 03:10:38 am »
One free working developer gives one free working developer's worth of process.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 06:49:40 pm »
Haven't read all the posts but oh well..
First of all - before adding any new weapons - we need to have the current ones well-balanced and properly working.

Soldat already has a plenty of weapons for now. It's true that something new would somewhat refresh the game, but just one or even two weapons wouldn't make Soldat any less broken. I'm just not sure if the effort of adding and balancing new weapons will be worth it.

There were some interesting suggestions for secondaries, such as Riot Shield or Binoculars. In my opinion, those would be more fun than just weapons. But then again, read the first two parahraphs.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 01:56:57 pm »
Can we just have the option of being able to add more ourselves. Leave the current amount of weapons, and if someone wants more in their server then they can have them Simplest solution really.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 02:08:51 pm »
@Shard: Scenario: Public server with 34 weapons, taken from a mod posted on Soldatforums. If someone wanted to play on this server he had to download all the interface and weapon graphics before finally entering the server..

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 03:42:40 pm »
Can we just have the option of being able to add more ourselves. Leave the current amount of weapons, and if someone wants more in their server then they can have them Simplest solution really.
I thought about that too, but I don't think there would be much point in this. 10 Primaries and 4 Secondaries is enough for a mod. There's no need for more. And if you want less - you can always disable some of the weapons. More than what Soldat currently has isn't required for a good mod, and is very hard to balance.

@Shard: Scenario: Public server with 34 weapons, taken from a mod posted on Soldatforums. If someone wanted to play on this server he had to download all the interface and weapon graphics before finally entering the server..
Weapon graphics are very small in size. My internet isn't super fast, but I can download a 500kb map in just 2-3 seconds. A basic weapon mod that includes just weapon-gfx and icons would be tiny (150kb at most).
An average-sized weapon mod (Gostek-gfx, Weapons-gfx, Interface-gfx, Sparks-gfx, Kit textures) shouldn't be bigger than 1mb, which is also not a problem to download.
The only problem is SFX, which can take up from 5mb to 25mb. However, if it's limited to just the most necessary sounds (weapon fire and a few others), and if each sound has a size limit - SFX part of the mod should be about 1-1.5mb, or even less.

So with mods of about 2mb at most - I think downloading them right off the server would be more than possible. Plus, there could always be an option to disable SFX download or mod download as a whole. So I don't think it would be that bad of a feature. In fact, it would make modding much more worth its time, since scripted servers would finally start to LOOK like mods, not just play like ones. I always wanted to see a zombie mod with actual zombies...
Only problem is that Soldat can't load mods on the fly right now. :X

and... it's a whole different topic anyway. :|
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:47:21 pm by L[0ne]R »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 03:49:23 pm »
Gosteks would be a great addition and I'd appreciate it more than weapon modifications, though we are sliding off the original subject a bit ;3

Guys, you want new weapons? Post some original ideas and we'll maybe see

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 01:40:27 am »
It's been decided that no new weapons will ever be introduced. As others have mentioned, OP should have looked at the do not suggest list.

I'm locking this as there's no point in debating how forever non-existant weapons can be.

edit: It seems there is a demand for this thread. Unlocked.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 09:02:07 am by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 04:41:08 pm »
Ok fine, points have been thrown up for no new weapons. I still want to be able to add them, thats my view. Alot fo you seem against it, so how about this:Give us more access to the setting in the weapon mod. I dont want my gun in slot one to have to fire 2 shots, or 5 out of 10 slots to be semi autos. How about that? It would keep to the 10 guns, but allow for a better choice of what the modders want.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 08:01:47 pm »
Ok fine, points have been thrown up for no new weapons. I still want to be able to add them, thats my view. Alot fo you seem against it, so how about this:Give us more access to the setting in the weapon mod. I dont want my gun in slot one to have to fire 2 shots, or 5 out of 10 slots to be semi autos. How about that? It would keep to the 10 guns, but allow for a better choice of what the modders want.

That would give them the ability to make their own game.
Some assholes might actually do it that way.
b&

Offline 10th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 11:57:07 am »
Just to throw my ideas out there, I would like to see the bow from Rambo mode filling the gap between Ruger and Barrett, as well as a weapon that can fire three mini-rockets in quick succession, similar to the Doomsday from Liero.

Offline Radamanthys

• Major(1)
  • marshal
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 11:24:00 am »
Well I liked the idea... but 5 secondary weapons is just too much!

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 11:57:23 am »
Get rid of the cursed Minigun (its novelty is long over-worn), and replace it with the Rambow (simple arrow).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:59:50 am by KYnetiK »
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 12:45:33 pm »
Get rid of the cursed Minigun (its novelty is long over-worn), and replace it with the Rambow (simple arrow).
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=38516.0

Offline Rotem

• Major
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2010, 04:44:40 pm »
how about making an m16? that shots bursts?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 11:51:30 am »
We don't have any burst weapons, so something like that would be an interesting addition. :O A perfect middle between semi and an auto. If not as a new weapon - at least a weapon mod setting that allows that.

Needless to say though, the chances of this being added (or new version of Soldat itself coming out) in the nearest future are near impossible.

Offline xan22

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 04:40:17 pm »
i think they shoould add some kind of lazer that dosnt work all the time so that its not over used and there must be an airstrike as a secondary gun

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2010, 05:03:33 pm »
if there will be a new weapon i will end soldat for sure

by the way please READ THE STICKY and Moderators please lock the topic if they dont :(
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2010, 10:00:09 pm »
We don't have any burst weapons, so something like that would be an interesting addition. :O A perfect middle between semi and an auto. If not as a new weapon - at least a weapon mod setting that allows that.

Needless to say though, the chances of this being added (or new version of Soldat itself coming out) in the nearest future are near impossible.

that would be an interesting addition, however, it requires a loop for OnPlayerShoot which doesnt exist, and due to the lag it would cause (amungst the immense amount of bugs that would pop up), wont, that is why burst weapons dont exist, like you said loner, the chances of it being added are near impossible

would it be possible to add like a grappling hook? like in Worms reloaded (Ninja Rope)(NOT a weapon: Utility)

Xan, that would need newer bullet types, lazer would be extremely buggy, as there would be too much of a chance of them going through polygons, i think this would also need a new format of some sort to use it, would also cause too much lag (needs a higher bullet speed to be effective...etc) why not just make a mod with new gfx and a tweaked weapons.ini? just make sure that if a server you are hosting is using the tweaked weapons.ini, just make sure that players download the mod for it to make it more realistic, check the how tos and stuff in the modding forum, amke sure the weapons.ini is balanced or your server/mod will die quick, also, Airstrike: thats what scripting is for, as that as a Weapon being Selectable in the weapons menu wouldnt work as it needs OnPlayerShoot

darDar is right, if there ever was a new weapon added, it would permanently break soldat, this topic needs to be locked, it isnt going anywhere, sure your ideas are good ppl but i think its time that ppl got to know the game mechanics and scripting a little better before posting ideas (i did :)), some of them:

thats f**kin awesome, wish it could be added

i agree but sometimes its just not possible....

edit: my posts arent as nooby as they were a few month back aye? send me a pm if you agree :), is there any way i can improve? etc, just send me a pm
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:06:54 pm by frosty »
check out my server! click here

If at first you don't succeed, Improvise! :D