Author Topic: Is the developement of this game still alive ?  (Read 37493 times)

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
Re: Is the developement of this game still alive ?
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2010, 02:32:23 pm »
Well, Shoozza does seem to have his mindset fixed at the proper angle, but he doesn't seem to be able to show any results.
I too support his becoming the main dev, but promises alone won't do, this game needs some a (=) at the end of it's equation, and no-one's been able to show it so far.
b&

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2010, 02:39:44 pm »
Well, Shoozza does seem to have his mindset fixed at the proper angle, but he doesn't seem to be able to show any results.
I too support his becoming the main dev, but promises alone won't do, this game needs some a (=) at the end of it's equation, and no-one's been able to show it so far.

Then what about open-source Soldat with Shoozza's main development and project leadership?
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2010, 02:41:52 pm »

Then what about open-source Soldat with Shoozza's main development and project leadership?

Open Soldat is more of a modernized economics statement than a shot at reviving Soldat.
It ain't the same.
b&

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2010, 03:08:57 pm »
You haven't been on these forums long enough to even know about the real issues with EnEsCe(did you know that he intentionally rented servers which artificially showed lower pings than what the ping actually was?), nor how Shoozza has contributed to Soldat. In short: EnEsCe sucks(Isn't trustworthy, as seen multiple times before. Is b***h to the community. Can't deliver, as seen with 1.4.3, 1.5.1 etc) and Shoozza ROCKS(Apart from the fact that he can't deliver openSoldat).

I've been in the background of the forums for a long time (just signed up 2 months ago). I saw some stuff about the artificial pings but never read much of it. I do know some of what Shoozza (spelled it right!) has done, and I see why YOU (the community) are convinced he's the one for Soldat. and it's not that I'm not convinced, I really can't say what it is. I guess I want Shoozza to answer for himself. I think that's my issue, that through out this whole challenge of  EnEsCe's right as a developer he's not around...
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2010, 04:40:15 pm »

You wanna know more about him? Here you go:

- Soldat Wiki (has many informations about his past and connections with EnEsCe & MM)
- Besides ARSSE he also coded the chatMod which - with the last versions - even fixes three Soldat bugs. One of them is the famous (and embarrassing) "invisible F1 menu" bug in deathmatch and rambomatch.
- Some interesting posts concering him as Soldat developer: *click*, *click*, *click* (<-- the reason why EnEsCe didn't want him in development), *click* and *click* (<-- the last two show quite good Shoozza's attitude)
- Also skip through his posts. You will often see him helping people having error-message or other technical problems.

Since this is about getting (a) new developer(s) because the old one resigned, here you have MM's thoughts (from April 2010) about the other concept for Soldat's future: making it open-source.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 05:45:08 pm by Illuminatus »
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2010, 05:17:27 pm »
Btw, who edits soldat.wiki?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2010, 05:21:38 pm »
everyone who wants
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2010, 05:56:46 pm »
Yeah, everyone is allowed to make changes.
But for Shoozza's page: click on history and you can see that most of the text is written by himself, "k" (which is his other/former nickname).

Offline Toxic Avenger

• Major
« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2010, 08:58:09 pm »
by the way, i secretely wish Toumaz'd get on the team because he certainly knows how to handle s**t
This.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2010, 02:14:14 am »
Thank you Illuminatus, that information was very... informing.

About my other argument:
through out this whole challenge of  EnEsCe's right as a developer he's not around...

Anyone want to contact Shoozza? Let us know when you do.

The topic I promised
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:15:53 am by vehicledestroyer »
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #211 on: October 28, 2010, 04:09:18 am »
Yeah, everyone is allowed to make changes.
But for Shoozza's page: click on history and you can see that most of the text is written by himself, "k" (which is his other/former nickname).

yes, and seeing the detail of the article, it creeps the hell outta me
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2010, 07:22:57 am »
Shoozza is trustworthy I've known him for a long time. About Toumaz, from what I can see he's also a person with attitude that I like. Based on IRC conversations he handles in #soldat.devs always helping people out. Word about NSC I was really hoping he could handle his position of soldat main developer. Obviously he couldn't, I hope he will be helping the new dev team he knows a lot of the soldat source code as it was mentioned before. Waiting for "further info which is supposed to be posted by MM when he's ready"
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:24:33 am by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2010, 08:45:54 am »
Well I guess that we cant do anything else than wait for MM's reply.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2010, 04:37:54 pm »
This is a miracle. It took enesce this long to fucking crack...I was waiting for it. It was a matter of time, and for this we all had to suffer so he could have his little enjoyment out of it. What a joke.

GL to the new development...if MM still wants to persist it.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2010, 04:56:23 pm »
Most interested people in development of soldat probably seen MM's reply to question whether he's going to announce sth or not but I'll post it here anyway:
"( MM47 ) sorry, I will answer when I have decided what to say, give me a bit more time" (#soldat.devs @ quakenet.org)
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Firebolt145

• Major(1)
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2010, 05:26:54 pm »
Funnily enough, most of the old 'lolhackers crew' are friends with and respect Shoozza. Pretty sure we'd all support him to do Soldat justice.

Sadly can't say the same about ol' EnEsCe.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2010, 05:41:46 pm »
Yeah, at the moment MM is busy with Link-Dead, polishing it up for next public test-version. I think we need to wait after it is released. The private alpha version is working quite well, just some technical issues. And of course balancing.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2010, 05:55:54 pm »
I'm glad MM is working on his unreleased game and ignoring his released game that doesn't actually have a developer, especially since a paragraph post about what directions he's considering taking is an extremely time consuming process
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2010, 07:18:33 pm »
Yeah, at the moment MM is busy with Link-Dead, polishing it up for next public test-version. I think we need to wait after it is released. The private alpha version is working quite well, just some technical issues. And of course balancing.
What I don't understand is: would it really be that much of a problem for MM to spend a day or two deciding about what should be done about Soldat? It's not like there's a deadline for finishing Link-Dead.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:22:19 pm by L[0ne]R »