Author Topic: 2 Suggestions  (Read 1761 times)

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
2 Suggestions
« on: December 15, 2010, 04:10:14 pm »
Here's two small ideas I had in my head. Give me your thoughts and at worst case nail me on a wall if these has been discussed before, I didn't do any investigation on that.

Warmup mode
Yup, a warmup. Should be implemented in each gametype. When X% of the players type/click "ready", the match begins. And when match begins, you can't vote another map untill the match ends. You can however vote kicks and "endmatches" if theres something like that lol. While on warmup, you can discuss that usual chit-chatter you see in clan wars or you can arrange teams/wait players. Ofcourse, you can warmup on your warmup too.

Bullets should punch vertically too
Lets talk about spas/mp5 for instance, it can push your friends left or right fluently, but when you shoot your friends from below they don't really fly really anywhere. At best your friends gets pushed slightly horizontally. Why is this, does playing volleyball with people cause balance issues? I think that would infact give people that are all headshots to attacks from above something to counter them with. There doesn't seem to be problem with horizontal pushing so what the heck could be problem with pushing people vertically? (Cept the fact it would be cool)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: 2 Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 04:11:34 pm »
I definitely agree with your bullet vertical boost suggestion. I'm disappointed that it only works with grenades.
There are other worlds than these

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 04:50:29 pm »
Maybe I don't imagine it the way you do, but I don't see much point in a warmup mode, except maybe in clanwars, but for that purpose scripts should suffice. I don't think it's worth the time adding it as a built-in feature.

I'm not sure if vertical boosts are a good idea either. You already get significant advantage over your enemy if you're higher than him. If bullets gain the ability to push enemies vertically - mid-air battles will probably end even faster simply because you'd push enemy offscreen faster than actually killing them. Not to mention the increase in getting boosted into polys.

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 07:09:57 pm »
The thing is, when you join a server the game is always on, doesn't matter if theres players in or not. Now you get more players in and you want to start the game for real. Only way to do this is to either wait and play the rest of the time, vote the map again or restart it as admin. Pros for the warmup I got in my mind have already been posted on the first post and only cons for warmups I can think of are that if players decide to be c**ts and wont "ready" themselves... aand ofcourse the monstrous permille of labor it takes from developers to pull off.

Your overthinking my second idea. I did not mean to neglect the physics completely, I just think that there should be vertical boost like there is horizontal boost. How could it cause trouble different from horizontal boosts? Trying to jet your way up and getting a rain of bullets would be as much as annoying than as it is now when you are pushed backwards in horizontal axis.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:13:58 pm by smiluu »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 07:28:43 pm »
if players decide to be c**ts and wont ready themselves... aand ofcourse the monstrous permille of labor it takes from developers to pull off.
No "ifs", it WILL happen. A lot. Unfortunately from my experience EVERY SINGLE GAME that uses the "everyone has to ready-up" system suffers from such idiots.
Personally, I don't care if I join mid-game. I just join, play 'til im bored, and leave. I don't really care if the game is "for real" or not - it's something that matters in more organized games, but isn't really needed in pubs.

How could it cause trouble different from horizontal boosts? Trying to jet your way up and getting a rain of bullets would be as much as annoying than as it is now when you are pushed backwards in horizontal axis.
When being pushed horisontally - you at least don't lose altitude that much. If you lose altitude as well as speed - it'll be twice as frustrating.
Thats just my opinion though. I can't say for sure without actually trying this out in-game. :S
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:44:00 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 10:23:11 pm »
What I think should be done, as far as this Warmup mode is have x number of games per round x number of rounds per map (till next map) and in between rounds there is a 30 break where it's free for all for awhile.

I think this will work well with another great sugetstion "Teams shuffled each round"

Say it's CTF on a non symmetrical map. You join and play one game as Alpha team next game your automatically "shuffled" to Bravo. Same map, different perspective keeps it interesting. After 2 games the round ends where everyone is standing! No freeze when the game "ends". Now it's time for a free for all 'intermediation'. You get to beat up your team mates for a bit xD. 30 seconds down and it's time for the next round. After all rounds end next map.

I think a system like think would work really well and everyone will like it.
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 07:20:15 am »
No "ifs", it WILL happen. A lot. Unfortunately from my experience EVERY SINGLE GAME that uses the "everyone has to ready-up" system suffers from such idiots.
Which is why I mentioned the %s. When majority or certain percent of people is ready, the game will start obviously. Quake Live for instance has pulled this system out splendidly. Only problem is that there are plenty of the new fellas, afks and the wankers that delay the start. But thus stigmatising that as a everytime problem is just stupid since it works out fine most of the time.

When being pushed horisontally - you at least don't lose altitude that much. If you lose altitude as well as speed - it'll be twice as frustrating.
Not only I think it would be cool, logically it would also make sense. And god your a hardcore pessimist.

mid-air battles will probably end even faster simply because you'd push enemy offscreen faster than actually killing them.
Do you normally push engaging enemies out of the screen?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 07:21:57 am by smiluu »

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 11:27:52 pm »
@Warmup mode:
Now you get more players in and you want to start the game for real.
I know this situation. It usually happens when there are some bunch of "more skilled" people in the server and you start to really have fun. But I have to agree with L[0ne]R too: it already is possible with scripting and actually fits more to organized matches. A 30s warmup round would be a nice suggestion for the new online-gather for example.
But I think there is no need to really implement it in the game. Just force all players to spec and then use the scripting-ability to let them decide when they are ready. If some guy doesn't react the timelimit will either kick him (the rigorous version), get a substitute (if possible on the online-gather) or just start the match anyway (for the public-servers).

If really implemented I would suggest it to put it aside the "realistic" and "survival" options to still have a choice.

@Bullets should punch vertically too:
it can push your friends left or right fluently, but when you shoot your friends from below they don't really fly really anywhere. [...] Why is this
Ehm....dude, lol. Ever heard of gravity? :P
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 07:04:41 am »
If really implemented I would suggest it to put it aside the "realistic" and "survival" options to still have a choice.
That's a good one

Ehm....dude, lol. Ever heard of gravity? :P
Never heard of the kind of gravity that makes it impossible to push or lift things vertically.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 06:23:35 pm »
It doesn't make it impossible but the shots of the mp5 just seem to be not strong enough to push the player up. So the gravity pointing down >= than the force of the mp5-shots flying upwards.
Play with the gravity settings and it will work imo.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:30:32 pm by Illuminatus »

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 08:29:59 pm »
The power wasnt the issue, the way the gosteks gets pushed is.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 10:34:16 pm »
Eh lol, it's really like that? Never ever noticed that - gonna try it...