Author Topic: Soldat now and tomorrow  (Read 63906 times)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
Re: Soldat now and tomorrow
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2010, 01:46:39 am »
amen.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Jazza

• Major(1)
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2010, 06:29:10 am »
Shut the fuck up asshat. You arnt included in the community.

Offline Corporal Dunn

• Major(1)
  • HURR DURR :B
    • Foxconn on Steam
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2010, 07:20:53 am »
Oh look whos saying that! Hahahahaha!

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2010, 08:07:04 am »
Shush...your from broadmeadows LOL. Enough said mate.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2010, 09:09:19 am »
I don't know the guy who wrote that, but I see lots of truth there.
b&

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2010, 10:47:00 am »
Let me give the new devs a good advice. It took MM 7 years to figure out.
Quote from: Michal Marcinkowski
it’s amazing how much you can accomplish if you just sit and code
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:56:38 am by PQ »
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2010, 02:56:43 pm »
I lolled so much about Jazzas post hahahaahhaa
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline Madow

• Major
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2010, 07:43:02 pm »
Shut the f**k up asshat. You arnt included in the community.
This.

I'm glad I don't see you around the Aus pub servers, Clownman.. unless you're aliasing again.
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"

Offline Corporal Dunn

• Major(1)
  • HURR DURR :B
    • Foxconn on Steam
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2010, 03:03:51 am »
I am very impressed how quickly normal threads turn into flamewars. ;]

Offline Wes

• Major(1)
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2010, 02:38:48 am »
yup, open source or a very well selected team that will work well together.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2010, 05:49:30 pm »
Still no valid response from MM. This is getting really annoying...I wonder if he talked with anyone interested in developing soldat...
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2010, 06:01:25 pm »
OK I'm glad we had this talk :).

I'm currently biased with what FliesLikeABrick wrote:

I would choose something like this - not open sourcing it but not being super-selective on who can work on it.  There are a number of people in the community who are very capable developers.  I would say that community members who are known for being strong developers and trustworthy be given subversion access as long as they work together to accomplish the same goals.  That way then can then commit together.

We can try that and later on depending on the results decide to open-source it or not. I'll have a word with people interested in being a dev and let you know what's next.

he's working on it ... give him more than two days.  I'm sure you know how hard it is to get in touch with people all over the world within one or two days.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 06:03:00 pm by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2010, 06:07:55 pm »

I would choose something like this - not open sourcing it but not being super-selective on who can work on it.  There are a number of people in the community who are very capable developers.  I would say that community members who are known for being strong developers and trustworthy be given subversion access as long as they work together to accomplish the same goals.  That way then can then commit together.

We can try that and later on depending on the results decide to open-source it or not. I'll have a word with people interested in being a dev and let you know what's next.

he's working on it ... give him more than two days.  I'm sure you know how hard it is to get in touch with people all over the world within one or two days.

Two days? Wait a second...6 November - 1 November gives woot?? 5 days... Pretty much everyone interested in developing soldat idle constantly at #soldat.devs or visit this forums everyday just to check on news - so I'm sure that they can read and response to whatever PM Michal would have sent them either on forums or over IRC...
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2010, 01:00:01 am »
Everything about Soldat happens in "Bullet Time" speed  ::)

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2010, 05:24:04 am »
Lol that's right.  ;D ``bullet speed´´
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2010, 07:04:56 am »
get some action going on turtles

even my boss wouldn't accept this speed
www.idunwantanpage.com

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2010, 04:16:00 pm »

As much as I'd love to know the final decision about Soldat's future, I do agree that MM could use more time. This decision is not something to be rushed with. Of course I'm not saying we should wait another half a year for his response, but 5 days is too soon. I'd say 2 weeks should be enough (cmon, what's 2 weeks compared to almost 2 years we've been waiting for 1.5.1?)

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2010, 04:20:09 pm »
1.5.1 could be released by now regardless though
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2010, 05:33:56 pm »

As much as I'd love to know the final decision about Soldat's future, I do agree that MM could use more time. This decision is not something to be rushed with. Of course I'm not saying we should wait another half a year for his response, but 5 days is too soon. I'd say 2 weeks should be enough (cmon, what's 2 weeks compared to almost 2 years we've been waiting for 1.5.1?)

I think 2 days is even too long.

Look how patiently we waited for a new version, and received nothing but some crappy details.
MM should know his soldat players have waited long enough and should do this asap.

Its his responsibility now anyway. so hurry the f*ck up. Being nice ain't working anymore seriously.
www.idunwantanpage.com

DarkCrusade

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2010, 05:39:04 pm »
That's bullshit, Meteorisch. Noone is entitled to tell MM anything. It's his game and he may do with it what he wants to do, and if he needs time thinking, it's none of your business to make him come to a conclusion. End of the story.