Author Topic: Weapon Attachments Soldat 1.6  (Read 5213 times)

Offline Jnub210

• Major(1)
  • It dont be like it is but it do
Weapon Attachments Soldat 1.6
« on: December 12, 2010, 04:37:41 pm »
Soldat Is One My Most played pc game maybe only but i would love to see weapon attachments like under mounted grenade launchers, laser sights, extended clips, non unlimited ammo so u sometimes have to rely on your secondary, Perks character mods and more these thing should be made into a new version of soldat or a soldat patch but not a mod. I think it might increase the fan base it think more people would register for the game. There Should Be a Soldat 2 on Soldat 1.6 With Greater improvements I am willing to help in any way ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D 
[Barret] [Ruger] [saw] [knife] All a soldat needs! HYOOOOOOO!!!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
Re: Weapon Attachments Soldat 1.6
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 05:33:06 pm »
Well, if you're willing to go through sheets of code to add "Perks", "Classes", and "Attachments", then work out the balance from scratch, you can go for it.

Right now the devs are focusing on fixing bugs, and only adding minor improvements to what's already there, nobody has time to travel through fantasy land.

Also, try reading some of the older topics posted on your subjects, you can use the search function for that, you'll see that this has already been discussed a trillion times and WON'T be implemented in the near future.
b&

Offline Jnub210

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:16:53 pm »
 Thx iam actually willing to go  and build a soldat version that has these things it wont effect the older versions u can choose to patch it or not. if a team of ppl are willing to wrk with me on it and if MM is willing to give permission for it i would be glad to start work

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 12:43:53 am »
How about first telling what you are capable of? What experience do you have in programming?
We had many guys like you who just jumped in and cried out loud that they will make the next amazing Soldat-version with vehiculz and stuff but then disappeared after some days and were never seen again...
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline 10th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 01:21:14 am »
Ideas for new features should be posted in the Game Improvements / Suggestions forum.

Offline Jnub210

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 08:11:06 pm »
hahah ok my bad for wrongfully posting but im not immediately saying im going to jump right into it i jus love this fucking game have a great mind for devoloping. but im not trying to piss of the soldat community by bragging and false claims

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 03:59:01 pm »
Yet again, another "I want Soldat to be like Halo/CoD/[Insert game here]".

Attachments sound nice, but not in the vanilla Soldat. Only as a mod. I just hope it'll be possible to make mods like these in not so distant future.

Offline Jnub210

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 05:45:31 pm »
Yet again, another "I want Soldat to be like Halo/CoD/[Insert game here]".

Attachments sound nice, but not in the vanilla Soldat. Only as a mod. I just hope it'll be possible to make mods like these in not so distant future.
Yess We Need To Work On An Attachment Mod As A Community lol

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 08:50:28 pm »
This would absolutely be a nightmare to balance.

Also shit like laser line wont really work in soldat since its 2d (I presume it would look pretty ugly). Also under mounted grenade launcher basically removes the point of m79.

Non Unlimited ammo is an interesting idea though (That would be easier to balance also). Maybe there can be "Ammo packs" like nade packs or meds. That was the only idea I really liked.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 07:21:30 pm »
Yeah that would change  -soldat- totaly cause from version 1.0.0 xD nothing is added on weapons xD

And i think that would be awesome!!!
But would require much more codding and etc.
(it should look like the cod4 buying :) )

But if that is ever going to be added it would hawe a boom on selling registrations !

Ps. i now this soldat is soldat not cod/cs bla bla...
yes but that games are world wide selled cause of the ideas and gameplay and if that would be added in soldat it would be awesome.Cause there is no new ideas possible to make! (or make weapons with intergalactic crap! and fantasy sword fights!)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:34:52 pm by SoldatFire »
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 09:21:58 pm »
Look, if you don't like Soldat for the arcade 2D it is, then just don't bother, leave it, and make your own game of of the game's engine/source/code or whatever you call it.
Soldat has an identity, and it's what kept me playing it for so long, so don't fuck with the game I love, cause you'd be fucking with me :/
b&

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
  • Scripting beginner, mapper&owner of BCB servers.
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 09:35:05 pm »
ur right demoniac... but u think too negative my dear :D think diffrent^^

the non-unlimited ammo idea sounds bad since its just a thing what makes soldat more like other games

and it would piss me off when i shot my 2 last bullets away and needa run to a ammo kit xD

a funny thing i heard here would srsly be vehicles... nothing special but letz say a hely where could stay like 3-4 ppls on it would be like... wow amazing ^^ i would've like thousands of new modding ideas about just a hely working half way correctly^^

think about! xP
BCB-Clan Page
You also can find clan BCB on our servers.

