Author Topic: New Soldat Dev Team  (Read 37833 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: New Soldat Dev Team
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 04:22:35 pm »
Well, not much to say here.
It's really great news. Good luck to the new devs. Looking forward to new Soldat.

Oh wait, a question: Will there be a dev blog, or something like that? If not - I think it might be a good idea to have one.

EXCELLENT! Good choice for dev team. I look forward for the next release. I can't wait to see the portal gone (but keep the new polytypes).

To celebrate, I think we should bring back the Soldat trailer competition.
Uh, I'd say we should do that AFTER 1.5.1 is released. No point in attracting new players only to have them go "ewww!" and run away scared.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 04:24:28 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 04:31:22 pm »
EXCELLENT! Good choice for dev team. I look forward for the next release. I can't wait to see the portal gone (but keep the new polytypes).

To celebrate, I think we should bring back the Soldat trailer competition.
Uh, I'd say we should do that AFTER 1.5.1 is released. No point in attracting new players only to have them go "ewww!" and run away scared.

True.

Also a dev blog would be a good idea.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 04:48:06 pm »
Yeah thanks to MM for sharing this info finally. Congrats to all new devs, time to get your hands dirty!

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 05:18:57 pm »
Is the dev team open for new members? Like if they can recruit new people for purpose of helping them with one specific thing? That would speed up the whole process of releasing new version

Im chill like that

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 05:30:10 pm »
Thanks guys and thanks MM!

So chat mod won't require hack anymore? :P
One thing after another please. :P

Oh wait, a question: Will there be a dev blog, or something like that? If not - I think it might be a good idea to have one.
Currently we don't have one. Currently the best way to get the latest news is via IRC. I could also tweet news.
Just need to find out where to put the news: Soldat site vs Forum news vs twitter vs dev blog vs IRC.
But the dev blog will come sooner or later.

damn you guys damn mm hiring lazy devs its been years since 150 was released i think the new devs arent doing very good job.....
Just keep kicking our ass like MM said so that we continue moving and if you have suggestions let us know.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 07:01:36 pm »
Three cheers for Shoozza!! Hip Hip Hooray!!! ... ...
Oh and ChrisGBK, Fryer and zakath... you guys too! Hip Hip Hooray!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!! Hip Hip HOORAY!!!!!!!

But the dev blog will come sooner or later.

I hope that it comes sooner than later (tired of waiting!) but yeah a separate blog, FB, anything really would be great!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 07:05:21 pm by vehicledestroyer »
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Fireman

• Major
  • D:
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 07:13:22 pm »
I think I just came  ???

Finally after several years  :o , if only this would have happened earlier.

Feels good, men.

Offline MaVeRiCk/PaT0!

• Soldier
  • ex-mapper
    • Soldat Brasil
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 07:21:37 pm »
Great news.
Gl to the dev team!

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 07:37:06 pm »
Aye, well done indeed. Good luck to the team. Glad to see Chris is still on board.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 07:48:35 pm »
GL, HF, enjoy, and remember, try not to be retarded
Congratz to the new team
plus congratz to MM to finally being able to spend more time on LD, and on LD itself

Offline filip2322

• Major
  • Gray
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 08:09:10 pm »
Since we have devs again,can someone help me get my reg. key back?
Mailed MM 2 times,but no response,hope the new devs can help
Imperare sibi maximum imperium est

Offline Atomic

• Major(1)
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 08:09:49 pm »
WOOOOOOOOT!!!  SOLDAT IS BACK FROM THE GRAVE!!!!!!

Good choice on the dev team MM and I hope you guys do well. :)

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 08:31:37 pm »
Holy f**k what has just happend?!? Soldat gets a new anti-cheat-engine by the (at least for me yet unknown) realistic player "Mr.". MM releases f**king sweet rats for LD, which make love to each other and flee in agony from players. And then after all of this joy he also silently drops this huge bombshell?
And these three things only happend within one WEEK. I mean WEEK. You know MM-time. It's almost like Valve-time......too much for my old heart :S
Seems like Odin finally kicked MM's ass to rescue his old love.

