Author Topic: Ideas for next soldat version  (Read 8753 times)

Offline chutem

• Veteran
Re: Ideas for next soldat version
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2010, 07:56:32 pm »
I would like to see scripting support in client server. So it will be possible to play various advanced gamemodes locally without need to install and run dedicated server. TW wtf...

I doubt any game has something like this and in my opinion it would be useless feature. You'll play like that once maybe twice and that's all. Running soldatserver is really easy and I don't see a point in doing this.
Useless feature is to have a incomplete build-in server. I doubt many games have dedicated server which players need to run separately from the game client in order to play.
That's actually a good point...
Remove the featureless dedicated server, and replace it with the proper one. Doesn't neccesarily have to be part of the soldat client, a small program like the soldat mod starter could run the dedicated server with chosen scripts via GUI and start the ded. server followed by the client to make it a close enough experience with little work needed.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2010, 04:32:53 am »
I would like to see scripting support in client server. So it will be possible to play various advanced gamemodes locally without need to install and run dedicated server. TW wtf...

I doubt any game has something like this and in my opinion it would be useless feature. You'll play like that once maybe twice and that's all. Running soldatserver is really easy and I don't see a point in doing this.
Useless feature is to have a incomplete build-in server. I doubt many games have dedicated server which players need to run separately from the game client in order to play.
Remove the featureless dedicated server, and replace it with the proper one. Doesn't neccesarily have to be part of the soldat client, a small program like the soldat mod starter could run the dedicated server with chosen scripts via GUI and start the ded. server followed by the client to make it a close enough experience with little work needed.
Wasn't it working like this in earlier soldat version but without ability to run it with scripts? I remember some tick like "Dedicated". Maybe my memory is playing tricks to me.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2010, 08:15:34 am »
Well whatabout this?

Choise that friendly bullets doesn't harm or stop to frendlies. I, and many others would love it on Zombie.

GRR what about this!?

Hm VTT's idea sounds useful.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2010, 08:44:51 am »
Well whatabout this?

Choise that friendly bullets doesn't harm or stop to frendlies. I, and many others would love it on Zombie.

GRR what about this!?

Hm VTT's idea sounds useful.

I don't play Zombie.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2010, 01:28:53 pm »

Wasn't it working like this in earlier soldat version but without ability to run it with scripts? I remember some tick like "Dedicated". Maybe my memory is playing tricks to me.
Yeah, thats the featureless dedicated server that comes packaged with soldat... with no apparent reason why it is instead of the scripting enabled dedicated server which isn't.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2010, 04:33:13 pm »
Always having to watch where you shoot, even if friendly fire is off - I find that an interesting and fun part of Soldat's gameplay, so I think that should be left alone. I played on zombie servers from time to time, and haven't heard anyone complaining about this.

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2010, 09:14:58 am »
Always having to watch where you shoot, even if friendly fire is off - I find that an interesting and fun part of Soldat's gameplay, so I think that should be left alone.
Yes, but as I said, a choise. Especially with bots it could be a big joy. because as we all know, they're stupid  .
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2010, 04:48:32 pm »
Always having to watch where you shoot, even if friendly fire is off - I find that an interesting and fun part of Soldat's gameplay, so I think that should be left alone.
Yes, but as I said, a choise. Especially with bots it could be a big joy. because as we all know, they're stupid  .

I still don't understand what you're trying to say. If you're talking about zombie servers - bots are only on the zombie team. On your team there aren't normally any bots. So your teammates should use their brains to not shoot each other. Also, I can't think of any server that adds bots on YOUR team (other than single-player). Even if there was one - I don't remember seeing bots shooting their teammates. AFAIK, they check for teammates in their line of fire. Even if they don't - my other points are still valid. So there's no point in adding options that most of the time won't be used.

If I misunderstood you - explain in detail what kind of situation are you talking about, because I can't think of one that would make sense.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2010, 05:57:34 pm »
He might mean option to remove bullet collision from friendlies? That way you can fire your spas without worrying about pushing random friendly into zombies, or having a friendly stand in front of your barrett.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

DarkCrusade

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2010, 07:11:32 pm »
This way you'd also make zombies weaker. They use to push each other with their saws if crowded, and this effect would just go *POOF*

F11 on that one..

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2010, 04:33:25 am »
I meaned what Espadon said. But when I was starting to talk about bots, I meaned that joy to singleplayer.
Sorry if I'm insolent.