Author Topic: Soldat now and tomorrow  (Read 63708 times)

Offline RafiPZ

• Soldier
  • You can't spell awesome without ME!
Re: Soldat now and tomorrow
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2010, 05:41:47 pm »
What the heck are you expecting?

MM: Hey, wanna develop soldat?!
Shoozza: kk lawl!

Like he said he's going to try and reach a few guys. At least now we have a response from him and some sort of solution, 2 days is not too long.

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2010, 05:44:14 pm »
whatever i post is useless anyway, this MM needs a kick on the ass, and actually work for what he has created.

Why creating a retarded game like link dead while everyone is focussed on soldat.

Just pisses me off, why the hell would you do such a thing.

If he used to time on soldat instead of LD, soldat would probably be a greater succes then ever. seriously W T F. Well shows what Poland is made of.
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2010, 05:47:39 pm »
End of story*
And as much as I hate to, I agree with Crusade here, you should learn to wait.
Sure, 1.5.1 took WAY too long, same as MM's appearance in here to clear shit up, but making a decision that will affect his actual livelihood isn't something he can just do in 2 days.
b&

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2010, 07:35:07 pm »
whatever i post is useless anyway, this MM needs a kick on the ass, and actually work for what he has created.

Why creating a retarded game like link dead while everyone is focussed on soldat.

Just pisses me off, why the hell would you do such a thing.

If he used to time on soldat instead of LD, soldat would probably be a greater succes then ever. seriously W T F. Well shows what Poland is made of.

Listen, you freakin' asshat. Michal Marcinkowski is working hard and trying to do his best. He needs to move on to better things and in his eyes its link dead, so let him do what he wants.

Also, don't go and make fun of his country, his country has nothing to do with this discussion.

Go to hell.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2010, 11:27:28 pm »
That's bulls**t, Meteorisch. Noone is entitled to tell MM anything. It's his game and he may do with it what he wants to do, and if he needs time thinking, it's none of your business to make him come to a conclusion. End of the story.
The idea that the customers of a product aren't entitled to tell the creator of the product anything is incredibly absurd
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2010, 05:26:12 am »

lol

well, shows how much your argumentation is worth
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

DarkCrusade

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2010, 06:07:53 am »
The idea that the customers of a product aren't entitled to tell the creator of the product anything is incredibly absurd

After all only those of us who paid for Soldat are really customers as there are no monthly fees and you've never seen Soldat in a shop, right? I was not explaining you couldn't tell MM anything, but not to demand him to make an overhasty decision. This is just too important to be rushed.

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2010, 09:10:36 am »
Since everyone's talking about everyone's critical standpoint in light of this situation, id might as well give mine too. After all, its not going to matter anyway.

So. In MY opinion, continue working on LD. Finish it first, since its a new project which has'nt even gone through the first few beta tests- LD v.1 is a good enough start, i'm quite sure there are also a few fans here who want LD to be complete.

Soldat? Leave it to the new devs, if you can find 'em. No, im not suggesting to stop supervising soldat for good, but theres always a little bit of time to check in with the new devs to see how progress is working out.

I would'nt rush this. 2 days to make a critical decision about such thing's isn't going to go well. Not by a long-shot.

Oh and Meteorisch,

Try making a game yourself and actually update it often, alone.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 09:14:01 am by scout »

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2010, 01:21:18 pm »

Oh and Meteorisch,

Try making a game yourself and actually update it often, alone.

I'd if I had the skills.
Michal Marcinkowski is working hard and trying to do his best.
Also, don't go and make fun of his country, his country has nothing to do with this discussion.
Go to hell.

We can't really say now that he is working hard is he. Look at all those years.

Also, have you ever met a few Pole players in this game? Try playing some gathers with em or leagues and see what i'm talking about.

I got warned for my post but people insulted me. How fairsome.
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2010, 01:54:19 pm »
Thanks for pointing out that you don't have any knowledge about making games nor programming in general. People with that level of understanding of what you need to do to make updates, and that as often as possible, shouldn't say anything about that.

You say we can't say he's working hard on LD? Prove the opposite.

