Author Topic: New Soldat Dev Team  (Read 37942 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: New Soldat Dev Team
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2010, 03:28:50 pm »
If they can't be bothered with making a dev blog on some other site - maybe it's worth just adding a DevBlog section to the forums and let them post progress reports there.

P.S. grats, jrgp. :P

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2010, 03:36:57 pm »
I hope jrgp still finds time to keep up our precisious forums :) gratz.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2010, 04:00:44 pm »

Thanks

Yeah, I should since I really have nothing else going on. Thanks.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2010, 05:47:01 pm »
I'm happy to announce jrgp has joined the team.  :)

just becuz he created that easy piece of cake gather website not needed crappy gather system?
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline Boblekonvolutt

• Soldier
  • "YOU are a CAR."
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2010, 06:09:42 pm »
just becuz he created that easy piece of cake gather website not needed crappy gather system?

Stupid pictures aside, jrgp has definitely stepped up to the plate and become a fairly reasonable person. Hopefully a great addition to the team.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2010, 06:49:18 pm »
congratz on the addition to the team jrgp :D

Offline GluLm

• Camper
  • Polybugs' nightmare
    • maps pack project
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2010, 08:16:42 pm »
Yeah right, but he doesn't keep his own soldat-map website on, so I'm unsure about what will come out of this.

Seriously jrgp, where are all these maps that were hosted on YOUR websites instead of these forums, and are not available anymore? (I've tried several times to download them for the past year, and never got to even connect to the website, wtf)
Bring back Soldat 1.3.1! New bullet trails DIE!

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2010, 08:28:08 pm »
Great :)
Congrats jrgp.
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2010, 08:57:34 pm »
Seriously jrgp, where are all these maps that were hosted on YOUR websites instead of these forums, and are not available anymore? (I've tried several times to download them for the past year, and never got to even connect to the website, wtf)

http://tms.jrgp.org (also accessible from http://tms.u13.net) works perfectly fine. Make sure there aren't any entries relating to it in your hosts file as they might be the problem.

congratz on the addition to the team jrgp :D
Great :)
Congrats jrgp.
Thanks

Offline 10th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2010, 10:12:31 pm »
Why would a young man like yourself learn Delphi, jrgp? Have you no future career sense? Might as well learn Cobol while you're at it.

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2010, 04:42:45 am »
Why would a young man like yourself learn Delphi, jrgp? Have you no future career sense? Might as well learn Cobol while you're at it.
Cobol is actually really useful to learn, as all old banking system run them so working as cobol consultant is a way of safeing up your future.

Actually its not at all related to why jrgp was chosen.

If they can't be bothered with making a dev blog on some other site - maybe it's worth just adding a DevBlog section to the forums and let them post progress reports there.

imho it would be better to have devblog section at the forums then a whole new blog as then we already have an audience and ppl dont have to reregister to comment and such.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 04:48:19 am by zakath »

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2010, 05:54:05 am »
It's not like you have to learn everything about the language to be able to understand the code. From what i've seen, Delphi seems to be easy to understand, especially if you already know other languages. Also, knowing several different languages makes it easier to learn new ones (which is a good thing).

imho it would be better to have devblog section at the forums then a whole new blog as then we already have an audience and ppl dont have to reregister to comment and such.
Yepp, the forums is probably the best place for that.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2010, 08:25:57 am »
It's not like you have to learn everything about the language to be able to understand the code. From what i've seen, Delphi seems to be easy to understand, especially if you already know other languages. Also, knowing several different languages makes it easier to learn new ones (which is a good thing).

Yes, for example I've known pascal since 2008 and am very familiar with, php, ruby, python, javascript, sql (unfortunately I'm very used to using mysql's proprietary syntax additions, but oh well), bash (I use 5 all daily) and possibly others. Delphi's syntax is ridiculously easy for me. Sorry for sounding arrogant but I feel like confirming your point.

Yepp, the forums is probably the best place for that.
Yep. I've just created forums for you and the other devs. You guys are mods there and only you can make topics there. http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?board=50.0
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:00:03 am by jrgp »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2010, 04:18:22 pm »

Gratz on the new position.
At least now the devteam has a spark of humor.
b&

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2010, 08:04:32 am »
skoskov(or wtever) stand still on WM? Please, say no, give it to some1 whose already not only PLAY Soldat, but KNOW Soldat, there loads of old fags to do a nice work on WM lamme-mode, it nver been balanced, in fact, ever ever. God-mode is an exemple of how its better to talk to who knows what is going on.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2010, 09:58:40 am »
You should probably do some research on the issue; the WM of the upcoming version is pretty well done.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2010, 11:33:57 am »
skoskov(or wtever) stand still on WM? Please, say no, give it to some1 whose already not only PLAY Soldat, but KNOW Soldat, there loads of old ***s to do a nice work on WM lamme-mode, it nver been balanced, in fact, ever ever. God-mode is an exemple of how its better to talk to who knows what is going on.
Way ahead of you broseph
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2010, 12:36:02 pm »
I didnt played for, like, more than six months(mastah college). Anyway, that discussion on sctfl about balance, i rly dont give a fuck, cuz that balance is not well done. Besides, the result of all those discussion (i read some) is a certain of shits comming from heaven on our heads. Its made for newbies(no acc/s-bnk+stuff), to make Soldat more friendly.
Since ever, i mean since 1.1xx when Barret used to own, later semi used to own, later autos, and now its MINIMI = winz, the WM never been balanced, its all or nothing. On arcade-mode(normal). Very disgusting.
I have nothing against skovok(or wtver), just the simple fact that hes been fuking that game for long is enough, but i dont. I just disagree about his taste of balance. I just think he dont understand simple labels as: semi/auto/1shot in Soldat's universe, maybe bcuz he never rly played that game srly, or if so, dont use a cientist mentality to understand a shit.
I would love, as i.e of real mode WM, to some group of bitches, that already understand this game, to make the balance of weapons. But, I know, its a waste of life to try to argue on that point. The only hope i have for is that the game keep on atlest.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2010, 12:54:27 pm »
You're dead set on being unhappy, so I'm really not going to bother refuting your straight up wrong assertions.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2010, 12:59:49 pm »
He is Broseidon, lord of the brocean
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless