Author Topic: New Soldat Dev Team  (Read 37843 times)

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
Re: New Soldat Dev Team
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2010, 01:21:38 am »
I think it's stupid to have a whole designed out website which at the moment has only the purposes of downloading the game and as place where many useful links are on one place. We should use the ressources we already have. The "soldat.pl"-website looks great. Use it. -That's how you bring the players back to "soldat.pl".

Genius!!
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2010, 03:12:21 am »
Great! Really very good choices. Good luck you guys :)

What's next now? Will dev-team continue coding from Soldat 1.5 source-code or from the unreleased one's source-code?
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline Stuffy

• Soldier
  • Very stuffy.
    • Climb-Zone Forum
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2010, 03:16:15 am »
Yeah, really good choices. I guess things are going to change now.

Btw.

Add a climb-gamemode option please.
The truth is out there? Does anyone know the URL?
The URL is here

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 06:06:41 am »
@up I dont reall think it will happen as it was mentioned in the official sticky

→ Climbing as an official gamemode (just too much of a hassle, really, and doesn't count as a true Soldat gamemode for violence-loving masses )

Im chill like that

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2010, 06:58:13 am »
Congratz and good luck.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2010, 09:11:32 am »
Climb is stupid...
I know, Soldat is kind multiple mode game shit. For every taste, theres a mode to play, but please: keep only the killing modes, or atlest the modes that a stupid bot can play.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 10:09:39 am »
gj :) congrats to the new devs! Lets hope they can take the pressure!
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 10:12:12 am »
I would like to see some words from these "new developers" on what they are planning to do. Soldat has numerous problems, so it's probably hard to decide where to start...

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 10:46:47 am »
they should not change soldat that much but add some new game mods like destroy the objective,domination ???
and add some weapons
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline The_Punisher

• Major(1)
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 11:16:25 am »
they should not change soldat that much but add some new game mods like destroy the objective,domination ???
and add some weapons

lul no ;(
first they should fix the things which went wrong in the past...after that we'll see what could be changed, but first imo I want my old soldat back

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 11:45:57 am »
I would like to see the adoption of Climbing as an inbuilt training tool/map rather than a gamemode. Not necessary absolutely now, but it will combine the love of Climb with the need of an ergonomic way of teaching people how to play and get started - with no delusions of what is expected of them.

Using a gradually increasing difficulty curve, show the new players how they can use their jets from the very simple, to the more complex, to elegant completion of the level.
Just One perfect, neat and tidy Official Climb map - a useful resource for new players, and intermediate players can practice their agility and master the controls in a fun, unique setting.

If I wanted to complicate the idea you could have a timer recording how long it took to reach the end. Experienced players would compete for lower times and more entertaining demos.
Finishing the map at all could warrant itself an achievement in some manner - if I were a more evil designer this would allow you to change your name from Major. Other interesting things to think about is simple targets to shoot at, timed checkpoints. Whatever.

When you think along these avenues, you can see some interesting variations of ideas that could be used to make Soldat more appealing to be introduced to, and give existing players a new outlet to compete. Just keep it in the back of your mind, worry of other things first of course.

/2c
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 12:16:46 pm »
 :o Nice!
Glad to see this annoucement.
I hope they fix the FPS, remake all maps and dont add more gamemodes (or each one will be playing even more "your own soldat").

http://bugs.soldat.pl will be used at this moment?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 12:19:29 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2010, 12:51:55 pm »
Guys, stop asking for all the new features. That's what everybody was so angry about when EnEsCe was developer. It's about the bugs. And we shouldn't even think of new features till we have seen some new versions which fix an amount of bugs / show some progress. Who knows what the future brings? Who knows how capable (no offence) they are, how much time they have? We already have a load of suggestions here in the forum - makes no sense to add new ones and add pressure to the developers-team.
They first need to get used to the source-code and try changing some tiny bits and then see how it reacts before they could even think of bigger changes which lead to other even bigger unwanted changes...
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2010, 02:53:53 pm »
Guys, please do not expect too much from the dev team. I don't want you guys to think the next update will try to change every little and large bits everybody wants changed, and I don't want to see everybody get all angry/disappointed in the new dev-team after the next update due to this. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some bits (whether small or big) will be changed/fixed/whatever, but not necessarily everything everybody wants (at least right away / in the next update).
Guys, stop asking for all the new features. That's what everybody was so angry about when EnEsCe was developer. It's about the bugs. And we shouldn't even think of new features till we have seen some new versions which fix an amount of bugs / show some progress. Who knows what the future brings? Who knows how capable (no offence) they are, how much time they have? We already have a load of suggestions here in the forum - makes no sense to add new ones and add pressure to the developers-team.
They first need to get used to the source-code and try changing some tiny bits and then see how it reacts before they could even think of bigger changes which lead to other even bigger unwanted changes...

Seconded.
Let's not get carried away here, or both players and devs will get hurt.

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2010, 04:42:56 pm »
Seconded.
Let's not get carried away here, or both players and devs will get hurt.

I'm all for not getting carried away. But ONLY fixing bugs?.. is this not the same thing that happen with EnEsCe?! He was only fixing bugs and got bored. Fixing bugs is very time consuming not to mention boring! All I'm saying in is that with a bigger dev team, work can be more, spread out... They could be fixing bugs and adding ideas/features at the same time. Eh, like always we'll have to wait, and see.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 07:45:17 pm by vehicledestroyer »
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Irlandec

• Soldier
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2010, 05:01:22 pm »
Let the devs do their job. All what we can do is only wait and suggest something in appropriate thread.

Offline Hacktank

• Camper
  • Soldat Scripter
    • HTZRPG
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2010, 05:18:54 pm »
Excellent news! I am eager to witness the resurrection of Soldat.

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2010, 06:36:47 pm »
ok for me they should only powerup the barrett it sucks totaly evry weapon including socom is better than it change it  :(  i want 2 camp with somthing good  :)
and wtf are they no vest cluster predator berkster in realistic mode it  would be cool realistic with vest  ::)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:52:27 pm by SoldatFire »
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline Devil-May-Cry

• Major(1)
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2010, 08:39:17 pm »
Great work guys now please give us a new weapon, I propose a new secondary such as a claymore (2)

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2010, 01:21:46 am »
Soldat has finaly stopped dying... I hope this will rise the long tortured soldat to it's deserved days of glory. Good luck dev team...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:23:39 am by pavliko »
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!