I really feel happy for Shoozza finally getting his hands on the source code since he has waited for so long. He's the right guy for this job, right attitude and passion. And also quite open within community communication.
Also the other developers:
- chrisgbk, the good old admin
- fryer, the swedish guy who maintained polyworks lately
- zakath, the one...I know the less...don't know what he has done so far (except Soldat beta team)

According to the question how to post news:
I know the idea of a seperate dev-blog sounds cool. But I think it's stupid to have a whole designed out website which at the moment has only the purposes of downloading the game and as place where many useful links are on one place. We should use the ressources we already have. The "soldat.pl"-website looks great. Use it.
So I would at least post one (bigger) news-entry every month, maybe twice a month. That's how you bring the players back to "soldat.pl". Of course also add a link at the end of every news which would bring us to our beloved soldatforums where we could post comments about that news. But don't just post the same news-text to the forum's thread but just the first sentences maybe and also without the (possible) images of for example some new features ect. which could been posted on the "soldat.pl"-news entry. Or maybe some sort of summary of the smaller news-bits (read along). So even we old forum-nerds would visit the site.

As I said above: I know a seperate dev-blog like "mm.soldat.pl" may sounds cool and "professional". But it's just unnecessary imo. Is there really a problem if the developers-team would just create a new thread directly here on the "News"-Part of the forums everytime they want to tell us of some achievements they have made? I don't know how frequent they will "blog" actually but I think this idea would not only make the people visit Soldat's website again but also bring new players to the forums since they need to register to post a comment.
One example of this approach so you understand it better: On this page of a small open handheld completely created by the indie-community you just press "Developer Blog" for the main news. Once or twice a month the author summarizes the smaller news-bits and posts a bigger news-entry. In the forums under the "News"-Section you can see the actual "dev-blog" where the developers post the smaller newsbits ~ once or twice a week with topic and a date. As you can see it works great and there would be no advantages if they had made a seperate "dev-blog"-page outside the forums.
What you think about this approach?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:39:52 pm by Illuminatus »
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 09:55:01 pm »
f**k: Yeah!
I just hope to play this s**t, when i come back(2/3 years), or not. Anyways...

@Shoozza

D ya think on a future TOTAL rewrite to something playable like openGL, or atlest better DX shit? I mean, some studies from openSoldat like 2Dbox and stuff? U remember: lots of ideas there...
I mean, after the next few releases of a well made Soldat(1.5.1/1.6 idk), might u make sure this game will last LONGER: rewriting it totally to fit our secret dreams?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:26:00 pm by biohazard »

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 10:34:51 pm »
Guys, please do not expect too much from the dev team. I don't want you guys to think the next update will try to change every little and large bits everybody wants changed, and I don't want to see everybody get all angry/disappointed in the new dev-team after the next update due to this. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some bits (whether small or big) will be changed/fixed/whatever, but not necessarily everything everybody wants (at least right away / in the next update).

Offline RemiX

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 10:55:29 pm »
Yeah I am not gonna celebrate too early. Congrats to the new dev's and wish y'all the best. But don't expect me to jump up in down with joy until I see some productivity.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 11:12:17 pm »
Good luck, guys. I'm sure you'll do well.
There are other worlds than these

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 11:54:43 pm »
Wow awesome news, I had a feeling some new devs were probably already working on soldat, but to actually hear the news is great. A step forward for soldat.

As for some kind of dev blog, I like the idea of a new sub-forum over a separate blog, though.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline ENARK

• Major(1)
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 12:21:28 am »
No way member NA r/s will grow ten-fold to a total of 10 players!

Offline ramirez

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2010, 12:52:47 am »
Finally! Seems like very good choices for the dev team, I'm expecting great things to come out from this.

Good luck to the new dev team (like you need it)!