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 02:27:32 am »
I want to stop everybody for at all SAYING word VEHICLES here.

Vehicles
-wouldn't fit to small maps.
-would be overpowered, and if not, then useless.
-would just look so ugly.
-would change the gameplay way too much.
-would be fun for ten minutes
Vehicles
-don't belong to Soldat.

On-topic btw: If someone misses weapon attachments, shall move to Link-Dead ;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:45:09 am by Monsteri »
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 06:08:19 am »
just ....

Vehicles

- create maps for that, call it mod if u want.
- overpowered? u talk about a huey transporter overpowered? with no guns - just for something like a mission mod...
- would look like the scenery where u add to the vehicle rofl... so not ugly... and sry soldat has no beautiful graphics^^
- would it yes, but like i sayd for a mod it could be fucking awesome...
- again in a mod the vehicles will make more fun then only 10 min ^^ (just use em right...)

DONT BELONG TO SOLDAT - thats the only thing i have to agree half way ... anyway... give it a try! gosh ^^
BCB-Clan Page

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 07:36:08 am »
People who dont have a clue about game dev seem to have this idea that radical things can come out of thin air and be perfect in every way. You dont seem to realise that this sort of change to the structure of the game would undergo half a dozen bug-riddled versions before anything agreeably playable was produced - not to mention the glitches caused by old bugs and new features.

Im not trying to say such a game engine wouldnt be interesting - it would be a fantastic environment for modding, and the design possibilities are inspiring - but its simply something that is highly unlikely to produce what we would be aiming for given the current framework. Soldat is already Soldat, it is not a Sandbox. That sort of design needs to be a fresh project, thoroughly drafted before any code is even written.

Can you imagine the chaos if back in the day, suddenly vehicles were drivable in Counter-Strike? If someone wants to make a 2.5D Counter-Strike/Soldat/Halo engine based on a vast library of dynamic objects and events, then go for it. Its taken long enough to get Soldat where it should be as it is, lets not obfuscate it further.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 08:00:07 am »
I think it would be nice to make it so like
 [DE]       |silencer+mov acc  |doublle clip   |laser-bink
 [MP5]         |silencer+mov acc  |laser- bink  |m203 a low power nade|
 [AK74]       |silencer+mov acc  |laser- bink  |m203 a low power nade|
 [AUG]       |silencer+mov acc  |laser- bink  |m203 a low power nade|
 [Spas]       |grip+mov acc |fast reload  |tac.light-bink|
 [Ruger]       |scope+acc  |externed clip+amma
 [M79]       |HE nades+blast  |fuel+ range  |
 [Barret]       |tel.scope+view  |grip- bink
 [Minimi]       |silencer+mov acc  |laser- bink|
 [Minigun]       | :/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [socom] |silencer+mov acc  |laser- bink|
 [saw] |dunno
 [knife] |yep :/ i dunno x2
 [law] |its a law ???

PS.yes i was laming
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 08:09:24 am »
aight i get ur point kynetik still it would be so fun xDD

yea well but something new has to come and if its just 3-4 new weapons with a bigger weapon selection in weaopins menu.

i know its hard to find new sorts of weps i got right now not time to think about some^^ but ill post later some ideas about weapons :P

BCB-Clan Page

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 11:00:44 am »
For crying out fuck! When will you guys start reading the stickies! They are STICKY'd for a goddamn reason.
THE DO NOT SUGGEST LIST: New weapons.
THE DO NOT SUGGEST LIST: Vehicles.
Stop trying to make Soldat a 2D version of COD.
If you miss seeing wep attachments and jeeps go play some efing COD, do not ruin a game you don't even want, but others do.
b&

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 11:30:54 am »
New weapons are actually fine; it's like altering the current weapon balance of a gun extensively, but the question is whether the new weapon is worth implementing. Look at the Socom in the latest balance - it has become some rapid-fire semi-auto than a mini-deagle; it shows that the balance team is willing to try something very different if it adds value to Soldat's gameplay.