You judge whole Poland based on the image of the average 10-year-old boy playing his first shooter game. Awesome.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 02:59:56 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2010, 02:12:06 pm »
imagine what kind of image we would have about the netherlands if we based our opinion solely on meteorich's behavior lol
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2010, 03:21:05 pm »
We can't really say now that he is working hard is he

I´m following Link-Dead´s Dev-Log for around 1 year now and can say without any hesitation that he is...
it is sometimes updated daily, and there have been LOT of changes.

Stop to have a say in things you obviously don´t have any clue of.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2010, 05:17:44 pm »
I know finding the dev team may take a while but its 2010 and arranging a meeting over the internet shouldn't be that hard. MM should atleast release something to get rid of all these hackers, im banning dozens on a daily basis. I'm hosting few public servers and I guess everyone who's hosting soldat servers could agree with me.

Quote from: Meteorisch
Also, have you ever met a few Pole players in this game? Try playing some gathers with em or leagues and see what i'm talking about.

Soldat was and always will be filled with polish players, i'd suggest you stopping whining. I've seen bad nl players also and it's not about their nationality its more about mentality.

Im chill like that

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2010, 05:40:05 pm »
Everything about Soldat happens in "Bullet Time" speed  ::)
MM just got some serious aim-lag. :)
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2010, 06:59:15 pm »
We can't really say now that he is working hard is he

I´m following Link-Dead´s Dev-Log for around 1 year now and can say without any hesitation that he is...
it is sometimes updated daily, and there have been LOT of changes.

And I can add to this that he posted at least one new build every week to the private alpha forum.
This November we already had 5 new builds. So pls don't claim stuff you can't prove.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2010, 07:25:44 pm »
And I can add to this that he posted at least one new build every week to the private alpha forum.
This November we already had 5 new builds. So pls don't claim stuff you can't prove.
So he's released 5 builds for LD in a week but hasn't communicated progress on Soldat, the source of his income, beyond "I think we'll do this"

Excellent

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2010, 09:07:16 pm »
Just look at it this way, MM recruited nsc to take over the development of soldat, so that he can pursue other interests. A few months, even years later, nsc starts to screw things up because of OTHER interests. And then everyone starts to get pissed because of this.

As a result, he in turn resigns because he just could'nt handle the 'pressure' after so many years. And now that he's gone, MM is FORCED to come back and solve the matter because of the community.

Don't you think it's a lil bit extreme to actually start piling all the crap on MM when he already left soldat a year ago?

Do you think one could even get that much momentum to go back to a 'lost' interest in such a short time?

Do you think MM even wants to?

And please, don't give me the 'its his obligation to please the community' because he is not obligated to anything. It's HIS game, its HIS money, its HIS popularity that he has gained throughout the past years because of soldat., and ultimately, its HIS decision to do what he think is right for HIMSELF
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 09:10:42 pm by scout »

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2010, 02:04:51 am »
Don't you think it's a lil bit extreme to actually start piling all the crap on MM when he already left soldat a year ago?

Do you think one could even get that much momentum to go back to a 'lost' interest in such a short time?

Do you think MM even wants to?

And please, don't give me the 'its his obligation to please the community' because he is not obligated to anything. It's HIS game, its HIS money, its HIS popularity that he has gained throughout the past years because of soldat., and ultimately, its HIS decision to do what he think is right for HIMSELF

he's the only one who can do something right now. And if he doesn't, this game will die completely and his only source of income will be cut off. Stop this "LEAVE MM ALONE" crap please

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2010, 02:48:45 am »

he's the only one who can do something right now. And if he doesn't, this game will die completely and his only source of income will be cut off.

I'm sure of that. But do you think rushing him any further would actually make a difference? think about it. its his decision that counts. Not yours.

Stop this "LEAVE MM ALONE" crap please

i never was defending MM in any way. Im just saying this from a persona standpoint as a modder. try making an ambitious mod with pwnz0r graphics and 1337 sounds effects and such. take Espadon's Halo mod for example, after at least a year in development, that mod never took off, since he could'nt finish it.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2010, 03:22:21 am »

he's the only one who can do something right now. And if he doesn't, this game will die completely and his only source of income will be cut off.

I'm sure of that. But do you think rushing him any further would actually make a difference? think about it. its his decision that counts. Not yours.
You're right it's literally impossible to influence someone else's decision and thus we should just shut up and be passive about it