Now having said that, the rule on the do not suggest list was implemented because people often push ideas without much consideration of the game's state and design, which is pretty much what is happening here. I highly doubt the implementation of vehicles will help Soldat's gameplay in any way considering the idea of Soldat is to run and jump and jet around while shooting the hell out of your enemy in a small and complex terrain that clearly doesn't support vehicles.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:33:44 am by STM1993 »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 12:28:13 pm »
THE DO NOT SUGGEST LIST: Vehicles.

Does that include dragonflies? I want my dragonflies! >:(

It's funny how people just don't ignore threads like this one. Just accept that people are dumb idiots and stop caring. Your words are a waste of time, because the next enlightened will pop up soon.

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 01:07:08 pm »
ur so right :D here is it^^

man the game needs changes - just fucking take some ideas beside of crying loudly NO it ruins the game rararra-age ... stop that shit... arguy about ... ---.--- why 3-4 new weps would be bad? i thougt about beside of m79 something styled like a cluster nade launcher 3 small nades ... easy thing to create ...

or other ideas everything helps... what not helps is say no no its crap blabla ^^

i think u got what im tryn to say.
BCB-Clan Page

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 01:47:04 pm »
No, because you not only ignore the spell check function, for God knows what reasons, you also have the speech patterns of a prepubescent child.
@STM: I never said anything about changing the current weapons to something new, I'm just against adding entirely new weapon slots, we're already going through hell figuring out a way to balance the WM, the last thing we need is more weapons to balance.
b&

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 01:50:56 pm »
well i dont care what u say actually u seem to be one of those wanna be's where always make everything looking bad.

think positive - not negative.

so if u say its not possible to add 3-4 more weps on a new version.... what the fuck is the new version then for? +1 dmg +1 bink and all that shit to balance weapons again...and again? makes no sence for me... bether work on some new ideas (not on my idea) but on some which all the ppls would like to see...
BCB-Clan Page

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 02:53:39 pm »
Well you sound like a naive kid who thinks having one of everything is a good idea. It takes more than childish idealism to get things done in a way which works. Believe it or not, a game by definition is not your personal sandbox of shiny things. And as alarming as it may sound, it actual takes a lot of effort to create and balance a game with 8X the complexity of rock-paper-scissors, in a way that will please the vast majority of the people. Smart people invest their time and energy developing ideas that are less likely to retard the functionality of the product. If balance makes no sense to you, then its most likely because you havent attempted to understand what the mechanics of the game are, let alone have an overstanding worth swaying the developers' professional opinions.

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 02:58:23 pm »
And again you haven't thoroughly read through my post.
And again you're making claims.
First of all, I'm an optimist. Secondly, I never said I don't want to see somethign new in Soldat, I just don't want the pillars on which it was built torn down and rebuilt.
b&

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 03:18:27 pm »
Admins, lock the thread, or we will have a war here sooner or later.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 03:24:35 pm »
na hold it open idc about demoniac anymore...
doesnt make sence to keep talk ^^

BCB-Clan Page

BCB-Soldier till i die!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 03:28:51 pm »
It's funny how you keep ignoring everyone and everything, and especially since you didn't reply to Kynetik. Yes, this discussion really makes no sense, at least that you understood.

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 09:29:53 am »
GhostRiderSwiss
is right there should be added more ideas weapons,ideas and etc. i look at the changelogs of the versions and all they add is +1dmg -1acc and small changes!
Soldat is going to die of it doesnt keep up with new stuff

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 12:44:05 pm »
darkcrusade im a free guy i decide on my own if i wanna reply to ppls or not ... beside that u just post also a nonsence shit again. and fuck man ur 24/7 in this forum online ... before u judge me get a fucking life -.-

and soldatfire is right soldat is going to die - why?

cauze of ppl like demoniac - not open for any ideas and starting to stroke my balls for bringing ideas... thats bullshit

bring bether ideas before making judge about other ppl's idea ...
BCB-Clan Page

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 12:59:59 pm »
Well, if you want to start pissing your pants about this take it to the PM's, and I though you "Idc" about me anymore? Or am I mistaken?
Anyways, I'm open to suggestions to make Soldat better, but it has to be SOLDAT, not COD, after those improvements.
Final opinion: F11; It will be a pain to code this, it will cause massive balance issue headaches, and it will delay more important work such as fixing current bugs.
b&

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 01:03:45 pm »
Admins, lock the thread, or we will have a war here sooner or later.
Sorry if I'm insolent.